Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UCA/LCA questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 02:35 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Yea, other than shows I plan on hitting the drag strip ever now and then. Might be doing a little autocross as well. I just figured I'd take care of most of my suspension upgrades when I'm lowering it to avoid any problems (we'll see). I am planning on doing a write-up on all the installs so I'll keep you posted. Can't wait to see what kind of '60 time I can pull with these.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:44 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

If you have lowered suspension the you may wish to look into relocation brackets, as for adjustable lower arms not even required on the street at all don't waste time or money. Fixed lowers, adjustable upper and reloc brackets if you're lowered. May I recommend CHE
Old 03-05-2012, 07:06 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SpartaPerformance
If you have lowered suspension the you may wish to look into relocation brackets, as for adjustable lower arms not even required on the street at all don't waste time or money. Fixed lowers, adjustable upper and reloc brackets if you're lowered. May I recommend CHE
I ordered exactly that to compliment Steeda Sports with Koni Yellows. Went with BMR. Heard great things about CHE too though.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:02 AM
HxCGuitars
3rd Gear Member

Do you have experience with CHE's anti-squat brackets? I like the look and construction of them, I'm just wondering if they'd be ok to put on a lowered car since there's only one hole for the arms. I like that, and if it would have it angled slightly downward if I was on k springs, that's what I want to get.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:55 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

I have plenty of experience with them, one hole is all you really need for a street car. The CHE units a very stout and true, plenty of people out there running them into single digits.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:06 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

The OP will be happy with the BMR/Steeda parts he ordered from Brenspeed.

That said, many of the quickest S197 drag cars do not run the relo brackets and most of the fastest open track S197s do not run them.

Obviously, they are not necessary. Personally, I don't install unnecessary parts in critical areas on my car. That said, many people are happy with the relo brackets.

This is just my two cents.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:11 PM
HxCGuitars
3rd Gear Member

I have plenty of experience with them, one hole is all you really need for a street car. The CHE units a very stout and true, plenty of people out there running them into single digits.
I don't doubt how stout they are, I'm just curious if the one hole is low enough for a lowered car. I know the whole point is to angle the LCA down, and if the car's lowered I don't want it to be pointing up due to the lowering springs. I actually prefer that it has one hole; that, their rep, and how thick they are is why I'm looking at them.

So is it low enough for a lowered car?
Old 03-06-2012, 06:57 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
Just placed an order with Brenspeed (literally ten minutes ago, lol). Ordered BMR billet LCA's (w/relocation bracket), BMR adjustable UCA (w/UCA mount), BMR adjustable PHB and Steeda HD mounts....can't wait to couple that with my Koni Yellows (also ordered this weekend from Sam) and Steeda Sport springs!!!

Had to put the Cams/Headers on hold for now...hopefully will be able to do them early next year. (I've actually become VERY interested in the Vortech V3 HO kit recently so we will see what I do).
+1,

About time you came around Mr. Whipple!!! Speaking of strut mounts I will probably order some this week as well!