Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 03-26-2012, 09:56 AM   #11
Wil
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 Mustang GT

Crap! Sorry to hear dude, look at the bright side, you can upgrade you hood now. =)
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Appearance: 20" Saleen Rims wrapped with 555 Nittos. Cervini 2.5" Cowl Hood and side scoop. GT/CS front w/ Boss Splitter, Retro Solutions 55 W 6000K HID's, DG Custom Window Louvers, 3D Carbon GT500 Spoiler, Roush side splitters, GT500 rear valance, Eleanor Grill & Tint 35/20%
Wil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:06 AM   #12
urio2122
2nd Gear Member

There goes your carfax

But damn that sucks man I got in a accident 2 months after buying my new car so I know the pain. Mine wasn't as bad so your just lucky you might get a new hood.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:14 AM   #13
NHendrix15

Vehicle: 2012, Ford, Mustang GT

depending on what body shop you go to (especially if you have an in) you can talk to them about how much the factory hood would cost and how much the aftermarket one you're looking at runs for. A lot of the times its cheaper for an aftermarket hood than a factory one, but if not you can offer to pay the difference out of pocket for the part you want. Never hurts to ask

2012 Mustang GT
C & L Racer CAI, Boss 302 Intake Manifold, BBR Off-road X-pipe, Magnaflow catback exhaust, SCT tuner, Ford Racing 4.10 gears. Roush lowering springs (1.0 in front/1.5 in rear), BMR-Billet Lower Control Arms, BMR Control Arm Relocation Brackets, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar. Race Star 15x10 with Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial
NHendrix15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:42 AM   #14
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 5.0

I'd say you got off really lucky there...Most times deer do far more damage than you ended up with there. Could've been way worse.

Does suck that you nailed a deer though, any kind of repairs and time consumed are always a pain in the ***.

My View on the Economy: www.cgeconomics.com
pdonket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:40 AM   #15
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 mustang gt

Yeah well this does suck big time!!! My gf's uncle owns the body shop and a new factory hood is $1400 so I think Im either going to get the cobra R hood, Saleen Powerflow, or the cervini 2.5in cowl.

It really sucks that this happened cause like stated, there goes my carfax, there goes keeping all the original paint, and I hope they have good luck matching this color, cause race red isnt just a regular standard red.

But yeah I do look on the bright side a little bit, cause it couldve been way worse. I couldve hit it dead on and it couldve wrecked my bumper and everything and possibly even broke the windshield and set the airbags off. So yes it couldve been worse but it just sucks this had to happen. I'm 18 and been driving for almost 2 years now and my first accident is with a fcking goddamn deer that ran infront of me

2012 Race Red GT/CS - Auto, Comfort package, AED 93 Tune, Steeda CAI, Pypes LT Headers, O/R X Pipe, Borla S Type's, Cervini Cobra R Hood, Roush Side Splitters, Boss 302 Splitter, 6000k Retro Soultion HID's, FRPP K Springs, BMR Panhard Bar, BMR Lca's, BMR Relo's, TSW Nurburgrings, Nitto NT555's, 5% Tint All Around, 35% Windshield Tint

2012 Ford Fusion SEL v6 --- DD, Loaded, 5% Tint

Last edited by grabber blue gt; 03-26-2012 at 11:43 AM.
grabber blue gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:44 AM   #16
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang GT

Bodyshops can purchase ford paint in every paint color. I had a mishap in my 05, and got it painted etc. can't see the difference really.

Justice to All
TheDutchTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:09 PM   #17
duckbubbles
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Mustang GT

We need to hunt those varmints 24/7/365 until the only place you can see them is their DNA through a microscope! I've only hit four so far.

Frank

SOLD! 2008 GT Premium, Vapor Metallic, 5-speed man. w/MGW, Ford Racing M6066 Whipple, GT500 Front end, Spoiler, Suspension and Wheels. GTA's, sequentials, one touch. Can't wipe the smile off my face.
duckbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #18
ironh19
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang GT Convertible
ironh19

totally, if any animal hits my car, I will genocide that species. thats why there are no kids in my neighborhood now.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:20 PM   #19
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 mustang gt

LOL @ ironh19 about the no kids in the neighborhood.

My mother called the insurance company today and I am dropping the car off at my gf's uncles body shop hopefully tomorrow or wednesday. I am most likely going to go with the cobra R hood or just keep the OEM hood. I am not crazy about a cowl hood on this car. I am telling them I absolutely want a new fender and new door though. I dont want any of this botched up bondo and pull the dent out ****.

2012 Race Red GT/CS - Auto, Comfort package, AED 93 Tune, Steeda CAI, Pypes LT Headers, O/R X Pipe, Borla S Type's, Cervini Cobra R Hood, Roush Side Splitters, Boss 302 Splitter, 6000k Retro Soultion HID's, FRPP K Springs, BMR Panhard Bar, BMR Lca's, BMR Relo's, TSW Nurburgrings, Nitto NT555's, 5% Tint All Around, 35% Windshield Tint

2012 Ford Fusion SEL v6 --- DD, Loaded, 5% Tint
grabber blue gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:56 PM   #20
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ford Mustang GT

G*d D*mn wild animals. Why can't they go jump in front of a Prius or something?
mph07alloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:56 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
bamby, brooklyn, car, club, deer, mess