Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scosche dash kit and double din installed

Old 01-28-2012, 05:06 PM
Wil
2nd Gear Member

Default Scosche dash kit and double din installed

Finally got back the car from the audio installer, going back in a few weeks for have him install new rear speakers and an alarm...he told me I would be crazy not to invest in one which I agree.

I love the my new new Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT, the touch screen display for the Scosche kit is responsive but I notice a little color change around the area you touch, kind of like when you press down on your monitor. The buttons turn white when your headlights are on. It reusues the factory upper display but it stays on DVD mode, only displays the temp and the campus.

I'll post a video of it tomorrow, it got dark as I was taking the pictures.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:14 PM
TommyB681
2nd Gear Member

looks good. any wishes that second screen wasnt so low? or is it not that big a deal when you are using it?
Old 01-28-2012, 05:48 PM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TommyB681
looks good. any wishes that second screen wasnt so low? or is it not that big a deal when you are using it?
That's why I went with the Metra kit, especially since mine is an auto. It looks really good. I'm not trying to bash on you but I just can't stand how it reuses the OEM top display. It seems kinda worthless and it just takes up space since the only thing it shows now is the compass, which your head unit should now have, and the temperature. Aside from that, it looks great!
Old 01-28-2012, 06:05 PM
bones302
2nd Gear Member

just installed the same exact setup myself today. literally just finished. took 5 hours with me taking my time and taking breaks here and there.

strange because my screen doesn't say DVD, it says: Mustang GT.
I installed the avic z120bt, but I'm doing the software upgrade to the z130 tomorrow.

screen is not that low. doesn't get in the way of me using it. if the metra kit didn't have that cheesy 80's LCD screen, I would have gotten it, but the scosche kit is nice.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Wil
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bones302
just installed the same exact setup myself today. literally just finished. took 5 hours with me taking my time and taking breaks here and there.

strange because my screen doesn't say DVD, it says: Mustang GT.
I installed the avic z120bt, but I'm doing the software upgrade to the z130 tomorrow.

screen is not that low. doesn't get in the way of me using it. if the metra kit didn't have that cheesy 80's LCD screen, I would have gotten it, but the scosche kit is nice.
I didn't install it myself so I don't know why mine says DVD but now that you said yours says Mustang GT, I REALLY want to change it. Did you do something special when installing it? I'm taking my car back into the installer when I get the steering wheel harness and speakers for the rear.

Have you figured out how to get the seat warmer to work? I only had about 30 minutes to play with it but will definitely play with it tomorrow.

I completely agree with your comments about the Metra one, I was torn between both but I feel like button look cheap.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:38 PM
Phillystyle

I just ordered that kit today. Can you tell me the part # of the harness adapter and antenna adapter you used?
Old 01-29-2012, 06:47 AM
McDirty
1st Gear Member

Looks good. Was sync retained? I like that scosche and metra make it easy to replace the factory setup. I think both kits look good.

Factory nav is way overpriced and factory audio almost never sounds as good as or gives as many options as aftermarket audio. I feel bad for people that won't change their head units because "it doesn't look factory".
Old 01-29-2012, 09:08 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

I went to the Sosche sight and the only one for our cars is this one.
Just like others above me, I prefer the double din screen to be higher up.

http://www.scosche.com/car-audio/veh...&model=MUSTANG

I tried to find the Metra one but all I found was info on Chicago's train schedule (they call their public rail Metra, LOL).

Can someone post a link to the Metra mounting kit?
Old 01-29-2012, 09:38 AM
Phillystyle

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...99-5823CH.html
Old 01-29-2012, 09:41 AM
Phillystyle

here ya go
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...99-5823CH.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Scosche dash kit and double din installed