Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roushcharger M90 impressions Day 1

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 09:25 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Default Roushcharger M90 impressions Day 1

OK. I'm just going to get this out of my system. HOLY FRICKIN CRAPOLA! This is so awesome.

It took 2 weeks for the dealer to get it installed because Roush sent the wrong fuel rail, but they kept me up to date and it's a combination of bad timing with Christmas rush, wrong parts, etc...but in the end, I have had very little stress with the install. I just turned it over to my contact their and trusted him it would be done right. Besides, we had over a foot of snow last week, so big deal. Not like I could have driven her B@LLZ to the wall anyway!

So everything you've been told about it waking up your ride is totally true. Everyone else I've met on the road has pretty much brought a knife to a gun fight. Now, I'm not talkin smack about the 2011+ GT's. I've test driven them twice, but for whatever reason this feels like significantly more power. My ride is a 2010 GT. If I had to guess, it's because I've gotten so accustomed to my car that this major change seems more dramatic, but I'll tell you that I've got no problem at all taking on any ride now. I've been the underdog on frequent occasions and have been able to take the gold, so now that I've got some serious firepower...BOOM! Bring it!

If you are considering SC'ing your stang, I'd totally recommend it. I have no doubt that I could have done the install, but honestly, the deal I got was so good I simply decided to pass off the labor and pay the man. It was so simple that way.

Other things people have said are get ready for upgrading the suspension. Honestly, probably the only thing I will do in the short term is LCA's. I've seen an increase in wheel hop but I'm trying to avoid it like the plague through throttle control. I know they helped immensely on my 06, so it's a worthy investment for me. The next big upgrade will either be brakes, full suspension, or VMP 500 upgrade. It's honestly way too early for me to tell.

All I can say is this feels like a totally bad@$$ ride and I can't wipe the smile off my face. Any thoughts I had of trading "up" to a 2011+ have evaporated. And no video you see will ever do the Roushcharger whine justice. It's totally addicting.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:30 PM
defiance
3rd Gear Member

Ah man thats great! Sounds exhilarating! I really can't wait for the day I will pull that trigger,
one day, one day......

Congrats!
Old 12-27-2011, 09:34 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Awesome man gotta love FI, congrats!
Old 12-27-2011, 09:37 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

After I met with the national reps from Roush over summer, I came to the conclusion that the M90 is a DD supercharger.

According to them, if you want RAW POWER, the R2300 is the only option.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:50 PM
FsuGoNoles63
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Young_Gun
After I met with the national reps from Roush over summer, I came to the conclusion that the M90 is a DD supercharger.

According to them, if you want RAW POWER, the R2300 is the only option.
I think 400+ HP is a good amount of this so called, "raw power".

But to the op, congrats. F/I just makes everyone smile. LOL
Old 12-27-2011, 09:56 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FsuGoNoles63

Ahh I was speaking of 600+ hehehe
Old 12-27-2011, 09:59 PM
FsuGoNoles63
2nd Gear Member

Well that might take away some DD'n ability lol
Old 12-27-2011, 10:05 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

After all the horror stories on the MF about 500 being the upper limit on the 4.6, that's why I decided to stay under 500. If I hadnt read all the stuff about needing forged cranks, pistons, internals, etc...which is IMO just stupid money for a car I usually DD unless snow causes me to 4WD it...I would have went for the porterhouse and slapped some big blower on there. But I wanna keep this car and although it will see a track or 2 in its day, I'm gonna be driving it a lot on the street and she aint no garage queen...so no sense in blastin a bunch a coin in it to be a drag car when that aint really my thing. Making ricers eat my dust so bad they cry to their mama's...hellz yeah.

Last time I lost a main bearing in a stang, I decided I would never touch anything below the heads or intake manifold ever again. I'd rather replace the whole car then go through that cr@p again
Old 12-27-2011, 10:06 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

yeup its intoxicating. congrats. funny how some guys have had fi on the 05-09 stangs but then buy a 2011 and act like that car is as fast.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:08 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FsuGoNoles63

435 with roush tune...they gents at AM and Bama says they can boost me to 450 no problem-o with just a tune. They rock! For about another 350 I can get to 500 with VMP as I already have the tuner and another MF'er hooked me up with his VMP pulley.

Quick Reply: Roushcharger M90 impressions Day 1