Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynotech Driveshaft-Why they are the best.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:12 AM
BRENSPEED
Former Sponsor

Default Dynotech Driveshaft-Why they are the best.

DYNOTECH Driveshafts-
Are you running a CAI and Tune, and not sure what the next mod should be on your 2005-2012 mustang? Have all the bolt-on parts and want to get more out of your parts? Have a power adder, headers, but on the stock block? Here is a short description on why a Dynotech aluminum driveshaft is a great next mod for your3vGT, GT500, 5.0 and the best on the market.
The Aluminum one piece driveshaft is a great way to improve driveshaft strength and reduce rotating weight. This driveshaft is rated to 900 HP and currently being used on 1000rwhp Mustangs. By elimination rotating mass you are going to improve horsepower, torque, and reduce drag racing elapsed times. Dynotech has 80 years of balancing experience and currently builds driveshafts for IHRA, NHRA, NASCAR and Nationwide racing series vehicles. You will find less expensive driveshafts available, but no other company comes close to utilizing the experience Dynotech displays in manufacturing its driveshaft. This driveshaft is a direct bolt in design unlike some of the less expensive shafts. Simply un-bolt your factory driveshaft and bolt in this driveshaft!

The five most critical elements of your driveshaft.

1. How tightly do they hold universal joint clearances?
Dynotech holds u-joint clearance to less than 0.002".

2. How tightly do they hold shaft runout?
Dynotech holds shaft runout to less than 0.010".

3. How tightly do they hold their balance specifications?
Dynotech balances all driveshafts to less than 0.20 oz-in

4. When you provide your builder with a shaft length, how closely will they match it?
Dynotech builds all shafts to within 1/16" (.0625"), guaranteed to fit!

5. What speeds do they balance their shafts at?
Dynotech has the capability to balance most shafts at up to 8,000 RPM

Remember all of us here at Brenspeed have run these on our own personal daily driven street/track cars so we know how these fit/perform first hand! Please call in and ask us any questions you may have on this product or any other items you see on Brenspeed.com. Also make sure to check out all of our latest news and videos released every week on some awesome product information!
Old 02-20-2012, 09:17 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Any chance you have an install doc with pics?
Old 02-20-2012, 09:45 AM
BRENSPEED
Former Sponsor

Unfortuantely we no not have any videos or installation pics for the driveshaft. The driveshaft does come with instructions as well as torque specs, but unfortunately no pictures. The installation is pretty straight forward. Unbolt the old driveshaft on both ends and the carriar bearing from the center. The new driveshaft comes with an adapter plate that bolts to the pinion flange and then the new driveshaft bolts to the transmission with 4 bolts and the rear bolts to the adapter flange with 4 bolts. Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions. We can be reached at 574.594.9559.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:53 AM
Sand4u
1st Gear Member

Any idea of what the weight savings over the stock driveshaft is? And/or how much RWHP that would be relative to?

Sure looks great!
Old 02-20-2012, 10:04 AM
BRENSPEED
Former Sponsor

This driveshaft weighs around 19lbs and the stock is around 28-29lbs. 10lbs rotating mass is equivalent to 100lbs of normal stationary weight, so a pretty big weight savings here.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:05 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Curious as to why it uses a Pinion flange adapter plate instead of a direct bolt-in replacmenet like some of the competitors? That adapter is the one that is most likely to cause problems in a DS swap.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:13 PM
BRENSPEED
Former Sponsor

The pinion flange adapter plate is used so that you dont have to replace the entire pinion flange which can in turn mess with your gear settings which can also lead to some vibration. It also allows for a standard 4 bolt yoke/ujoint hookup in the rear.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:54 PM
Chromeshadow
3rd Gear Member

I believe the factory DS is a two piece, does the one piece mess up the u-joint angles? Does it void any of the factory warranties on the Diff or the Trans?
Old 02-21-2012, 03:06 PM
yourmyboybh1026
3rd Gear Member

wcgman, I was worried about the install too since I'm pretty new to modding my car, but it was very simple. I think there was only 4 steps or something. I will say I'm very happy with this drive shaft.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:31 PM
BRENSPEED
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Chromeshadow
I believe the factory DS is a two piece, does the one piece mess up the u-joint angles? Does it void any of the factory warranties on the Diff or the Trans?

This should not void any of your powertrain warranty and your pinion angle will not be off unless you have a lowered car, lower than 1". In that case i would recommend an adjustable upper control arm to correct your pinion angle.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dynotech Driveshaft-Why they are the best.