Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 02-25-2012, 10:34 AM   #21
MoshpitMad
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo View Post
How bout no
And if the stang is too much for you to handle, I guess you can have your maid do the driving

Just what every KID needs now a days, a 30K + sports car...geez!

Couldn't have said it better. Kid that can't park a truck, gets Mustang GT instead.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
MoshpitMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:45 AM   #22
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 4.0
Wade Angel MadStang40

Seems kind of sensitive to the age question... odd. Back to the main topic, congrats on the new car! Hope you saved enough to put a decent down payment on it so you're payments aren't 600/month. I certainly won't be buying a house before I buy my next ride. However, I'll be saving up until I can pay off the car IN FULL and have enough for the first insurance payment. Because honestly, if you're paying an arm and a leg for payments, and have to pay the <25 yr old male insurance payments, how the heck are you going to be able to afford some sweet go-fast mods?

My advice to you: Take it easy on the accelerator. Get used to the car before you start spinning tires. 400+crank hp is way too much for most young kids, which is why you'll hardly ever see a very nice car in the hands of a teenager that hasn't been in an accident/wrapped around a pole. And practice how to park your new car. A Raptor might be tough to park because of it's size, but a Mustang is a lot lower and the blind spots aren't exactly minimal.

2007 5spd Vista Blue 4.0L

93R tune/ Steeda CAI/ true dual conversion w/ Flowmasters/ Pypes shorties/
Tokico HP series dampers/ Eibach pro springs/ 18x9 and 18x10 AM GT500 wheels/
255/40/18 and 275/40/18 Nitto NT555s

My compilation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FClEtojW-9I
Walk around and rev: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyrqvJN2T3Y
MadStang40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #23
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 GT Brembo Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorVegasV2 View Post
Check the garage now. I realized that i didn't exactly save the pictures instead i loaded them and didn't save.
http://mustangforums.com/forum/garag...orVegasV2.html

Also, i was told by the dealer that the CS comes with different shocks that are a little more stiff.

And those wondering my age I'm old enough to drive but not old enough to start a family. You get to guess.
Nope. The CS is an appearance package. For the 2011-2012 mustangs, the only "track" or handling option is the Brembo package. Brembo package stangs are manual transmission only, and are easy to identify by the large front brakes and the different wheels.

For 2013, however, Ford is offering a lot more performance options.

The 2012 CS is a GT Premium with different interior, different front and rear facia, and nice wheels. The tire size, tire type (all-seasons), and suspension is the same as a "regular" premium GT.
MrSandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:29 AM   #24
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Boss 302

Ignore the jealous age haters and enjoy the ride. Learn to park the raptor so you dont have to tell the embarrasing story of why you got a mustang on a date.
siggyfreud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:28 PM   #25
mayo
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 08 GT Premium
mayo68

Quote:
Originally Posted by siggyfreud View Post
Ignore the jealous age haters....
There are "haters" and then there are "staters" my man!
I'm just statin that it's kinda silly for a kid that can't park a car yet to have a 400+HP rocketship and have to ask us "if he can handle it?"
Hopefully got better stuff to read than the lifestyles of the rich and famous bro...nothing but love for you though, still one of my fav rides
Old 02-25-2012, 03:25 PM   #26
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 mustang gt

I havnt read the 3 pages of this thread yet lol, but dont worry about it being too much power. I'm 18 and just got mine in november after having a blown 2010 as my first car.

Just dont be stupid and respect the power. This car scared me quite a few times and its bone stock. Just be careful and dont be stupid

2012 Race Red GT/CS - Auto, Comfort package, AED 93 Tune, Steeda CAI, Pypes LT Headers, O/R X Pipe, Borla S Type's, Cervini Cobra R Hood, Roush Side Splitters, Boss 302 Splitter, 6000k Retro Soultion HID's, FRPP K Springs, BMR Panhard Bar, BMR Lca's, BMR Relo's, TSW Nurburgrings, Nitto NT555's, 5% Tint All Around, 35% Windshield Tint

2012 Ford Fusion SEL v6 --- DD, Loaded, 5% Tint
grabber blue gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:32 PM   #27
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Turbo V6; 2005 V6->V8 swap beast

Take your time learning the car, how it handles, how to handle situations when you 'request' too much power and you start to lose control. Be especially careful on wet streets and in loose sand on roads when making turns and taking curves. A "lead foot" can be dangerous.

The driving safety course is a great suggestion, as you'll learn things you wont learn in a basic drivers education class.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:34 PM   #28
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

Congrats on getting a great car. Take is easy too. We all say this because statistics don't lie.

Where is Nevade?

06 Satin Silver GT - Auto...ROUSH M90 CAI, Afco Dual Fan HE, 4.10s,Truetrac, Detroit Rockers, Moroso, DSS DS, TCI Rachet Shifter, PA Deep Pan, Eibach Handling, FR P Springs, Strange Shocks/Struts, J&M UCA/LCA, SS Lines/ EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors w/Reds, Mickey Thompson SC5, Nitto 255/305, 2011 leather, Pypes LT's/H-Pipe, MBRP Resonators, Borla

2014 Pro Street 12.90 Class...Season Points Runner Up
808muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:01 PM   #29
JP's_05_FLA_Roush
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Roush
Jplex06

Nice car man. Where I bought my roush they had a 2011 cs with hardly any miles on it. It was nice. Congrats man.

Current mods so far:
Bully dog triple dog gt programmer, straight pipes with magnaflow glasspacks,tinted front turn signals, tinted rear bumper lens, 15% tint all the way around, 3k yellow HID fogs, 8k HID low beams, LEDs everywhere, chase sequentials, 20 inch Rennen Blue Label RS2's,More to come......
JP's_05_FLA_Roush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:27 PM   #30
Woodro

Vehicle: 2008 FORD MUSTANG GT

That's awesome and congratulations!!! be very careful though the car can be a handful if u handle it too rough, wen I first got my car I thought I was trying to kill me but then I realized it wasn't the car it was my drivin just take it easy and don't try anything new unless you've made sure u have enough space to make sure you, anyone around or your car doesn't get hurt and pay a Lil more attention and take it easy in the rain
Woodro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:27 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2012, 2012 mustang gt, 402a, california special, carbon, convertible, cost, cs, dash, gt, gtcs, mustang, package, performance, sale, white