Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

windshield washer fluid hose

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 08:01 PM
Vladyfan

Default windshield washer fluid hose

This is odd. I have 2010 Mustang and I went to push my wipers and no fluid came out. No big deal, I bought more, filled it to the tippy-top and got in. Pushed the button, and nothing. I can hear the pump engage. I then looked and there was no fluid at the top anymore. Upon some investigation, my hubby and I noticed that there is a hole in the washer tubing right before the T under the hood. You can see the fluid leaking out when you have the hood popped and washer engaged. Can you just get a new T or should we get a new tubing? Thoughts. Odd, how did this happen in the first place? It does not seem to be rubbing on anything (it is under the insulation of the hood) but it is a large hole (about 3/4 of an inch long).
Old 12-31-2011, 08:45 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

If you're still covered by the bumper to bumper warranty, see if it is covered. A fairly new hose should not develop a hole such as you describe unless it was defective to begin with.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:07 PM
Vladyfan

Unfortunately I am just out of warranty with 40k on my car. I don't imagine it is a difficult fix, just odd.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:15 AM
defiance
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vladyfan
Unfortunately I am just out of warranty with 40k on my car. I don't imagine it is a difficult fix, just odd.
It is odd, Ford Parts do not have a part number for the T, but at most you are looking at 18$ for a new hose, I'm sure you could get a T somewhere from a hardware store, but instead of wasting the gas and time to find one I would just order the whole hose from ford.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:36 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

If you are feeling particularly lazy Gorilla tape will do the trick.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:02 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
If you are feeling particularly lazy Gorilla tape will do the trick.
Lazy would be keeping a water bottle in the car and spraying it on the windshield at highway speed with your left hand to get it clean.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:42 PM
atomicpunk
1st Gear Member

If you have enough slack in the hose just cut the bad part out right before the T. Also you could have a rodent that got under the hood and chewed the hose and maybe other things.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:27 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
Lazy would be keeping a water bottle in the car and spraying it on the windshield at highway speed with your left hand to get it clean.
I have a bottle of glass cleaner I mixed that I spray like that, but only at stoplights.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:02 AM
Vladyfan

We wondered if we could just cut it off the cracked part and shorten it. It is right before the T. We wondered if we could do that. We did not examine the T closely to see if we could do that. Nice to know... do we need to buy a new T or can we just disconnect the other one easily?
Old 01-02-2012, 09:27 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vladyfan
We wondered if we could just cut it off the cracked part and shorten it. It is right before the T. We wondered if we could do that. We did not examine the T closely to see if we could do that. Nice to know... do we need to buy a new T or can we just disconnect the other one easily?
I would think you could just pull the old T off and take it to like a Napa or something (or Ford if they are open today) and get a generic replacement. The hoses should not be a special size or anything like that

Quick Reply: windshield washer fluid hose