Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 02-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #1
V8 VOL
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Ford Mustang GT
Default O/R X-Pipe with Pype Bombs

Anyone out there actually gone with an O/R X-pipe with Pype Bombs and stuck with it?

I am probably going to give it a try this weekend and doesnt seem like it will take long to change it back if I dont like it. Currently I am using the splice in x and have the legs sitting in my garage just staring at me.

Also, am I looking at a performance gain from these or are we talking just a noise change?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 02-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #2
redfire05gt
2nd Gear Member

Heres a video I found awhile back. Sounds really mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ylcfIwxuB0

And yeah I would imagine you'd be looking at a small performance gain since it would flow a bit better.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:36 PM   #3
V8 VOL
2nd Gear Member

I have seen a few videos on youtube, but generally its followed by "I changed to this other muffler".

I am just curious if I am wasting my time and its going to be absolutely god awful or if its a taste thing. There are plenty folks that dont like the pype bombs as is, but I love them.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:35 PM   #4
blackmamba10
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 VOL View Post
I have seen a few videos on youtube, but generally its followed by "I changed to this other muffler".
Ive had SLPs on my car for almost a year now. Theyre okay. But Im going to be doing work later and probably adding in resonators.
blackmamba10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:45 PM   #5
V8 VOL
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmamba10 View Post
Ive had SLPs on my car for almost a year now. Theyre okay. But Im going to be doing work later and probably adding in resonators.
SLPs with an O/R X? I wouldnt dream of changing my pype bombs out for anything else. If anything I would put my cats back on if it was too loud.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:41 PM   #6
blackmamba10
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ford Mustang GT

^ no O/R X, just the axle backs. Yea its nice and loud, just not the sound im looking for.
blackmamba10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:55 PM   #7
HxCGuitars
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang GT

I love my pype bombs, but I know if I got headers it would be way too loud. I've debated about an o/r h for the time being and some extra volume...but not sure...

If and when I do get headers I'm going with the SSS Adrenalines, hoping for a Borla Stinger kind of sound, without the price. Good old college

2008 Mustang GT Black/Black - 5 Speed
JLT Series 3 CAI, Bama tunes, MGW Shifter, Pypes Long Tubes, Pypes o/r H, SSS Adrenaline Series Mufflers, Sequentials, 35% Tints, lots more to come.

94 Ranger Ext Cab 4.0 auto 4x4 - Stock for now / Winter and school commuting car.
HxCGuitars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:49 PM   #8
CAR-15
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Ford Mustang GT

I have the O/R X with Pype Bombs and can't stand it. Too loud, too much vibration etc. Cops notice me everywhere and I can't even take off from a stoplight without everyone thinking I am trying to race them.

I am keeping the O/R X pipe and putting stock GT/CS mufflers on it. Hopefully it will sound good. I will probably sell my Pype Bombs after that.
CAR-15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:32 PM   #9
V8 VOL
2nd Gear Member

I am probably going to atleast give it a shot and if it does sound like crap I will put my cats back on. Trial and error seems to be the best route when it comes to exhaust.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:00 PM   #10
Thor
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang GT

I hated my Pype Bombs, I definitely wouldn't do it if I was you.
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:00 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2012, bomb, bombs, bomp, borla, gt, gt500, mustang, offroad, or, orx, pipe, pype, pypes, stingers, xpipe