Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

catch can's

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 04:04 PM
Project 5.GO!
2nd Gear Member

Ok, what voodoo is this?! I ordered my UPR catch can yesterday at 2:15 PM, and I just found it outside my door an hour ago. Some perfect storm of productivity must have happened last night. UPR had the UPS truck driver held at gunpoint, waiting for my shipment, whereupon he took it to a Star Trek teleporter and beamed it to my front door. I actually didn't know what the package was, because I was expecting it to show up next week. LOL

If this thing works as well as it looks, it will be the holy grail of aftermarket glory. I'm impressed. I'll repost after I get it in the car and put some miles in and see some crud.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:08 PM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Project 5.GO!
Ok, what voodoo is this?! I ordered my UPR catch can yesterday at 2:15 PM, and I just found it outside my door an hour ago. Some perfect storm of productivity must have happened last night. UPR had the UPS truck driver held at gunpoint, waiting for my shipment, whereupon he took it to a Star Trek teleporter and beamed it to my front door. I actually didn't know what the package was, because I was expecting it to show up next week. LOL

If this thing works as well as it looks, it will be the holy grail of aftermarket glory. I'm impressed. I'll repost after I get it in the car and put some miles in and see some crud.
That's scary, but nice! :-) Did you pay extra for overnight shipping by accident?
Old 03-14-2012, 08:23 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SoCalGT08
I was told the oil vapor into the intake also effectively lowers the octane rating of your fuel.....??
I've heard that too. Thought it was nutty. But honestly, I picked up an average of .2 to .3 MPG with the catch can. Seriously. I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it with my own eyes. Must be the cleaner intake air?

Originally Posted by Project 5.GO!

Bwahahaha!!!!

We've got UPS on lock. They know better than to mess with us!!

No, seriously, you're in Florida, we're in Florida... that's one day with regular ground shipping. I'm glad you got it quickly. Please let us know if you have any questions installing it. It's a pretty straightforward deal. It took me about 30-minutes on mine and I was taking my time.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:55 AM
Project 5.GO!
2nd Gear Member

Just got to find a creative place to put it, as I'm installing it on a '89 GT. There's plenty of space, but nothing conveniently horizontal to bolt it to. I'll have a closer look at it tomorrow, and see what I can find. If nothing else, I'll shave a piece of rubber into a wedge and stick it on the shock tower.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:57 AM
Wayno

2 reasons to use oil/water seperator (what it really is) known to some as "catch can":

1. One day I noticed in the can a bunch of milky brown substance. Not the usual dark oil. It turned out I had a leak in the Intake gasket in the back of the intake near a coolant passage. Coolant was Leaking in. Luckily the can caught most of it. If I did not have the can who knows what would have happend.

2. I cannot remember the last time I had to clean the IAC motor. Before the seperator I would need to clean the motor every once in a while.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:57 PM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

Here's our's on a 2010+ GT500 (BTW, our engineer tells me that a bracket for this is just adding unnecessary weight, our's is not going to go anywhere):

Last edited by SteedaBrandon; 03-16-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:18 AM
Old Mustanger
3rd Gear Member

The UPR catch can looks good except for the plastic fittings. For the price they are charging for it, I would have thought that they would supply something more durable.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:22 AM
Old Mustanger
3rd Gear Member

Instead of braided lines, why not use Hi-Miller hose? It is also a nice shade of blue, pretty close to the unit itself. Add the blue fan belt the next time you change it and you will have a nice, consistent accent color going.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:16 PM
NJ3
3rd Gear Member

Here's my Moroso.

Last edited by NJ3; 03-16-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:07 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by NJ3
Here's my Moroso.

Did you paint your alternator or is that aftermarket? It looks really good.

Quick Reply: catch can's