Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shame on Ford !

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 05:18 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

I'm confused here...

If there was a problem with fuel tank linings in F series and E series trucks for a production period over 10 years, would this have come up in major publications already?

Hell, my dad has driven the schit out of his 2006 F-150 and there's been some breakdowns due to putting hard extended miles, but not one issue with the fuel system. In fact, my family has owned 7 Fords in the past 20 years, none with a supposed fuel tank liner issue. And honestly, would the liner on an F-150 be different than an Explorer, Expedition, Mustang, etc, if all can run on 87-93 octane? Seems to me like that would be an unnecessary increase in engineering costs. Until legitimate and systematic tests are done, then they can't prove a damn thing.

You know, I once heard that Dick Cheney and Barack Obama were intimate lovers. I know it's true because I read it somewhere once. And I know it's trustworthy because it came from a big website. "The Onion" is what it was called, I think?

I smell something fishy here. Unless they can factually prove that there is a problem, it's all smoke.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:39 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadStang40
I'm confused here...

If there was a problem with fuel tank linings in F series and E series trucks for a production period over 10 years, would this have come up in major publications already?

Hell, my dad has driven the schit out of his 2006 F-150 and there's been some breakdowns due to putting hard extended miles, but not one issue with the fuel system. In fact, my family has owned 7 Fords in the past 20 years, none with a supposed fuel tank liner issue. And honestly, would the liner on an F-150 be different than an Explorer, Expedition, Mustang, etc, if all can run on 87-93 octane? Seems to me like that would be an unnecessary increase in engineering costs. Until legitimate and systematic tests are done, then they can't prove a damn thing.

You know, I once heard that Dick Cheney and Barack Obama were intimate lovers. I know it's true because I read it somewhere once. And I know it's trustworthy because it came from a big website. "The Onion" is what it was called, I think?

I smell something fishy here. Unless they can factually prove that there is a problem, it's all smoke.
LOL @ referencing "The Onion"....nice!
Old 03-19-2012, 07:22 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

F150's arent flawless by any means. The ones I owned, every on had rust behind the doors on the bottom and would just rot completely out, the paint oxidized, leaky rear main seals, rear end would go out in them. But that was after like 200,000 miles.

Everyone of us has ridden in other manufacturers pickups. F150 is simply a better pickup. I don't buy into this story and when you're on the top of the heap, your competition wants to knock you off. Seriously Chevy pickups ride like a tank and are gutless, Dodge breaks down all the time and looks like crap, Toyota...OMG how can people ride and drive in those? They are seriously the worst riding pickups on the planet. I havent ridden in Nissan pickups but the pathfinder rides poorly too.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:56 PM
07vbluestang
2nd Gear Member

wcgman. .. .. . google 2011 f150 shudder!!! sure this is a conspiracy we all got together all over the U.S. and Canada and wanted to fool everyone!!! we are all chevy truck owners!! get real!! ford changed there leaf springs design for the 1st time in 20 years!! there is even a tsb on replacing the rear springs but it not fixing the shudder.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:00 PM
jrockgts197
2nd Gear Member

Seems to be some axle wrap going on with the new screw long bed f-1fiddys. They'll get it figured out. Actually every single truck I've ever owned developed some axle wrap after it was lifted lol. There's always a trade off when you push the limits of the razor thin line between comfort and utility. Seems like they softened up the springs a little too much in the name of ride comfort. Seriously, I've owned 3 F-150s and an Expedition that I've had well over 150,000 miles on (over 200k on the 5.4 Ex) and they're great trucks. Sure they've had problems like spark plug blowouts (never experienced that one) and some cam phaser issues (never got that, either) but they've always been fantastic to me. Also, I have never had a SINGLE modern Ford that developed rust issues. Can't say the same for my 98 Z71 that rusted out under the extended cab door AND went through 2 transmissions and a 5.7 Vortec engine in less than 100k miles. I sold it with 98k miles on it and it was starting to lose oil pressure again. Bluestang I'm sorry about your truck and I really do think it's unfortunate but there will be growing pains with any drivetrain/model redesign - just ask some of the 05-06 Mustang guys. Ford will figure it out but don't expect a recall unless it's a safety issue. The Ford trucks are simply the best available and I know some Dodge guys that wish their only worry was a little bit of axle wrap.

Last edited by jrockgts197; 03-19-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:10 AM
roadpilot

Originally Posted by 07vbluestang
you want to see alot of pi**ed of ford owners and myself included, go to f150forum.com. you pay $44,000 for a truck and it shudders all the time. ford says it's normal. anyone want to buy a whipple mustang!! i am done with ford!!
I own both a 2102 Mustang GT 5.0 and a 2012 F-150 FX4 with the Ecoboost. No problems with either.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:17 AM
roadpilot

Originally Posted by wcgman
Dodge breaks down all the time and looks like crap.
Just traded in my 2002 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4 (bought new) on a new F-150. I owned three Dodge pickups, and none of them 'broke down all the time'. How many did you own? How many times did they 'break down' on you?

And I LOVED the look of my Dodge trucks - looks are a subjective measure.