Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UPDATE: Got my first ticket in my stang

Old 01-26-2012, 06:18 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

It really sucks when you're the one stuck having to obey the law or pay. I'd sue.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:29 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

oh please. speed limits are archaic in a lot of places. I think we all enjoy our mustangs beyond speed limits at times.

I don't think he is complaining that it's unfair he got caught and has to pay - just venting about how much time he invested for so little return.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:30 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

Agreed, the speed limits needs to be raised....the quicker we all can get home and off the freeways, the better....unless the freaken hippie and his Prius sits in the fast lane!!! @#$%@#%@#%#%$@#
Old 01-26-2012, 06:43 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Speed when the time is right, when you need to release and when it buys you somethin. The cops are notorious where I'm currently living and speeding anything over the PSL for the 25 mile to and from work buys me maybe 2 minutes, what with the few lights not including the wall-to-wall cops. When I drive Florida to Chicago or some other long trip, that 5-10 MPH or more over the PSL can gain you a couple hours. But near home? Don't bother. I've done the math. Besides, the morons that blow by me without getting caught are pissed off as I roll past them in the opposite lane at each light they raced to.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:05 PM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ford_Dude
ya it would be a annoying but then if the cop fails to appear then you're scott free

I normally just pay it at the clerk and don't bother seeing the judge
But the cops can't be expected to appear at every court date prior to a trial for a speeding ticket, how are all those other speeding tickets going to be written if all the cops are in the courtroom. Those tickets don't write themselves.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:55 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mph07alloy
But the cops can't be expected to appear at every court date prior to a trial for a speeding ticket, how are all those other speeding tickets going to be written if all the cops are in the courtroom. Those tickets don't write themselves.
Yeah, for now. With red light cameras in use, can unattended radar guns be far behind?
Old 01-26-2012, 10:55 PM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

We got speed cameras around here already and I live out in the country. I supprised you dont have speed cams where your at
Old 01-26-2012, 11:50 PM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Well, at least you got it out of the way. Hope I don't run into any issues on the Autobahn, LOL
Old 01-27-2012, 04:40 AM
Joe Pooch
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirDrums
This is an update to the post about me speeding ticket:
https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...-my-stang.html

(Since I last posted about my ticket the speed limit was raised on that road to 70... 2 weeks after I was pulled over.)

Went to court today about my ticket to see if the court would cut me any slack and send to me to drivers school to save on my insurance.

To make a long story short, they reduced the fine by, get this, 15 dollars and said I did not qualify for drivers school.

When i asked why the DA told me that it is the judges policy that if you ever had a ticket before in your life that he will not allow drivers school.

I told them that the last ticket I had was when I was 19 (I am now 33) and I didn't even know drivers school existed then. They said that it doesn't matter what happened in the past, his policy is his policy..

grrrr....

so I took my 15 dollar break and went down to the clerks office where she took my money and when I looked at the reciept I saw they charged me a 7 dollar 'conveniece fee.

So I went to court, sat there for 3 hours just to save 8 dollars....

So I got in my 'stang drove to work in the rain and while in the part of the construction zone that is still 55. I had 3 18 wheelers blow by me at 70+ blinding me with the water coming off their trucks....

Talk about feeling like s*&^
Im station here in Va for still another week, and boy do i hate this state. I got a ticket for an illegal right on Red. The 50$ ticket wasn't so bad considering i clearly was wrong even the though the signage sucks. Its the 62$ processing fee i have to pay with it that makes me was punch people.

Also i feel like when you have to set up an operation of 3/4 cops pulling over every other car making the same mistake, you may wanna re-look your signs...
Old 01-27-2012, 09:41 AM
Rain
1st Gear Member

Ugh, that was a lot of effort for so little gain. But, at least you tried. Still a bummer.

I do feel that sports/muscle cars seem to get singled out more so than other vehicles. Is it fair? No. But it's the label we get just for owning such a car.

I had my Mustang for only 2 weeks before I got pulled over, IN traffic, IN town. I couldn't believe it, since I was clearly profiled. The cop didn't even tell me why he pulled me over. He just checked my record, saw it was clean, and let me go. It was still very annoying. If I get pulled over for a legit reason, then I have no problem with it, but stuff like that makes me want to file a complaint with the officer.

Sorry it didn't work out for you so well, bro.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: UPDATE: Got my first ticket in my stang