Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MyFord Touch Update

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 05:52 PM
ADollinger

Default MyFord Touch Update

So I have been reading about the MyFord Touch update for the 2013s and it looks like a great update. Having nav on my 2012 I am really looking forward to the update. While I like the current system, the update addresses a lot of the issues I have.

Does anyone have any idea when Ford will start sending out the update? They say they will mail it on a flash drive and it will take 45 minutes to an hour to install.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:26 PM
12blackGT

Originally Posted by ADollinger
So I have been reading about the MyFord Touch update for the 2013s and it looks like a great update. Having nav on my 2012 I am really looking forward to the update. While I like the current system, the update addresses a lot of the issues I have.

Does anyone have any idea when Ford will start sending out the update? They say they will mail it on a flash drive and it will take 45 minutes to an hour to install.
I'm confused? Are you saying you're getting a 2013 car? I was under the impression that the 2012 and older cars do not have compatable hardware for MyFord Touch. Please define who "They" are?
Old 02-13-2012, 06:33 PM
ADollinger

Originally Posted by 12blackGT
I'm confused? Are you saying you're getting a 2013 car? I was under the impression that the 2012 and older cars do not have compatable hardware for MyFord Touch. Please define who "They" are?
Sorry. I confused MyFord Touch with the nav/Sync system. Disappointing.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:32 AM
12blackGT

Originally Posted by ADollinger
Sorry. I confused MyFord Touch with the nav/Sync system. Disappointing.
Maybe you shouldn't be? MyFord Touch has been universally panned by the press and most long term users. It's kind of like BMW's iDrive. Everybody hates it!
Old 02-14-2012, 07:43 AM
GTjoe49
2nd Gear Member

I Have a 2010 with Nav/Sync and am looking forward to the new update. The update is mostly visual. It changes the now three pane look (Nav, Media & heat/cool) with a four pane (nav, media, heat/cool & phone). The latest issue of Ford owners magazine has a link to a video. They keep saying soon....
Old 02-14-2012, 01:12 PM
12blackGT

Originally Posted by GTjoe49
I Have a 2010 with Nav/Sync and am looking forward to the new update. The update is mostly visual. It changes the now three pane look (Nav, Media & heat/cool) with a four pane (nav, media, heat/cool & phone). The latest issue of Ford owners magazine has a link to a video. They keep saying soon....
I don't get that magazine, but would like to see the video. Can you post the link here please?
Old 02-15-2012, 08:04 AM
GTjoe49
2nd Gear Member

This link has the same video:

http://translogic.aolautos.com/2011/...by-mail-video/
Old 02-15-2012, 08:18 AM
12blackGT

Originally Posted by GTjoe49
Thanks, but I think you're looking forward to something that you'll never get. Mustang is not a MyFordTouch base. The upgrade is for as the lady in the video put it "existing MyFordTouch customers. I believe the hardware for the SYNC/NAVI in the Mustng is different than the hardware for vehicles that already have MyFordTouch. And I don't mean the SYNC/NAVI without the large touch screen. I mean Mustang's SYNC/NAVI with the large 8" touch screen has different hardware than the vehicles with MyFordTouch. The two GUI's are not compatable.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:18 PM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to clarify that the update you're referring to is the MyFord Touch Performance Upgrade. This is intended to correct known issues within the software as well as add some enhancements.

I don't have specific release dates available, but our engineering team is always working on updates for the other systems too. As I obtain more info I'll post to let everyone know.

As far as MFT coming to the Mustang goes, I can't speculate right now, but future possibilities are endless.

If you have any additional questions, give me a shout.

Jaclyn
Old 02-15-2012, 11:06 PM
hawkeye18
3rd Gear Member

"Ford is delivering on their promise to keep your tech up-to-date as long as you own the car."

Yeah, sure. I'd be the 2011 GT owners would definitely agree with this statement.

NOT.

Quick Reply: MyFord Touch Update