Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shelby GT500 Super Snake (detail pics)

Old 02-13-2012, 12:07 AM
rons1961

Originally Posted by CutterWolf
My car is also showing at the show along with some of my club members. If your wondering how much the SS cost I can tell you. The owner spent $100,000 on that car and I have no idea how much he spent on the display he made for it but I would say he has a lot invested in it.
I believe cost to be as irrelevant as one can afford for it to be, but your estimate is not correct, although I appreciate the effort. There was a detail board at our display, I believe, that included all of the performance and handling mods that were completed by Shelby in Las Vegas, in addition to the standard 750hp Super Snake package. All of the drivetrain, exhaust, engine internals and header work was also described in some detail. Let me know if you need any additional information. You have an incredible car, by the way.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:20 AM
rons1961

Originally Posted by pdonket
GT any day. The super snake doesn't put power to the ground anywhere near as well as the GT. With the snake you get a cloud of smoke, with the GT you have a rocket ship.

My 2011GT500SS included many Shelby American modifications AFTER the standard Super Snake package, one of which is referred to as the Shelby Hole Shot package. This package addresses items starting with engine internals, headers, re-tune, drive shaft and safety loop, additional 6 piston calipers on the rear and lower control arm improvements. Basically, according to my good friend Mr. Patterson, with a set of sticky tires at drag conditions, one can actually shear a rear end completely out from under a Super Snake if these improvements are not made....so, if you want to drive fast and really feel the low end torque, power to the ground does produce some level of smoke, but sure makes 2nd and thereafter an utter blast, especially when dumping the clutch causes the rear end to drift left, ever so slightly, even when taking 5th! Thus, it has been referred to as a beast by everyone that has the opportunity to drive it.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:38 AM
rons1961

Originally Posted by rons1961
My 2011GT500SS included many Shelby American modifications AFTER the standard Super Snake package, one of which is referred to as the Shelby Hole Shot package. This package addresses items starting with engine internals, headers, re-tune, drive shaft and safety loop, additional 6 piston calipers on the rear and lower control arm improvements. Basically, according to my good friend Mr. Patterson, with a set of sticky tires at drag conditions, one can actually shear a rear end completely out from under a Super Snake if these improvements are not made....so, if you want to drive fast and really feel the low end torque, power to the ground does produce some level of smoke, but sure makes 2nd and thereafter an utter blast, especially when dumping the clutch causes the rear end to drift left, ever so slightly, even when taking 5th! Thus, it has been referred to as a beast by everyone that has the opportunity to drive it.
To further the Ford GT Question, I now have a GoPro Setup that I want to shoot between our two cars as we launch, just for fun, but also to be able to compare some level of the technical characteristics, not just 'win or lose'. I will put some pics of my friends GT when I can figure out how to in this forum...
Old 02-13-2012, 02:06 AM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

Is that hydrocarbon or real carbon fiber in the steering wheel?
Old 02-13-2012, 06:34 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Very nice stang! Would love to see one on the road
Old 02-13-2012, 06:43 AM
rons1961

Originally Posted by Mr.Bape
Is that hydrocarbon or real carbon fiber in the steering wheel?
Hydro interior components, TruCarbon exterior.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:07 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jas5
Straight up super car...

Would you rather have a Ford GT or this beast? I know, apples and oranges, but still
Ford GT without any question whatsoever. The original GT40 IMO has been and will likely always the pinnacle of Ford design. It's simply a work of art. The GT is definitely a very apt successor which I would happily take. I sat in one once and it fit me like a glove.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:59 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by albino_coyote
Was this you?

I'm in birmingham, would be cool to learn more about your mustang club and who you guys use as far as mechanics/speed shops go.
Yes that would be a shot of my rear wheel. Shoot me a PM bro and I'll fill you in.

Last edited by CutterWolf; 02-13-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:06 PM
rons1961

Default Ford GT

Originally Posted by albino_coyote
You are very cordial for the compliments, and I thank you. However I must say I am a complete amateur at photography, the camera is a sony alpha nex-5 and this was my first time shooting a car show.

Being around the car hobby since hot wheels and santa claus, I've grown to appreciate cars as art in motion. I got the camera to help me try to bring the car hobby out in a different way for me. I really enjoyed taking a look at the details of your super snake. I was particularly impressed with the carbon fiber fascia and side skirts, along with the air management behind the rear wheels.

Thanks for bringing this car down to Birmingham....and definitely post pictures of your car and your neighbors when you can, I am sure I speak for everyone when I say it would be a pleasure to see.
Pics of GT as requested...

Old 02-13-2012, 04:07 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rons1961
I believe cost to be as irrelevant as one can afford for it to be, but your estimate is not correct, although I appreciate the effort. There was a detail board at our display, I believe, that included all of the performance and handling mods that were completed by Shelby in Las Vegas, in addition to the standard 750hp Super Snake package. All of the drivetrain, exhaust, engine internals and header work was also described in some detail. Let me know if you need any additional information. You have an incredible car, by the way.
Thank you Sir as do you. When we spoke to your brother at the show he told us that you had about 100K in it and that's where I got that number from. It was one of my fellow club members who asked the question to him. I was just enjoying looking at your car and display. Great job on the custom carpet by the way I had not see that done before. Your brother did a great job of setting it up and displaying it for you and the show set you up in a great location too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Shelby GT500 Super Snake (detail pics)