Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front license plate in texas?

Old 02-24-2012, 06:10 AM
JRC702
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ricardo
I run no front plate.
Instead I ordered a bracket from Americanmuscle and never opened the package and threw it in the back seat.

I've been pulled over twice and let go because I show them the package and tell them that I just got the bracket in and am mounting it the first chance I get.
Lol. Great idea.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:21 AM
Sand4u
1st Gear Member

I run no front plate.
Instead I ordered a bracket from Americanmuscle and never opened the package and threw it in the back seat.

I've been pulled over twice and let go because I show them the package and tell them that I just got the bracket in and am mounting it the first chance I get.
Now that's thinking!
Old 02-24-2012, 10:31 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

I run no front plate.

OMG that's EXACTLY what I'm doing!!!! After installing the Roush front I didnt want to have to drill into the bottom of it for this bracket so I decided to leave the bracket in the car and just tell them that I haven't gotten the time to install the bracket just yet but will when I get the chance! Great minds think alike my man!
Old 02-24-2012, 01:21 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

Pressing your luck on that though. Its a $100 fine and a non moving violation "failure to display" if they decide to give you a ticket anyway. Been there done that 3 or 4 times and decided my scheme wasnt working anymore.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:23 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

I haven't ran a front plate for over 5 years on my stang, I have only been pulled over once, and they didn't give a crap about not having a front plate, they just used that as a reason, no ticket, no warning, and no problems thus far. And I live in Houston.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:46 PM
highline
4th Gear Member

no plate, f that...genius on the bracket in the back seat...well done!
Old 02-24-2012, 02:12 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

I need to move to Texas..lol Ohio spends more money than any other state trying to catch motorists doing illegal things. THey also catch more people than any other state. The only reason we are required to even have the damn front plate is so that the cops have a flat, refelctive metallic surface to bounce their laser guns off of.

On the other hand, I also believe, without any proof, that the cost of making and maintaing all of those front plates exceeds the profit we give them from speeding. So, as usual, my tax dollars are being pissed away on something stupid that no one even wants anyway.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:52 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

I run no front plate.

Hopefully you don't run into the same cop that pulled you over.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:18 PM
darksky1984
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
So you're running Alaska plates in TX then?
Yes. Military don't have to change their plates when we move. But I did have to get my car safety inspection sticker here in Texas.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:11 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by xkape
I need to move to Texas..lol Ohio spends more money than any other state trying to catch motorists doing illegal things. THey also catch more people than any other state. The only reason we are required to even have the damn front plate is so that the cops have a flat, refelctive metallic surface to bounce their laser guns off of.

On the other hand, I also believe, without any proof, that the cost of making and maintaing all of those front plates exceeds the profit we give them from speeding. So, as usual, my tax dollars are being pissed away on something stupid that no one even wants anyway.
They are actually in the process of getting rid of Front mounted plates for that EXACT reason in Ohio.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Front license plate in texas?