Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do y'all think?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Razorback Belle

Originally Posted by 2007bluestang
Pics of it by camaro or its not yours
This forum needs a facepalm icon.

Originally Posted by kput
Just pick up a ZL1 and you'll be beatin everyone on the road :P

I think I'd rather have a supercharged 1LE. Pure track car, a bit less fuss than the ZL-1. We'll see if they produce the concept, since there's no Z-28 as yet (or until 2015 I figure).
Old 02-06-2012, 12:00 PM
Dreamtheory
4th Gear Member

Love it!! Nice color choice too!
Old 02-06-2012, 12:29 PM
oldlugs
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bowtie Belle
Since my Camaro is just SO slow (haters gonna hate)

Maybe you'll like the GT500KR better?

SUCH a fun car to drive....Besides wheels-- these show soooo much brake dust and they're a little on the small side and tough to keep clean, even though I like the stamping... any other mod suggestions? I'll pass them along to the management
A beauty, for sure. Got to love those red KRs!

As for mods... The wheels are something I don't want to change, unless just to tuck those away for safe keeping. Wheels I like are the look of, are the CCW SP500.

If you're wanting more power, (I would) go with a TVS blower, as I think it'll still fit under the factory strut brace.

Only mods so far on my KR, are a set of WebElectric sequentials, and a Spohn adjustable panhard bar; my rear was looking about 1/4"-3/8" off; now perfectly centered.
The KR is really such a nice package as it comes, there's not that much I'd want to change, unless I were going to track the car...But then, I'd just start with a different GT500. Only so many KRs around, you know.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:50 PM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

If you are thinking about spending that much for a ZL1, the 2013 GT500 has 650 HP and looks awesome...

Last edited by jdmcbride; 02-06-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:19 PM
Bears GT
1st Gear Member

Nice Car, i would only change the color but that not even a major change .
Old 02-06-2012, 02:14 PM
oldlugs
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jdmcbride
If you are thinking about spending that much for a ZL1, the 2013 GT500 has 650 HP and looks awesome...
While the 2013 will be an awesome performer, I still would not trade a clean KR for one! There's just something I like better about the '07-'09 body, and especially one with the factory Shelby KR package. Go get the 2013 for bragging rights or track performance, but I'll keep my KR. No doubt, the 2013 will be a good seller, and people may/will be unloading them too, when the 2015+ comes along.
If you have the coin, you can always pick up a 2013 (or newer) later on. Arguably, the KR is and was the best of the factory '07-'09 GT500s. It's also historically important, because they may be the very LAST of the "pre-title", Shelby Mustangs, done while Carrol was still here to see the project through..

OP: If you really did pick up the red KR, you owe it to yourself to visit the KR section of the Teal Shelby Forums.

2008-2009 GT500KR
Old 02-06-2012, 02:43 PM
Razorback Belle

Originally Posted by oldlugs
While the 2013 will be an awesome performer, I still would not trade a clean KR for one! There's just something I like better about the '07-'09 body, and especially one with the factory Shelby KR package. Go get the 2013 for bragging rights or track performance, but I'll keep my KR. No doubt, the 2013 will be a good seller, and people may/will be unloading them too, when the 2015+ comes along.
If you have the coin, you can always pick up a 2013 (or newer) later on. Arguably, the KR is and was the best of the factory '07-'09 GT500s. It's also historically important, because they may be the very LAST of the "pre-title", Shelby Mustangs, done while Carrol was still here to see the project through..

OP: If you really did pick up the red KR, you owe it to yourself to visit the KR section of the Teal Shelby Forums.

2008-2009 GT500KR
I'm constantly playing catch-up with the blue oval because I admittedly don't know a lot about them. Thank you for the link!

and I certainly don't NEED any more power...

I should reiterate again that while the ZL-1 Camaro is a beast of a car, if I'm getting another Camaro it'll be a Z-28 or a 1LE For now I'm extremely content with my stable-- and not looking forward to the speeding tickets I'll incur in the next year. Best save money for that before any (small) modding
Old 02-06-2012, 03:19 PM
oldlugs
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bowtie Belle
I'm constantly playing catch-up with the blue oval because I admittedly don't know a lot about them. Thank you for the link!
...and I certainly don't NEED any more power... ...
Now that you have the KR, you should consider yourself quite lucky... They really are a special car, and worthy of being well kept, not abused. In case you weren't aware, the KR was actually "completed" at Shelby, before being sold new by Ford dealerships. They are as real a Shelby Mustang as the very first '65 GT350 Mustangs were. Probably doesn't matter to most folks, but I think that in the long run, it may.
BTW, they don't need more power, but could always use more traction...
Old 02-06-2012, 06:49 PM
mk70ss
2nd Gear Member

Sweet ride. A definate step up from a Bowtie.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:42 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Suh-WEET! Nice, REAL nice...

Ummm, could you fix that icon? It looks like a dog pooped on the driveway...