Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remind me never to order from CJ pony parts again and order from American muscle only

Old 11-22-2011, 09:04 PM
trublu07

Originally Posted by pinn
I like both websites and have never had a single issue with CJ Pony. Both sites have responded within 24 hours to every single email that I have sent. A few of my past parts from CJ Pony were on back order, but they called me each time and informed me which parts were on back-order. (with estimated ship dates) They even asked if I still wanted those parts or if they should cancel them off the order. Top notch service every time I have used both of the websites.
What he said. Me too on both sites.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:16 AM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

Never ordered from CJ Pony but I have ordered a LOT from AM. Never a problem with AM and super fast shipping.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:22 AM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Unforchanatly AM has spared the rod and spoiled the child, so to say.
You can't expect that level of satisfaction with everyone bro. One of these days I might hit AM up for a job, I have been that impressed with their outfit...and would love the employee discounts
Old 11-23-2011, 11:16 AM
delusiondejavu
2nd Gear Member

How about this.... I being just horrible at doing anything car related was putting on my GT500 wheels and did not notice that the front wheels needed a thin walled lug wrench scratched and chipped the wheel all to hell using the factory wrench. (It was dark on that side of the garage oops) I call AM and what did they do? Sent me a new wheel free of charge.... and that is why I have spent close to $4K on their website....
Old 11-23-2011, 11:55 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

So far I've only ordered from American Muscle. The items I ordered are shipped to Germany and usually takes 2 weeks of delivery. There are other sites, I've looked at because AM doesn't have some of the things I would like to purchase, but really nervous going outside the box, so I'll stay with AM for a while.

It sucks you had a bad experience, but who knows, maybe it was a one time deal. And not to hijack your post, and maybe you have order from this company as well, but has anyone ordered from JcWhitney?

Well, hope you get the item soon bro...
Old 11-23-2011, 12:04 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by mustang0672
Turns out american muscle stopped carrying the item I needed. I turned to CJ pony parts and ordered it 8 days ago....was hoping to have it for the autorama thursday...but no, it just shipped out today WTF? My order would have been here 3 days ago from American muscle...just thought I'd let you guys know if you ever order parts from them how long their shipping takes...this is so frustrating . Hell, they don't even give a tracking number...you have to call them and when I called them I waited on the line for 15 minutes..

Perhaps they were out of stock on the part you ordered and had to get it first?

I took a look at CJ's shipping policy "3.In Stock orders placed by 3PM EST, Monday-Friday, ship the same day."

Most likely the reason but I would've thought they would have sent you an e-mail at least letting you know about the delay...? Just my $0.02
Old 11-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Thrashard340
2nd Gear Member

Until recently, most of my my online orders came from Summit or AM. AM has all the best selection of Mustang parts. Unfortunately, being on the West Coast, shipping takes 5 days. Summit's selection isn't as extensive. However, they have a warehouse in Reno and I get my shipments the next day. If Summit has it for the same price as AM, I order from Summit. I have not had a negative experience from either company. I would order from both in the future given the situation.

I recently ordered a set of MGTCA1 from Late Model Restoration because the price was just as good as AM and they are in TX, so it's closer.

I'm just hoping that AM's success leads them to open up a warehouse closer to the West Coast in the near future.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:20 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Thanks so much for the kind words and patronage, everybody!
We truly appreciate your support and your business!
Thank you very much!

OP, sorry to hear about your order, that's definitely never a fun experience to have to sit through.

Originally Posted by Thrashard340
I'm just hoping that AM's success leads them to open up a warehouse closer to the West Coast in the near future.
Me too! I want to live/work in SoCal like whoooooa!
Old 11-23-2011, 04:20 PM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

American Muscle is the best! Wish they would have carried the Koni STR.T shocks and struts! There is a lot of value in great customer service!!! (and free shipping!)

Last edited by jdmcbride; 11-23-2011 at 04:22 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:51 PM
HollowPointBullitt

Originally Posted by mustang0672
Should have gave a warning that or something that it was on backorder right? Im not saying That CJ as a whole is a bad company just sharing my experience as I see they don't have their own forum.
They have their own forum? Says right on their website on the left side by all the social media Mustang Foums. As far as your part being on back order their site tells you if it's in stock or not. Sounds to me you may have just over looked some of the details on their site.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Remind me never to order from CJ pony parts again and order from American muscle only