Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my first ticket in my 'stang

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 09:09 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

I stay within 5-10mph of the PSL - unless I'm on the back roads.

But I do change lanes a lot - however I use my signal WELL in advance of any lane change. People that go weaving through the lanes without signaling really grind my gears.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:10 PM
BlackGT45th
2nd Gear Member

The cop singled you out because you were in a mustang, no big surprise. He was probably just mad because he spends everyday in a crappy charger. Fight it in court.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:16 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

In my areas where I drive, something I found out about most cops: they will pull you over is you stand out. Sure, the car you drive being one (no matter whether you dive a Camaro, Challenger, Corvette, or Mustang).

Hell, the last ticket I got was in the middle of night, and there is no way the cop could tell what kind of car I was driving until he was close enough.
The reason why he singled me out was because I was stupid enough to drive with my fog lamps on. He probably clocked me over a mile away, and since he saw 4 eyes coming at him out of a pack of no less than 5 cars, I was the easiest to keep track of until I was close enough for him to light me up.
Lesson learned: I dont drive with my fogs on unless I actually need them.

Speaking of lights,: HID projectors with their blue tints are also easy to track at night. Out of a pack of cars that are all speeding, the car with the blue lames will probably get the ticked because he is so easy to track even if everyone in the pack slows down upon sight of the cop.

I do have to admit, I believe I actually talked my way out of a ticket because the cop who pulled me over was probably a fellow car guy. He wrote me a warning, and while we were on the side of the rode, we talked about cars for a good 20min or so before he said he had to get back to work. He probably would have gotten in trouble for sitting still when his duty for day required him to actively drive up and down the road.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:20 PM
FsuGoNoles63
2nd Gear Member

My dads a cop and I guess he is different from most of them since he lets guys who are driving nice muscle cars or trucks off with a warning. Now he always gives the guy in a rice bucket a ticket though
Old 12-13-2011, 10:49 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Where in Alabama are you? Was this bull **** on 565? lol. My attorney got me off with court costs and traffic school. Didn't have to go to court and he got it off my record. Had to pay his fees, court costs, traffic school.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:23 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about the misfortune OP. Hate to be the dick in the crowd, but fact of the matter is that you were still breaking the law. The fact that other people were doing it too makes you less likely to get pulled over, but doesn't excuse you (or them). It's the gamble we take when we drive fast cars fast.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:16 AM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

The whole construction zone thing has become a scam. I have heard city council members debating designating an area a construction zone 2 years early so they can "collect the enhanced fines". It's all about revenue, nothing to do with safety.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:23 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Cop driving in an unmarked charger explains everything. He's such a hater! But on a serious note, if you are able to, do what others have mentioned. Hire a Traffic Lawyer and see where it goes. Best case, everything gets swepted under the rug. Worst case, fine cost is reduced and you get a small slap on the hands.

Who knows, maybe the cop had a bad week. Drove home from work, saw a blue mustang drive out of his drive way. Walked in the house and his wife was walking around smiling and glowing bright like a Grabber Blue Mustang. Who knows, lol.

Good luck bro ;0)
Old 12-14-2011, 05:18 AM
stags
3rd Gear Member

I hate to be a debby downer too, but when I want to go fast, I take it to a track. Safe, and no cops. And its not just about you, its the other people on the road.

My question becomes this: At which point could you state that speed was a mechanism of self defense? I have had multiple occurences where on the freeway, where I typically run within 5 of the limit, people will cut me off, slam on their brakes, try and force me to pull over, or throw **** at my car. My typical response being to drop a gear and pass them at 110-120 and run like hell for five minutes untill they are way behind me. I wonder how a cop would react to that situation...
Old 12-14-2011, 08:24 AM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by danzcool
The whole construction zone thing has become a scam. I have heard city council members debating designating an area a construction zone 2 years early so they can "collect the enhanced fines". It's all about revenue, nothing to do with safety.
I disagree. Two years may be excessive, but putting up the construction signs the day it starts doesn't get people in the habit of paying more attention BEFORE people are actually there working.

Quick Reply: Got my first ticket in my 'stang