Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Food Chain: Where are we?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 08:12 PM
JP's_05_FLA_Roush
1st Gear Member

Now if a liter bike has a good size stretch on the swing arm it can launch like a rocket.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:16 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by JP's_05_FLA_Roush
Now if a liter bike has a good size stretch on the swing arm it can launch like a rocket.
Yeah but then you can't corner for schit.
It's a trade off.
I rather be in the Carolinas and throwing the bike in the turns and... not even going faster than 50/60mph, lol.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:34 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

I've created a monster thread...lol

I was talking about from a standstill. I understand the other basics.. like sitting at a light for an extra second and some car next to me decides he wants to race and his engine is giving it everything it can.. i wasnt prepared for that.. so you're right, track is where its at.. I was just more or less asking a general question of, all things being equal and stock, who wins? And by stock for me, I mean Roush Stage 3 putting 415 down (not at the wheel).. and whatever piece of crap car that was tonight, i caught it and passed it before I hit the speed limit of 45. looked like an old honda hatchback... i have issues with Honda drivers..

Edit: Certain Honda drivers.. and we all know who Im talking about. Spoilers that look like decks, sounds like a weed eater.. on and on
Old 03-14-2012, 08:37 PM
06gtdamon
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by xkape
I've created a monster thread...lol

I was talking about from a standstill. I understand the other basics.. like sitting at a light for an extra second and some car next to me decides he wants to race and his engine is giving it everything it can.. i wasnt prepared for that.. so you're right, track is where its at.. I was just more or less asking a general question of, all things being equal and stock, who wins? And by stock for me, I mean Roush Stage 3 putting 415 down (not at the wheel).. and whatever piece of crap car that was tonight, i caught it and passed it before I hit the speed limit of 45. looked like an old honda hatchback... i have issues with Honda drivers..
In most small towns, 415hp is plenty enough to smoke most cars around. Thats a ton for my town.
Just depends what people do to their cars. My last car was a black 03 convertible. made 457rwhp and 502tq. Caught a ton of people by surprise! haha
Old 03-14-2012, 08:58 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

Well Ive done everything I am doing to the car except a VMP500 Kit.. which, really is just a CAI, smaller pulleys and a custom tune.. Company I know in Milford, OH is going to buy it and install it and give me 2 dynos (before and after) as I pay for it... like K-Mart and layaway! lol

The goal for me is 500HP (again, not at the wheel).. because, quite frankly, I am afreaid of how well the un modded insternals will hold up much past that.

typing has never been a strong point of mine.. neither has reading over what I say and correcting mistakes.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:04 PM
chain1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by piledriver
Where do you live? I am retired, the only thing I do 4-5 days per week is train at the Gym for two hours. My time is mine. I live the easy life... I think it's time for a nap.
Haha. What the hell does that have to do with anything?
For the record, I had a ham sandwich for lunch today.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:36 PM
Janorton05
1st Gear Member

I skipped lunch... I always liked this quote that I got from focusfanatics.com "Speed is just a matter of money, how fast do you want to go?" Any car can be a beast. I've seen time slips of a Ford Focus running under 12 seconds. Obviously not street legal but just depends on what the driver is willing to put into his car.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:45 PM
JP's_05_FLA_Roush
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
Yeah but then you can't corner for schit.
It's a trade off.
I rather be in the Carolinas and throwing the bike in the turns and... not even going faster than 50/60mph, lol.
Oh you are definitely correct on that and I agree with you. I stretched one of my gixxer 1000's and I will never do that again. It was good for quarter mile but it handled like a school bus. Needless to say that was the only time that I stretched one and I will never stretch another one.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:51 AM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

Forgive going off-topic

So much talk about bikes etc, decided to the world's fastest street driven viper. Standing mile speed 240 mph. Has about 1200hp on pump gas. Lots of pics and vids.

http://www.americanracingtech.com/ballista.php

Last edited by forensicsteve; 03-15-2012 at 08:56 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:57 PM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Janorton05
I skipped lunch... I always liked this quote that I got from focusfanatics.com "Speed is just a matter of money, how fast do you want to go?" Any car can be a beast. I've seen time slips of a Ford Focus running under 12 seconds. Obviously not street legal but just depends on what the driver is willing to put into his car.
It's one I use a lot. I got it from the movie Mad Max, you know, Mel Gibson's claim to fame. And one of the reasons Aussie falcons are on the radar over here.

Quick Reply: Food Chain: Where are we?