Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2010 GT Roush M90 Magnaflow muffler delete axle back video

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 05:08 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Default My 2010 GT Roush M90 Magnaflow muffler delete axle back video

So I posted earlier this week my MBRP mufflers. They have a much richer sound and can get a little loud when I wanted, but since trading in my 06 GT I've really missed the muffler deletes it had when I bought it. I've been looking at other muffler delete options for a few months including custom work at a local muffler shop.

Finally, I decided to just go for it and stick by my rule of you get what you pay for.

I bought Magnaflow muffler deletes and they arrived Thursday night. I installed them this morning. Well, I'd been jamming to Disturbed during the install which of course drained my battery so I had to put my booster on it to get it started, but when it did...my first thought was...

"HOLY F-ING S-T THIS IS GOING TO GET ME A TICKET. BUT IT'S TOTALLY WORTH IT!"

Seriously folks, I can't begin to describe the sound of the Magnaflow muffler deletes on this car. I've been driving around some today and no radio because it's pure magic. I hope it can do even a little bit of justice to how totally awesome this sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Op5p...ature=youtu.be

For now, here's a couple of quick pics. After the pics, I'll run through the install process and what makes the job easier for anyone thinking of this.

To install, you will need 10 and 13mm sockets or wrenches. I highly recommend a ratcheting box wrench for this job. I use the disposable gloves to keep hands clean and not transfer dirt to the new parts. I also had a couple of cheap rubber door stops from Walmart that were useful (that comes later.) Also, work on one side at a time. I started with the drivers side.

Using a floor jack, I raised the rear of the car some on the side I was working on for more room underneath. There's no need to get the tire off the ground, just creating a little more room to work around in there. Starting at the rear of the car, there are 2 hangers. Both the driver and passenger side have 2 10mm bolts in the hanger closest to the bumper cover. Remove those 2 10mm bolts from the drivers side. The next hanger on the drivers side has 3 bolts. Remove all 3 and set them aside. The last remaining 13mm bolt is for the coupler that attaches the muffler to the exhaust behind the axle. Loosen this bolt until the coupler moves freely, but there's no need to remove it as the new mufflers have new couplers. By this time, you've noticed that the muffler is hanging pretty much freely with the weight being suspended by the exhaust coming from the cats. This may take some work, but move the muffler back and forth to get it free of the exhaust. Take care not to scratch any finished surfaces, etc... Once the muffler is removed, transfer the exhaust hangers facing in the same direction onto the hanger hooks of your new muffler.

Installation is the reverse of removal with one very notable exception. Do not tighten any of the bolts down until they are all in place. Then you have to hold the muffler tip in the position you want it exiting the rear bumper. Thats where the door stops came in. I jammed them in between the bumper cover and the exhaust tip so it was centered so it was like having an assistant hold them right where I wanted. Now it might seem counterintuitive, but it's very important that you tighten the bolts from the front of the car towards the rear. If you go the other way, you likely wont get aligned right. Also, you need to leave about 1/2" between the tip and any part of the rear bumper cover. Otherwise you can melt plastic, etc...

The passenger side is virtually the same as the drivers side except the second exhaust hanger only has 2 bolts, not 3.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:13 PM
stephen1371
2nd Gear Member

sounds good, really mean
Old 03-17-2012, 05:18 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

My wife just asked me, "Did you go by the Mormon church today?"
Me: "You mean the one on the back road over towards Napa?"
Wife: "Yes, that one."
Me: "Why?" (thinking the cops are at the house looking for me)
Wife: "So that's about 5 blocks from here, right?"
Me: "Yes and again why?"
Wife: "Because I heard you all the way over there. You're an idiot."
Me: "That's awesome!"
Wife: "Yes it is dummy!"
ROFL!!!
Old 03-17-2012, 06:15 PM
NJ3
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
My wife just asked me, "Did you go by the Mormon church today?"
Me: "You mean the one on the back road over towards Napa?"
Wife: "Yes, that one."
Me: "Why?" (thinking the cops are at the house looking for me)
Wife: "So that's about 5 blocks from here, right?"
Me: "Yes and again why?"
Wife: "Because I heard you all the way over there. You're an idiot."
Me: "That's awesome!"
Wife: "Yes it is dummy!"
ROFL!!!
LMAO! Probably a dumb question but, do they drone?
Old 03-17-2012, 06:17 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

I drove for about 5 mins on the highway and I didnt hear any drone which makes me super happy!
Old 03-17-2012, 07:37 PM
BlackGT45th
2nd Gear Member

That was just... I don't even know how to describe it. I want to take that rev clip and loop the rev into a 5 minute long mp3 and listen to it over and over and...