Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frustrated with axle back

Old 12-27-2011, 05:13 PM
wanakanabe
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by autos221
Drone doesn't bother me since it is natural for an engine to make sexy sounds
Same here,I don't have enough drone,it is all the music I care to listen to.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:38 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Exley,

Sorry to hear that the exhaust didn't sound the way you had hoped! I hate when that happens, and I've been through 3 axle-backs on my 07' GO GT to get what I finally wanted. I feel your pain!

While we can't take them back because they've been installed and used, I can absolutely pass along a discount on your next order to try and make it a little more reasonable for you. That way, if you lose a little money selling the MAC's, we can hopefully make that up by discounting the new set. Sorry about that, and let me know when you're ready and I'll give it to you at our cost or cheaper if I need to make it up!

Check out our exhaust sound clips, too - maybe you'll hear something you fall in love with!

Chris
Old 12-27-2011, 06:01 PM
modman42
2nd Gear Member

That right there is why i will always shop at AM!
Old 12-27-2011, 06:04 PM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

I have them and drone doesn't bother me. You could use Dynamat to reduce the drone. Along with resonators from what I have heard.

But everyone has different tolerances. It may go down a little bit too though, mine seem like they are constantly changing pitch so it may get better with age.

But AM is a great company for customer service as Chris is showing with his post. Just next time I guess check around and make sure there isn't going to be an issue with drone. Good luck with the next ones.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:38 PM
mustang0672
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
Exley,

Sorry to hear that the exhaust didn't sound the way you had hoped! I hate when that happens, and I've been through 3 axle-backs on my 07' GO GT to get what I finally wanted. I feel your pain!

While we can't take them back because they've been installed and used, I can absolutely pass along a discount on your next order to try and make it a little more reasonable for you. That way, if you lose a little money selling the MAC's, we can hopefully make that up by discounting the new set. Sorry about that, and let me know when you're ready and I'll give it to you at our cost or cheaper if I need to make it up!

Check out our exhaust sound clips, too - maybe you'll hear something you fall in love with!

Chris
Man of Honor right here! Best company in the aftermarket business.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:50 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

AM rocks....nice post Chris.

OP, with a stock mid pipe and stock cats you should just get a more mellow axle back. AT flow or magnaflow would eliminate the drone yet have that nice muscle car tone.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:40 PM
defiance
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
AM rocks....nice post Chris.

OP, with a stock mid pipe and stock cats you should just get a more mellow axle back. AT flow or magnaflow would eliminate the drone yet have that nice muscle car tone.
+1 and both of those are really not that expensive.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:34 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

I have MBRP axle backs on mine and no drone. I'd been through 2 sets on my 06 and finally went with straight pipes cuz I figured if it was going to be drony, it might as well be obnoxious too. On the 10 though, the stockers hang on the wall and the MBRP's have been doing me very well for about 9k miles.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:53 PM
Exley

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
Exley,

Chris
WOW! Thank you so much for reaching out to me! It means so much. I really appreciate the offer. I am currently doing more research on the sound i want and also will probably listen to some in person if possible. The MACs are still on my car so i am also going to see if it continues to bother me tomorrow on my way to work.

Just out of curiosity what setup did you end up with on your car?

Thanks again,
-Alex (Exley)
Old 12-27-2011, 10:21 PM
bigmike06gt
1st Gear Member

I went with the Bassani on my 06 and I love the sound. There is no drone that I notice which is part of the reason I wanted the bassani.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Frustrated with axle back