Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 GTCS, possibly too much car for me to handle...

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 09:34 AM
MoshpitMad
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mayo
How bout no
And if the stang is too much for you to handle, I guess you can have your maid do the driving

Just what every KID needs now a days, a 30K + sports car...geez!

Couldn't have said it better. Kid that can't park a truck, gets Mustang GT instead.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:45 AM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Seems kind of sensitive to the age question... odd. Back to the main topic, congrats on the new car! Hope you saved enough to put a decent down payment on it so you're payments aren't 600/month. I certainly won't be buying a house before I buy my next ride. However, I'll be saving up until I can pay off the car IN FULL and have enough for the first insurance payment. Because honestly, if you're paying an arm and a leg for payments, and have to pay the <25 yr old male insurance payments, how the heck are you going to be able to afford some sweet go-fast mods?

My advice to you: Take it easy on the accelerator. Get used to the car before you start spinning tires. 400+crank hp is way too much for most young kids, which is why you'll hardly ever see a very nice car in the hands of a teenager that hasn't been in an accident/wrapped around a pole. And practice how to park your new car. A Raptor might be tough to park because of it's size, but a Mustang is a lot lower and the blind spots aren't exactly minimal.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:18 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MajorVegasV2
Check the garage now. I realized that i didn't exactly save the pictures instead i loaded them and didn't save.
https://mustangforums.com/forum/gara...orVegasV2.html

Also, i was told by the dealer that the CS comes with different shocks that are a little more stiff.

And those wondering my age I'm old enough to drive but not old enough to start a family. You get to guess.
Nope. The CS is an appearance package. For the 2011-2012 mustangs, the only "track" or handling option is the Brembo package. Brembo package stangs are manual transmission only, and are easy to identify by the large front brakes and the different wheels.

For 2013, however, Ford is offering a lot more performance options.

The 2012 CS is a GT Premium with different interior, different front and rear facia, and nice wheels. The tire size, tire type (all-seasons), and suspension is the same as a "regular" premium GT.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:29 AM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Ignore the jealous age haters and enjoy the ride. Learn to park the raptor so you dont have to tell the embarrasing story of why you got a mustang on a date.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:28 PM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
Ignore the jealous age haters....
There are "haters" and then there are "staters" my man!
I'm just statin that it's kinda silly for a kid that can't park a car yet to have a 400+HP rocketship and have to ask us "if he can handle it?"
Hopefully got better stuff to read than the lifestyles of the rich and famous bro...nothing but love for you though, still one of my fav rides
Old 02-25-2012, 02:25 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

I havnt read the 3 pages of this thread yet lol, but dont worry about it being too much power. I'm 18 and just got mine in november after having a blown 2010 as my first car.

Just dont be stupid and respect the power. This car scared me quite a few times and its bone stock. Just be careful and dont be stupid
Old 02-25-2012, 03:32 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

Take your time learning the car, how it handles, how to handle situations when you 'request' too much power and you start to lose control. Be especially careful on wet streets and in loose sand on roads when making turns and taking curves. A "lead foot" can be dangerous.

The driving safety course is a great suggestion, as you'll learn things you wont learn in a basic drivers education class.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:34 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Congrats on getting a great car. Take is easy too. We all say this because statistics don't lie.

Where is Nevade?
Old 02-25-2012, 04:01 PM
JP's_05_FLA_Roush
1st Gear Member

Nice car man. Where I bought my roush they had a 2011 cs with hardly any miles on it. It was nice. Congrats man.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:27 PM
Woodro

That's awesome and congratulations!!! be very careful though the car can be a handful if u handle it too rough, wen I first got my car I thought I was trying to kill me but then I realized it wasn't the car it was my drivin just take it easy and don't try anything new unless you've made sure u have enough space to make sure you, anyone around or your car doesn't get hurt and pay a Lil more attention and take it easy in the rain

Quick Reply: 2012 GTCS, possibly too much car for me to handle...