Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: 5.0 or 4.6
Buy an 05-09 GT and mod it
34.92%
Wait an buy the 5.0 this summer.
65.08%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

2011 5.0 or 05-09 GT

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 09:31 PM
Wil
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
Ok, so here's my question...do you have student loans that will need attention in the near future? If so, get the 05-09, mod it lightly and pay off the loans. If at that time you think that you'd rather have the "newer, faster" stang, trade it in and go about your business. The 05-09 GT has plenty of power for a DD and with minor bolt-ons is a good time. Make the better financial decision based on your situation and keep your "****" out of it. lol
Smart man!!! Sometime students forget once they graduate, you are in the hole, I pay almost $400 a month for my student loans and almost cried when I got my first bill.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:56 AM
DSargent09
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
The question is how long would you like THAT to last? Either way, do what makes you happy.
3 more years, until Im done with my masters.. Then me and my girl friend who also lives with me but works for NASA and goes to school as well will buy a house... Will be getting married as soon as school is done I refuse to marry her and live at home, but dont want to throw money away in an apartment right now.... I have already moved out and got my own place once before. The first year I worked I had my own place but decided I was just wasting money, so I moved back home.

It was exciting an 18 year old with his own very nice apartment, throwing partys all the time...but it wears off and I needed to get focused and have some discipline for the sake of school. GPA was a 2.6 the two semesters I was on my own.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:01 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onederful100
dollar for dollar a 3v will smoke a 5.0

I can make Fox Body for less than 15 grand that will walk all over a 2011 GT all day long.
All I said was that the 5.0 has more potential than the 3v.

I wasn't trying to turn it into a pissing contest, but the 5.0 responds VERY well to mods. And already has a 112 go advantage.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:25 PM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tightdogal
Easily the 5.0. More potential, better suspension, and a MUCH better interior than the crap that was in the 05-09 models. A tune and a few mods on a 5.0 will easily beat a 05 GT that's supercharged.
Great now my day is ruined, I had no idea I had crap.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:22 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

5.0 6 speed
Old 01-28-2012, 06:36 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DSargent09
3 more years, until Im done with my masters.. Then me and my girl friend who also lives with me but works for NASA and goes to school as well will buy a house... Will be getting married as soon as school is done I refuse to marry her and live at home, but dont want to throw money away in an apartment right now.... I have already moved out and got my own place once before. The first year I worked I had my own place but decided I was just wasting money, so I moved back home.

It was exciting an 18 year old with his own very nice apartment, throwing partys all the time...but it wears off and I needed to get focused and have some discipline for the sake of school. GPA was a 2.6 the two semesters I was on my own.
Good call, girls frown on that sort of thing.

Sounds like you'll be OK. I'm in a very similiar situation, working towards my masters but doing so while employed by a pharmaceutical drug company (micro lab), getting ready to marry my girlfriend (teacher) of 5 years and searching for a place. You'd be surprised at how quickly those bills will add up, especially when you throw in student loans. Still might want to get the 05-09 to allow for quicker turnaround on your student loans and trade that bad boy in in three years but that's just me being a "tightwad" lol...I'm sure you'll be happy with either option.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:52 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

Yeah if you have the financial means, do it. Either way, I don't think you could go wrong with any GT made after 2005. But the 2011 is THAT good.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:06 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Yeah if you have the financial means, do it. Either way, I don't think you could go wrong with any GT made after 2005. But the 2011 is THAT good.
I would contemplate giving my left nut for a 2013, lol...they are amazing
Old 01-28-2012, 07:19 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

Yeah sometimes I regret not waiting a year, but I'm really not feeling the new front end of the 13's. I just wanted a manu-matic automatic! Grrr! Even though I'd never use it!
Old 01-28-2012, 07:29 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Yeah sometimes I regret not waiting a year, but I'm really not feeling the new front end of the 13's. I just wanted a manu-matic automatic! Grrr! Even though I'd never use it!
True, but you would be able to say "you could if you wanted to" lol

Quick Reply: 2011 5.0 or 05-09 GT