Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cammed tunes

Old 03-23-2012, 05:33 AM
Metal man
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by timmbo
I heard nobody anymore. Apparently Ford was going to sue tuners for doing so because they were cracking proprietary programming code in order to get it done.
Thats what I heard too.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:16 AM
fordplay
1st Gear Member

No ford is not suing any one, currently John Lund, steeda and to a lesser degree aed have one , lunds is a wild cam but you have to remove your cats, not an option, so you basically have steeda left, and there just are not many videos of that tune, yes its a gimmick but its also a chance to try a steeda tune... I ordered it, im running stock headers and cats but a open H pipe going to flowmasters series super 44 .. Its loud so im hoping for a paint mixer shake, and once installed ill write a full report.. Stay tuned
Old 03-23-2012, 09:38 AM
ccaron

sounds good fordplay im looking forward to your report. I have been interested in the Steeda tunes (in general) for awhile but havent gotten brave enough to tune yet.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:08 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT0gw...ature=youtu.be

Please post your own once you install it. Love to hear more examples of it!

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 03-23-2012, 08:55 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

i didnt know steeda made a cam tune. i had one form another tuner for the boss, sounded great but had a few low speed drivability issues and an issue with hunting idle at times. io would love a cammed tune that has lots of engine braking and doesn't hunt for idle.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:00 AM
fordplay
1st Gear Member

OK, first off steeda did not pay me to say anything, OK now I've only had a few hours with it but the idle... wow shakes the car !! Nicely it clicks in and out smoothly and flawlessly,second the normal tune is more explosive than bama race tune, again, only the first night driving it but wow.. also zero smell after 10 minutes idle, most important its makes me smile just thinking about driving it
Old 03-24-2012, 08:40 AM
iceguyb14
3rd Gear Member

TJ@Steeda, is there ANY dangers with running the "Lope Cam" tune? I should have a new 2013 in the next week or so and would love to have that sound.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:16 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

We have done a lot of hours of testing on the 2012 and have not had any issues with our Steeda test car. We didn't just run a week of tests, we have had it on for sometime and did not have any negative effects.

I will speak with Gus and see what if any changes are on the 2013 that may cause for new testing on the Cam Idle Tune. I will let you know sometime next week.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 03-24-2012, 09:15 PM
fordplay
1st Gear Member

OK so day 2, visited my friend with a 69 camaro running a cammed 454, he could not tell the difference, he swore it was a cam which was fun, I told him it was just a tune ... eventually. Next the performance side the revs appear to not drop between shifts which not only provide a smoother shift but a faster one also, the car also has more effortless acceleration..over all thank you steeda this is a quality tune. Most times after buying something you get a buyer remorse, not with this
Old 03-24-2012, 09:33 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

Fordplay,

We are glad you liked the product and your feedback is greatly appreciated

Have fun this weekend with it!

Best Regards,

TJ

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: cammed tunes