Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car show last minute tips/tricks

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 12:17 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05MineralGrayV6
spray painting your wheel wells right before the show will give it an extra clean look
^WHAT?
Old 02-17-2012, 12:29 AM
05MineralGrayV6
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
^WHAT?
what you have never painted yours? Its not something I would recomend on a weekly basis but he did say its his daily driver it gets dirty and worn looking down there make sure to mask it off and ideally you would want to take your wheels of before doing this but it can be done without it by turning the wheel and taking your time.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:41 AM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
Not knocking you or anything but damn dude... You post pictures of your car in what seems like every thread....
Hahaha! True. This made me LOL!
Old 02-17-2012, 05:41 AM
Wil
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Antonio323
LOL... Me too, I didn't want to be the one that said it but it's been said. What an a$$..j/k

OP, good luck bro, you have a sweet looking car, you'll do great! Don't forget your rags, it's simple but you'll be surprised.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:02 AM
rocket237
2nd Gear Member

Fukken wax, miracle in a can. I use it on a brilliant crystal black pearl painted ram! Works real good! It is used on the mirrors,glass,all painted surfaces,chrome. rubber, basically the whole car! The only damage you can do is if you used the can itself to rub it in!
Old 02-17-2012, 08:08 AM
rocket237
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
Windex (ammonia free) is the best thing EVER for the engine bay, believe it or not! and just don't stop cleaning. Get everything you can think of and then try to think of something else. Use Tire shine as I think that sets you apart from the rest and go over chrome twice (second time with a dry wipe) because it tends to streak after cleaning when it dries. Bring a lint roller or double stick tape for any debri that accumulates during the drive after vacuuming. I'll let you know if I can think of anything else. BRING a TON of microfiber clothes and paper towels!!!!
Tire shine works real good on black plastic,vinyl covers, but wash it good after the show, cuz it will streak down the sides of the car later in a few days, looking fugly.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:58 AM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Thanks guys! I bough 20 more buck worth of supplies. A mess load of Q-tips for the hard to reach spots, 15 more microfiber towels, three lint rollers, glass wipes made by turtle wax, and glass clothes just in case the I have the same luck with the glass wipes like I have every other glass cleaner.

I also will not be spray painting my wheel liner haha. I've head that tire wet products sprayed in the wheel well work well, I think I'll give that a try.

I also noticed while I was cleaning the plastic in the rear seats that the head liner is pretty dirty above the rear seats. Probably from riding with the windows rolled down all the time... Gonna take some upholstery cleaner to it and see what happens.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:21 AM
Rocket254
2nd Gear Member

+1 On the tire wet. DO NOT spray it on directly. Instead spray into a foam applicator and wipe the tires down. This will give it an even look instead of the drippy mess that you get when you spray it. Also, try to apply either the night before or once you are parked at the show. If you try to drive within a few hours of applying it, you get a mess down the side of the car.

I think one of the best things you could do would be a once over with a Cali-duster to remove any fine dust. After that, wipe the whole car down with Meg's Ultimate Quick Detailer (black bottle). This after a wax job will make your paint look

Good luck dude...
Old 02-17-2012, 01:21 PM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadStang40
I've head that tire wet products sprayed in the wheel well work well, I think I'll give that a try.
Give the Armor All Foam tire shine a try in the fenders, it works great bro...and good-luck with the clean, I mean car show! I love to attend them, but have found that they cut into my beer drinking schedule a little too much to participate

Originally Posted by Antonio323
You be nice Eddie!!!! It was worth a good chuckle though
Old 02-17-2012, 02:00 PM
rocket237
2nd Gear Member

good luck at the show........................

Quick Reply: Car show last minute tips/tricks