Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two Forms of ART

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 08:07 AM
chain1
4th Gear Member

Just curious, what was the reason for the 10.5 up front? It looks like the tire is being stretched to fit it.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:17 AM
gmoran1469
3rd Gear Member

Looks good, I just hope it didn't make it handle worse. So long as what you did added some amount of performance and didn't take away any, nice job. I am a fan of function over form most of the time though.

That's a crazy amount of rubber to put on the road though, 10.5 all the way around... I run 9.5 all the way around and if my car were dropped any lower it would be tough, I know that.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:17 AM
essayons
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by essayons
Is stanceworks new to the mustang community?

OP, you could probably go at least +1 on the wheels, maybe +2 with some more aggressive camber
I retract this statement... you're on 18's... OP you could easily go +3 on the wheels, +4 with some more aggressive camber
Old 02-29-2012, 03:04 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AzPete
Seems the front tires tip in at the top...not for me. It is really lowered beyond comfortable driving but as long as the owner is happy....all is well. Of course, for me, lower just means further to climb to get the old body out of the car.
I feel the same way. Looks like the first time you run over a rock the tires would rub. Other than that, pictures were amazing!
Old 02-29-2012, 05:09 PM
pandastang
1st Gear Member

by any chance is your gti the "pumpkin"?
if so, im Chris's cuz in az and I've seen this beast from pics he has shown me...
car is bad *** I just got my suspension in this week and that guys gonna help me install next weekend
Old 02-29-2012, 05:51 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Very clean car.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:03 AM
JV Doose
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Woodro
Oooooooo! That cars has got to have the best stance ever, u have great taste, but I couldn't do that around here my car wouldn't make it, the roads are terrible here, but I would like coil overs I could stand a .5 drop lol
thanks .. oh come on .. just drive carefully man .. i think i have mentioned this ... if you run less aggressive offsets this height is easily drivable! i could probably even go lower.

Is stanceworks new to the mustang community?
I retract this statement... you're on 18's... OP you could easily go +3 on the wheels, +4 with some more aggressive camber
my goal never was or is to be "hella Flush" "stanced" Stanceworks" what ever anyone calls it. not that im against that because to be honest my car kinda does fall in that category. i just wanted to run and do something i hadnt seen (at least i hadnt seen in the mustang community) all i wanted was to run wheels that i liked ... and unfortunately the offsets i got was what was offered so this is how it sits. i made it work and hey i got a deal on them so im happy =] ...

... so that being said im not looking to stretch and poke like crazy ... so i think this would be the most aggressive i would go.

Originally Posted by chain1
Just curious, what was the reason for the 10.5 up front? It looks like the tire is being stretched to fit it.
like i mentioned i wanted the wheels to look a certain way... i could have easily gone 9.5s up front but the concave on the wheels would have not looked the same. i guess i took the challenge of making it fit and setting my self apart from what everyone does around here.
a 255/45 on a 10.5 is stretching the tire but not alot

Originally Posted by gmoran1469
Looks good, I just hope it didn't make it handle worse. So long as what you did added some amount of performance and didn't take away any, nice job. I am a fan of function over form most of the time though.

That's a crazy amount of rubber to put on the road though, 10.5 all the way around... I run 9.5 all the way around and if my car were dropped any lower it would be tough, I know that.
i know my set up isnt optimal for handling .. but the handling isnt bad at all .. the tires dont make it worse either... i wouldnt go track my car or hit the canyons at this ride height tho.
i hear ya ... on the function over form .. but here in LA we dont have many tracks nearby .. its not like i have ever taken my mustang to the track too. so i dont see any reason to have my car "track ready" because im not going to be driving my car like if i were at the track on the streets and having the car the way i have it now is fine for me .. it handles nice and i can still get out it when i need too.

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
I feel the same way. Looks like the first time you run over a rock the tires would rub. Other than that, pictures were amazing!
it doesnt .. thanks !

Originally Posted by pandastang
by any chance is your gti the "pumpkin"?
if so, im Chris's cuz in az and I've seen this beast from pics he has shown me...
car is bad *** I just got my suspension in this week and that guys gonna help me install next weekend
yea thats also my car ... what chris man .. i know so many lol

what suspension did you get?
Old 03-01-2012, 11:08 AM
pandastang
1st Gear Member

I think u guys call him "campos" if i remember correctly. He should be throwing in the tranny in these next weeks. We were just in LA picking it up/vaca. He gave me so much crap that I went with a mustang and got rid of my audi lol but I love the pony. As far as suspension goes I went with some koni shocks/struts and tein lowering springs with some better mounts. Chris is gonna help me install next sunday I think. Next up are wheels, just trying to decide on which ones to go with. Your wheels look really good! def and inspiration.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:16 PM
JV Doose
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by pandastang
I think u guys call him "campos" if i remember correctly. He should be throwing in the tranny in these next weeks. We were just in LA picking it up/vaca. He gave me so much crap that I went with a mustang and got rid of my audi lol but I love the pony. As far as suspension goes I went with some koni shocks/struts and tein lowering springs with some better mounts. Chris is gonna help me install next sunday I think. Next up are wheels, just trying to decide on which ones to go with. Your wheels look really good! def and inspiration.
oh camps! haha we call him campos just because there were already too many chris' in the group lol.

what audi did you have and what mustang did you get ... yea he told me he was gunna be down here unfortunately i was in NC that weekend.
that dope tho get ur susp on cuz these car ride so high at stock height! post some pics when u guys get it done
Old 03-01-2012, 11:58 PM
stang06lv
2nd Gear Member

Looks nice, just avoid the pot holes and speed bumps lol.