Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UCA/LCA questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 09:52 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Default UCA/LCA questions

Looking to upgrade my suspension in the very near future (hopefully placing order tomorrow) and was looking into the adjustable BMR UCA/LCA and noticed that there was a relocation bracket. I don't really know if or why it's necessary so I did a search on S197 only to come up with a description of people having it installed but no reason as to why. I'm sure it's as simple as re-configuring the geometry of the vehicle but am curious if anyone could further explain the need in order to justify purchasing them. Currently I'm getting ready to install Steeda Sport springs, Steeda HD strut mounts and Koni Yellows. Along with the BMR UCA/LCA I was looking into a BMR adjustable PHB too (just to give you a heads up of what my suspension is looking to be if that may help). Also, do I need to purchase the UCA bracket separate from the relocation bracket or does the relocation bracket cover both bases? Thanks for any help guys.

Here's the brackets I'm looking into:

Relocation Bracket

UCA Bracket
Old 03-04-2012, 10:10 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

This is the best explanation so far...just wondering which bracket I should go with:

"The relocation brackets are used to adjust ( instant center ). If you were to draw lines along the UCA and LCA's forward, they will intersect somewhere under the floor pan. This point is called instant center. You can adjust this point depending on track conditions for better traction. If you had a car that could pull the wheels off the ground, this would allow you to adj so they don't come to high off the ground. As you accelerate the rear pushes on the LCA's, as already said you don't want the LCA angling down at the body mount. It helps with weight transfer. If you look at the UCA mount you will see that there are two styles for sale. They have one with holes up and down( drag ), and they make another with holes front and back. (road racing)" -gil_t2 from S197forum
Old 03-04-2012, 10:28 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Nevermind...didn't fully understand the rear suspension set-up until I did a little more research.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:09 AM
Warpig12354
3rd Gear Member

What headlights are those?
Old 03-05-2012, 07:27 AM
HxCGuitars
3rd Gear Member

Not sure if you've figured it out yourself, but scroll to the bottom here for the relocation brackets, or read the whole thing. It's a good read.

http://www.cherod.com/mustang/HowTo/LCA%20_adj.htm
Old 03-05-2012, 09:50 AM
SON OF 68
2nd Gear Member

Good read for sure. I've always said, the best thing to know with your vehicle is not "How" it works, but "Why" it works.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:54 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by HxCGuitars
Not sure if you've figured it out yourself, but scroll to the bottom here for the relocation brackets, or read the whole thing. It's a good read.

http://www.cherod.com/mustang/HowTo/LCA%20_adj.htm
Very good read. I'm not too worried about road noise, just viration and clunking so this helped out a lot. Not too mention that angle description is spot on!

Originally Posted by Warpig12354
What headlights are those?
Stock headlights, Xpel Dark smoke protection kit.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:29 AM
Rainson
3rd Gear Member

Great read from that. I learn sth today..

Sooo.....what are you gonna do with your car Baker...
Old 03-05-2012, 11:36 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rainson
Great read from that. I learn sth today..

Sooo.....what are you gonna do with your car Baker...
Just placed an order with Brenspeed (literally ten minutes ago, lol). Ordered BMR billet LCA's (w/relocation bracket), BMR adjustable UCA (w/UCA mount), BMR adjustable PHB and Steeda HD mounts....can't wait to couple that with my Koni Yellows (also ordered this weekend from Sam) and Steeda Sport springs!!!

Had to put the Cams/Headers on hold for now...hopefully will be able to do them early next year. (I've actually become VERY interested in the Vortech V3 HO kit recently so we will see what I do).

Last edited by bakerjd; 03-05-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:00 PM
Rainson
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
Just placed an order with Brenspeed (literally ten minutes ago, lol). Ordered BMR billet LCA's (w/relocation bracket), BMR adjustable UCA (w/UCA mount), BMR adjustable PHB and Steeda HD mounts....can't wait to couple that with my Koni Yellows (also ordered this weekend from Sam) and Steeda Sport springs!!!

Had to put the Cams/Headers on hold for now...hopefully will be able to do them early next year. (I've actually become VERY interested in the Vortech V3 HO kit recently so we will see what I do).
then I assume that you are going to drag race your car huh...great..
I had my car lowered a lil bit, I think I need a new LCA and UCA too...thinking the steeda ones..I'll see how yours work and figure out what's next..lol...

Ya, if you had your TB done then the Vortech will be worth it.. I'm looking at the new Roush package..Last time when I was there, I saw that the Roush chager with the Carbon Fider tube looks soooooo good to me...I have to save up some more for that beast..i used to like the turbo sound from the Procharger one, but it's too loud to me when I saw that in person..

Quick Reply: UCA/LCA questions