Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's it worth? 07 Roush

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 09:40 PM
vettegc

Default What's it worth? 07 Roush

Someone wants to trade me for my truck. Any help would be appreciated. Here is the description:

This is a listing for a 427R Roush. I am the second owner. I have all of the original manufactures papers and owners manual (still in the plastic) from the day the car was sold off the lot. These are the papers that come in the window when you buy the car. The original asking price was $48,141.00 This car is one of seven original flat black on white with solid black leather interior. It has three signatures from Jack Roush himself. I also have several pics of him signing the car. The signatures are on the dash on the passenger side, The air intake tube, and the radiator cover. The seats are embroidered with Jack Roush's signatures. The car is all stock with the 4.6 roush charged engine (super charger), It pushes 427 hp and 391 torque. There are still tags in the glove box that are original. It comes with the $300.00 roush performance car cover! The car is flawless! It has 15,900 original miles. Clear title. Will not accept any trades that are older than 2009 or of lesser value than my car. The only trades I will consider are those that are diesel trucks 4X4. To look at the car for consideration you can view the several pics I am providing at the website listed. Or you are welcome to schedule a date to come see the car. I have spoken to several experts that agree that the car will be worth double (or more) in the coming years if it stays in it's original condition. I however don't have the room to keep all five of my vehicles so I am passing it along to someone else. The original owner won 7 large trophies in car shows around the United Sates. We asked him if we could have the trophies with the car so that the car could be shown with the trophies but he wouldn't let them go.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:24 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

SCAM... was this an unsolicited request for trade? Has there been discussion about an escrow? Will they pay for pickup and transport?

Remember this tidbit... If it sounds too good to be true, then you guessed it, it is.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:00 AM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

agreed. who the hell would trade a roush for "diesel trucks 4X4"
a roush sounds nice but i wouldnt go near this thing...
also he said nothing older then a 09, and your profile says yours is a 07, either they are hard to tell apart or hes stupid :P
Old 01-04-2012, 06:12 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Something about this don't sound right to me either. Lastly, anyone saying this cars value will double is crazy. That's pure speculation.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:04 AM
ademantia

Willing to trade for a gigantic truck, but doesn't have enough room to keep his vehicles...
Old 01-04-2012, 08:27 AM
05MineralGrayV6
3rd Gear Member

I agree with the others sounds to good to be true but there is no harm going to take a test drive. Maybe its possible that he cant afford a toy anymore and needs a reliable work truck or has a 16 year old needing a car. in any case at least go take a test drive, sounds like fun take it on a windy paved country road one with lots of curves and some good strait stretches. I hear there suspensions are unreal.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:30 AM
chain1
4th Gear Member

Yeah, I would stay away from anyone who thinks the value of ANY car is going to double in the "coming years" unless by "coming years" they mean 150+ years.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:22 AM
vettegc

KBB on the truck is $36,000 if it was stock. Truck has 8" Cognito lift kit, dual chrome shocks, electric steps, 37" tires, programmer, toolbox, bedliner, grille, etc.. basically at least $10,000 in extras. Truck is loaded, remote start, heated seats, power everything, adjustable pedals, can be auto or manual shift, on the fly 4x4, etc... I listed ther truck for $39,000. I just wasn't sure if the car was worth that much. I see some on ebay for around $30,000.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:37 AM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Yes. Is that the answer you wanted to hear? The listing says he doesn't have room for 5 vehicles so he/she is getting rid of one, yet they have room for a big 4x4? Seems pretty odd to me is all.

Don
Old 01-04-2012, 10:48 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

The ad sounds like a scam for starters... however...

If it is legit, the guy is an idiot for saying "experts say car will double value"

Regardless, it would be hard to compare value of that type of Mustang vs a truck. I am a Mustang guy and the mustang would be worth more to ME than the truck. But a truck guy may disagree with me

Quick Reply: What's it worth? 07 Roush