Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eibach Sport-System-Plus Installed (pic Heavy)

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 10:20 AM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Looks good! I ended up just buying the pro kit lowering springs with Tokico dampers from AM and the cornering is no slouch with that upgrade either! Although I'm sure not as good as your improved cornering (you get what you pay for). Loving that engine bay shot too.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:36 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Looks great man, congrats on the install I am sure you are excited!
Old 12-17-2011, 11:51 AM
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

AWESOME man, it'll settle even more after a few days driving, that looks terrific.. Now I'm wondering if my change from Sportline to Pro was a wise decision - I like how it looks on yours.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:35 PM
delusiondejavu
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pdonket
Only other question I have for you is whether or not its much more stiff than stock, for example when you're driving and roll over a pot hole or something, is it really harsh on the new springs/struts+shocks or is it similar to stock?

Also, if you don't mind telling, how much did installation cost on this? I know I'm not much of an expert with cars and would definitely need to put this job on the shoulders of some professionals.
I find it to be the same when you hit a bump/imperfection in the road. It doesn't feel any rougher of a ride.

I have to use a shop for just about everything since I am pretty much useless when it comes to mechanical work. My shop charged me $400 for the install of the kit. They charged me $80 to install the Boss intake which I found to be extremely fair compared to quotes from other shops in the area. They also threw on the caliber covers while they had the wheels off and that was included in the $400. I could have done the covers but since they were going to have the wheels off any ways and it was free....... why not I say go for it because it is well worth the money!
Old 12-17-2011, 12:39 PM
delusiondejavu
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JayyVee
AWESOME man, it'll settle even more after a few days driving, that looks terrific.. Now I'm wondering if my change from Sportline to Pro was a wise decision - I like how it looks on yours.
It was a toss up for me as well. I couldn't decide so I went with the advice of Chris and some of the pics of reviewers on the AM site.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:44 PM
delusiondejavu
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadStang40
Looks good! I ended up just buying the pro kit lowering springs with Tokico dampers from AM and the cornering is no slouch with that upgrade either! Although I'm sure not as good as your improved cornering (you get what you pay for). Loving that engine bay shot too.
From what I have read smart to go with the dampers. I am 100% sure that your cornering has improved greatly with your install. I got a really good deal on this package or I would have been getting only the springs.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:52 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by delusiondejavu
I did buy the whole kit. Paid well under $1K through AM. The handling is amazing compared to the original suspension. The body roll is gone and the cornering is awesome. It does have a slight bounce if the road is not evenly paved but not much more than the original suspension.
*** I ordered only the springs at first and then after some advice from AMChris I decided to send them back and get the entire kit. I am happy with the decision. ***
Originally Posted by pdonket
Only other question I have for you is whether or not its much more stiff than stock, for example when you're driving and roll over a pot hole or something, is it really harsh on the new springs/struts+shocks or is it similar to stock?
Also, if you don't mind telling, how much did installation cost on this? I know I'm not much of an expert with cars and would definitely need to put this job on the shoulders of some professionals.
I find it to be the same when you hit a bump/imperfection in the road. It doesn't feel any rougher of a ride.
I have to use a shop for just about everything since I am pretty much useless when it comes to mechanical work. My shop charged me $400 for the install of the kit. They charged me $80 to install the Boss intake which I found to be extremely fair compared to quotes from other shops in the area. They also threw on the caliber covers while they had the wheels off and that was included in the $400. I could have done the covers but since they were going to have the wheels off any ways and it was free....... why not I say go for it because it is well worth the money!
It was a toss up for me as well. I couldn't decide so I went with the advice of Chris and some of the pics of reviewers on the AM site.
From what I have read smart to go with the dampers. I am 100% sure that your cornering has improved greatly with your install. I got a really good deal on this package or I would have been getting only the springs.
Awesome, glad to hear it, Brian! You definitely made the right choice in getting the whole kit(springs, shocks/struts, sway-bars/end-links) and I forget but did you get the camber bolts or the camber plates? I think I suggested the camber bolts, right?

Did that $400 for installation include the alignment? If so, that's definitely very fair/reasonable. Especially if they charged you $80 for the intake, it sounds like they are charging you very reasonably for your parts installations. I would continue to use them if I were you! A good/fair shop like that is hard to find, stick with them!

Originally Posted by MadStang40
You definitely do get what you pay for when it comes to suspension, but the Tokicos are a great set of dampers and nothing to shake a stick at. The only difference with the complete Eibach kit is that it's all setup to be run together(the spring rates are set up for the shocks/struts which are soft enough to run on the street but aggressive enough to hit the track with as well) and add in the sway-bars and you have a great complete package for a very reasonable price. If you just pick up some good sway-bars your setup should be right up there, too!
Old 12-18-2011, 02:23 PM
delusiondejavu
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisYoung
Awesome, glad to hear it, Brian! You definitely made the right choice in getting the whole kit(springs, shocks/struts, sway-bars/end-links) and I forget but did you get the camber bolts or the camber plates? I think I suggested the camber bolts, right?

Did that $400 for installation include the alignment? If so, that's definitely very fair/reasonable. Especially if they charged you $80 for the intake, it sounds like they are charging you very reasonably for your parts installations. I would continue to use them if I were you! A good/fair shop like that is hard to find, stick with them!

!
I got the camber bolts and I still need an alignment as the machine that the shop had still could not do a wheel with out a lip. They ordered the add on for the machine but it was not in yet. So I either wait and get the alignment from them in a month or get it done at another shop they work with for a discount. The shop did a great shop eyeing the alignment as I feel no pull what so ever and I can let go of the wheel and I go straight. I will get one soon tho just in case.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:12 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

I got the camber bolts and I still need an alignment as the machine that the shop had still could not do a wheel with out a lip. They ordered the add on for the machine but it was not in yet. So I either wait and get the alignment from them in a month or get it done at another shop they work with for a discount. The shop did a great shop eyeing the alignment as I feel no pull what so ever and I can let go of the wheel and I go straight. I will get one soon tho just in case.

Yea, it's always a good idea to get a final alignment just to know you are okay. The caster/camber might be okay, but the toe might be slightly off and that can really eat through some tires. A good performance alignment shouldn't take more than an hour and/or cost more than an hour's worth of labor.

Again, looks great Brian! Thanks for your support/patronage!
Old 12-21-2011, 07:19 PM
StangisSwag
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisYoung
Yea, it's always a good idea to get a final alignment just to know you are okay. The caster/camber might be okay, but the toe might be slightly off and that can really eat through some tires. A good performance alignment shouldn't take more than an hour and/or cost more than an hour's worth of labor.

Again, looks great Brian! Thanks for your support/patronage!
chris, could you pm me the discount code? trying to get in touch with you before the shipping deal comes off tomorrow at 5 lol

Quick Reply: Eibach Sport-System-Plus Installed (pic Heavy)