Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roush Front end swap...need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 10:26 PM
retfr8flyr
3rd Gear Member

The Roush bumper is made of very light material. That bumper is really beat up, I don't know if your body guy can fix it so that it will last. You will need some 1/4 inch rivets to put the parking lights back in the bumper and did you get the full wiring harness for the Roush fog lights?

Earl
Old 01-16-2012, 10:51 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

That's really rough. The under-car holes and stuff can be dealt with. But a crack, and those scrapes are not good. The body shop will have to do a lot of prep work to try to salvage that facia and make it look good.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:43 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

All the hardware is accounted for (actually never even opened, rivets and all as well as the fogs, never installed), the only thing missing was the close out panel that I ordered separately. I know its rough but worst case I was planning on purchasing this front end anyways so I could just order a new one. Hopefully this will work out. I know this is a beat up bumper but those pics are the worst of everything. Majority of the scraps/problems are on the bottom end of the bumper which will be covered by the Roush chin spoiler sooner than later. Any thoughts on the rocker panels? I'm not really concerned about that broken piece as there are two fasteners right beside that area that connect to the rear fender well area. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and we'll see what my body shop guy thinks.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:00 AM
09cs
5th Gear Member

Damn man that looks rough! I can't wait to see it on!
Old 01-17-2012, 12:01 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 09cs
Damn man that looks rough! I can't wait to see it on!
Let's hope we can get this bumper to that point! Worst case, I'm ordering a brand new bumper, lol
Old 01-17-2012, 12:33 AM
defiance
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
Let's hope we can get this bumper to that point! Worst case, I'm ordering a brand new bumper, lol
That skirt should be ok with only one tab missing. I hope everything works out, are you going ahead and letting them paint, or just do the repair?
Old 01-17-2012, 01:02 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by F0RD4LifE
That skirt should be ok with only one tab missing. I hope everything works out, are you going ahead and letting them paint, or just do the repair?
I'm going to see what his verdict is on how salvageable the bumper is. He used to run a ford collision repair division and now owns his own business. He definitively knows what hes doing. I may just order a new one, and slightly fix this one up for a unique "bar accessory" lol...hopefully I'll be able to use this bumper and avoid having to purchase a new one. The trade was worth it to me as long as the side skirts are ok, they are valued at $250 which is near the price of a take off bumper/skirt. I just wish I would have held onto that CDC spoiler...rat bastard, lol
Old 01-17-2012, 09:00 AM
Rainson
3rd Gear Member

That piece looks like it was taken out from a totalled car. I'm not saying it's not possible to fix that, but it may end up cost your more $$ than just get a new one. Good luck.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:50 AM
BLACK BETTY12
1st Gear Member

Hey, bodywork and paint will make it something that it aint!!!
Old 01-17-2012, 10:08 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Well, just got back from the body shop. He told me that he's seen much worse and he'll take care of it. It's just going to take a little longer than we planned but shouldn't cost me much more if any than originally planned. I love my body shop guy! I'll keep you guys updated.

Quick Reply: Roush Front end swap...need help