Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holster in the stang

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 06:17 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Default Holster in the stang

A while back I posted asking if anyone had a good solution for a holster to mount in the vehicle. There were some good suggestions, but every one of them seemed like they had one con or another that outweighed the benefits, so I either just carried in the cupholder (P250 fit perfectly in there actually) or in a CCW holster on the seat.

Until a friend told me about Gum Creek Customs. You can order their holster and it fits in pretty much any vehicle and any pistol. I ordered one for my Sig P250 and it works perfectly. I'm 6'2" and occasionally I can feel it touch my leg but it never hits it. Its usually when I transition to brake or back to gas. I ordered one, another guy ordered one for his Chevy Silverado, and then another friend ordered 2 (one for his Avalanche and then his Acura) You can get them in a lot of different sizes too. I don't work for them and I'm not getting anything out of telling ya'll about it other than the name of the company and how it works well for me. In one of the pics you see the strap going over the holster on the left and that's for a spare mag, so this rig is pretty awesome.

Sorry the pics arent better but black on black in a tinted interior isnt exactly the best environment for pics, but you'll get the picture.

Last edited by wcgman; 01-06-2012 at 06:31 AM. Reason: mag add
Old 01-06-2012, 10:58 AM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Is this permanently attached (like with rivets, etc.), or removable? I have a Springfield Armory XD and a Kimber 1911. I CCW the Kimber but love the capacity of the XD.

Don
Old 01-06-2012, 07:42 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Its a strap that mounts to the metal plates that run under the plastic near your knees. The end of each strap is a large flat hook dipped in plastic so it wont harm your interior. Basically, you attach the hooks (you can see it really good in the second picture), tighten the strap where you want it, then attach the holster to the strap. I just ordered one for my Sig 1911. I'll likely move the P250 to the explorer and the 1911 will then go in the mustang because I actually have more leg room in the car.

Last edited by wcgman; 01-06-2012 at 07:48 PM. Reason: more info
Old 01-06-2012, 07:47 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BigDinTexas
Is this permanently attached (like with rivets, etc.), or removable? I have a Springfield Armory XD and a Kimber 1911. I CCW the Kimber but love the capacity of the XD.

Don
Is your Kimber a subcompact or compact? I don't know CCW in Texas, but in Colorado your vehicle is considered legally the same as your house, so you can open carry or conceal in your vehicle and you can be fully loaded including one in the pipe (this includes the parking lot at your job). As for open carry on the street, completely legal as far as I know. CCW only places you cant carry is into your workplace if its against company policy and most government buildings. All other public places you can pack with a CCW from the grocery store to a Broncos game.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:15 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
Is your Kimber a subcompact or compact? I don't know CCW in Texas, but in Colorado your vehicle is considered legally the same as your house, so you can open carry or conceal in your vehicle and you can be fully loaded including one in the pipe (this includes the parking lot at your job). As for open carry on the street, completely legal as far as I know. CCW only places you cant carry is into your workplace if its against company policy and most government buildings. All other public places you can pack with a CCW from the grocery store to a Broncos game.
My Kimber is the Ultra Carry II w/night sights. All black and all bad. I love it. It's the officer's size frame (shorter grip and 3" barrel). I work at Fort Hood, so bringing to work is a BIG no no... LOL...

Old 01-06-2012, 09:23 PM
CAR-15
2nd Gear Member

Nice, I need one for a Glock 17 with a Surefire X200 light. Though I usually have it on me in a Raven Concealment holster

This forum needs a gun section. I am on AR15.com all of the time. It is one of the best overall gun forums on the web IMHO.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:57 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CAR-15
This forum needs a gun section. I am on AR15.com all of the time. It is one of the best overall gun forums on the web IMHO.
The idea of a gun section is cool... I frequent XDTALK.com. We tolerate all kinds there, and by all kinds I mean even Glock fans...

Don
Old 01-07-2012, 06:39 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

The idea of a gun section is cool... I frequent XDTALK.com. We tolerate all kinds there, and by all kinds I mean even Glock fans...

Don
lol...I keep a Glock in my desk at work. I dont have a pic of my model in the drawer but here's one of it from the manufacturer's website.

I KID I KID!

Last edited by wcgman; 01-07-2012 at 06:40 AM. Reason: yesyes
Old 01-07-2012, 06:45 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

My Kimber is the Ultra Carry II w/night sights. All black and all bad. I love it. It's the officer's size frame (shorter grip and 3" barrel). I work at Fort Hood, so bringing to work is a BIG no no... LOL...

Beautiful

Here's my toys. Not pictured is a .38 special from my grandfather in law who used to be a sheriff way back in the day. We don't fire it out of respect.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:29 AM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CAR-15
Nice, I need one for a Glock 17 with a Surefire X200 light. Though I usually have it on me in a Raven Concealment holster

Welcome to the forums, please see the Off Topic section.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/off-topic-10/

You may also be interested in the firearms thread:

https://mustangforums.com/forum/off-...ms-thread.html

Quick Reply: Holster in the stang