Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Code Alarm Remote Starter

Old 01-28-2012, 09:59 AM
ironh19
3rd Gear Member

Default Code Alarm Remote Starter

I was wondering if any body has installed a code alarm starter from audiovox in their mustang, I discovered that my car has one after I bought it, but the remote start doesn't seem to work, I was wondering if anyone had the installation instructions, or if they know where the module is located so I can check the wiring and the fuses. or how something like this hooked up. The audiovox support site is not being much help, they just told me to take it to an authorized dealer. Screw that.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:42 PM
ironh19
3rd Gear Member

ok I have some what of an update for this, and maybe you guys might have an idea what to do. I called audiovox support, they said the issue is the bypass isn't working, I assume its the by pass for the ford security system that allows to remote start the vehicle without the transponder nearby. now my beef is they gave my a local dealer that could fix it, but the phone number they gave me is disconnected and not in use.. it appears their customer service is just as useless as their product, now I want to ask Any body with a remote start knows how to bypass the security system.. every kit should have come with instructions for that.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:15 PM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

I hope that your car is an automatic, not a manual...
Old 01-31-2012, 03:34 PM
ironh19
3rd Gear Member

yes its an auto
Old 02-01-2012, 09:37 AM
McDirty
1st Gear Member

If it is just the bypass the remote start should still attempt to start the car. Lights may still flash, climate control may still turn on and you might hear some clicking under the dash, it just shouldn't engage the starter. One possible way to tell if it's the bypass is to put the key in the ignition without turning the car on then trying the remote start. if it starts it's the bypass.

The remote start module could be mounted anywhere. Easiest way to find it is to locate some aftermarket wiring jumped into the factory ignition wiring harness and following it back to a small black box maybe 5x3x1 with a bunch of other wires coming out of the sides.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:21 AM
ironh19
3rd Gear Member

I actually tried to do that, I put the key in and hit the remote start button, all the dash lights came on, but it didn't start the car.. didn't even try.. so I started the car the normal way and something weird happened, my low oil pressure light came on, the car ran like **** for a few seconds, then the pump I guess finally caught up. I couldn't turn the dash lights off so I pulled the key out and the damn thing kept running! so I hit the remote start button on the fob and the car shut off, I was able to start it normally without issue and drive to work.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:26 PM
McDirty
1st Gear Member

Remote starts usually make three attempts to start the car. If you started the car before it's last attempt the remote start will become active which is why it would stay running when the key is taken out.

If you try the remote start with the key in the off position and it starts it is most likely the bypass. If the key has to be in and on the on position for the remote start to work it may be the ignition wire for the remote start is not hooked up right. I can't remember right now if the car has two ignition wires to hook up. It could be two starter wires or maybe two of both.

Antitheft bypasses are usually installed within three feet of the key cylinder.probably a small box maybe 1x1x.5 with two small harnesses plugged into it. It is wired to the remote start module and the ignition switch wires likely inside the steering column cover. You can try having it reprogrammed before replacing it.

If you can find the model number on the remote start module the installation instructions should be on the audiovox website. There is usually a shutdown diagnostic that gives a reason why the remote start last shut down or wouldn't start. The remote start led light and valet switch would have to be plugged in and accessible to do this.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:46 PM
ironh19
3rd Gear Member

I tore all in to the car today and I cannot find jack, I got a light green wire coming down the driver sideband it goes under the carpet to under the drivers seat and disappears, and similar( if not the same) light green wire runs from the center dash all the way under the carpet to the passenger seat and it appears to plug into a harness under the seat that connects to a thick black wire that apparently controls the seat. but no box anywhere in the kick panels or under the dash, but I do see a mess of wires that don't appear to be factory tapping in to certain areas.. I have been looking for a damn box so I can get the model number. but I am done for the day, I installed my hood struts and detailed the thing, clay barred the whole body.