Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fender badging/striping opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 07:22 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Default Fender badging/striping opinions?

So, I need your opinions.

The mod bug is itching again but I'm trying to keep it at bay. These are relatively cheap and I think it may just compliment the ride.

Here's my ride as it stands now:

So, would you leave it as is? Or would you add any of the following?

2nd question: how do you think vinyl fender stripes would look? Same color as the stripes (TL code) or maybe even black? Something sorta like this...

I'm hoping to find something small that'll keep the bug at bay for a little bit. These options are pretty cheap and that's exactly what I'm looking for as I'm still saving for the new ride!
Old 03-24-2012, 07:30 PM
Hotwheelracer
3rd Gear Member

Car looks great as is. Has a great "clean" look. Personally I think the fender hash or badges would take away from this look. I would say if you got the bug to mod, change out the turn signals for smoked ones with amber bulbs to get rid of the orange on the lens. I got mine for about $35 on ebay. Or keep you eyes out for some vista blue side skirts.

On a side note, have you noticed more rocks getting kicked up and hitting the sides with the new wheels and tires?

Last edited by Hotwheelracer; 03-24-2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:17 PM
MoshpitMad
3rd Gear Member

Wouldn't touch it. Sometimes adding takes away from the overall aesthetic.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:14 PM
05MineralGrayV6
3rd Gear Member

The tribar ponys are nice dont put the old school powered by ford emblems on it I personally think they look cheap. If your gonna do it do it right. I opted for the newer style shelby powered by ford emblems and they look sick but they are not cheap 129.00 a set at PPI highway robbery.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:23 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

I love the powered by ford badges and the tribar pony. I'd leave the stripes alone though, looks great!
Old 03-24-2012, 10:53 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

I personally like the clean look and badge-less fenders. I think the hash stripes would be too much going on, especially with having stripes already.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:04 AM
Shift
2nd Gear Member

My two cents would be to not do the stripes. I'd think it as an overkill with too many stripes. Stripes are cool but side, hood, roof, and fender altogether looks bad to me, like the owner overdid it. There is the underdressed Mustangs, and then there are the Mustangs that are overdone. Just have to find that median which you like, in my opinion. I do think though that badges would look really good. I'd either do 4.0 or the Powered by Ford badge on the fenders, but would not do the tri-bar. I feel like it is meant only for the grille. I have the red 4.6L Supercharged badge on both fenders on my car, and its just right for me.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:39 AM
swagfu
2nd Gear Member

1st-Your car looks pretty awesome as it sits.
2nd-I don't personally care for any of the options you have listed....but you are right, you could use a little something on the side to break it up.
3rd-How about throwing on some white letter tire paint? LOL...I am on the kick myself.

You could always put a stripe along the bottom the same color you have now. I think the pony tri-bar is the best option of what you listed, but honestly, I agree with JJP, only for the grille. At the end of the day, its your ride and you have to be happy with it.
Good luck with it. I can't wait to see what you decide to do.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:57 AM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Vista side skirts would look good on your ride. I normally dont like badging, but with your ride the powered by Ford would look good.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:11 AM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Thanks everyone for the suggestions on what not to do haha. I guess I'm going to have to find another place to focus on. Maybe a little interior dress up, just trying to keep it cheap as I don't want to get sucked in again while I'm supposed to be saving for the next one.

Hotwheel, I have noticed more dirt/grime being kicked up into my rear quarters, but I'll attribute that to the tire width upgrade from 255s to 275s and maybe even the tread design gripping those babies. Maybe not a bad idea to look into some painted to match rear flaps...

Quick Reply: Fender badging/striping opinions?