Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 03-29-2012, 09:23 AM   #1
Marky82
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang Convertible
Default Power source for aftermarket heated seats

I finally bought 2 sets of these aftermarket heated seats and now I have to install them. The instructions say I need to find a 12v ignition source driving up to 10amp continuous current per seat. The heaters have a power consumption of about 70 watts per seat.

Are there two open spots in fuse box (the one near the pass. side kick panel) where I can use those add-a-fuse taps? I would need one 10amp tap for each seat.

Do these draw too much power to just tap a fuse? Should I run a wire directly from the battery and wire a relay?

Any advice/recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Mark
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
V6, auto, dual exhaust with FRPP x-pipe and FR500S mufflers, Roush front bumper and fog lights, side scoops, black hood scoop, JVC touchscreen head unit, ACC black carpet, aftermarket heated seats, brake calipers painted torch red to match the car, 18" chrome Saleen 5 spoke rims with 275's in the back and 255's in the front, C&L cold air intake, Bama SF3/X3 tuner

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8&l=5ac75e4fc5
Marky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #2
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ford Mustang V6

I have heated seats on mine, but I have yet to install them. What a coincidence that I saw this thread just as I was doing some research. But anyway, according to the owner's manual, fuses 42 and 44 draw 10 amps each and they are free fuses, as in they are NOT powering any accessory. You should be able to use those two. I'll probably start mine later today, I'm about to end my overnight shift at work and I'm gonna go home and crash for a while.

EDIT: Just noticed you have an '07. Mine's a 2010, so it may be possible that the fuses I mentioned apply only to mine. You should consult the owner's manual to verify.

2010 Mustang V6

Performance:
SCT SF3/X3 Tuner, BBK Cold Air Intake, Custom H-Pipe, Flowmaster American Thunder

Appearance:
5% tints on back windows, 20% tints on side windows, DG Custom Auto quarter window louvers, Mustang third brake light tint, 3DCarbon 3D500 spoiler, GT500 steering wheel, Pioneer AVIC-X930BT, Metra 99-5823CH, Shelby GT500 leather seats, SHR Chrome Fuel Door

Last edited by Antonio323; 03-29-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Antonio323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:25 PM   #3
bones302
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: '10 GT

This may go without saying, but my advice is to make sure the power sources are only on with the ignition (unless the seats have a timer auto-off capability). but even so, you don;t want to leave the seats on by accident after you shut off the car.
bones302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:29 PM   #4
White05GT
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 GT

Fuse 12 or 13 is the one I used on my 05 and sis's 07 to power the seat heaters. Only works with the key on. Wired the power to both seats to one add-a-fuse tap like you have pictured.

Your owners manual will tell you for sure which fuse it is, is listed as unused.

Edit: just checked, it's #13. You'll love having them!

Last edited by White05GT; 03-30-2012 at 04:34 PM.
White05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:54 PM   #5
Marky82
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by White05GT View Post
Fuse 12 or 13 is the one I used on my 05 and sis's 07 to power the seat heaters. Only works with the key on. Wired the power to both seats to one add-a-fuse tap like you have pictured.

Your owners manual will tell you for sure which fuse it is, is listed as unused.

Edit: just checked, it's #13. You'll love having them!
Are you worried about both seats drawing too much power from that one fuse? I can only find 10amp add-a-fuse kits and my heated seat instructions says each seat requires 10amps.
V6, auto, dual exhaust with FRPP x-pipe and FR500S mufflers, Roush front bumper and fog lights, side scoops, black hood scoop, JVC touchscreen head unit, ACC black carpet, aftermarket heated seats, brake calipers painted torch red to match the car, 18" chrome Saleen 5 spoke rims with 275's in the back and 255's in the front, C&L cold air intake, Bama SF3/X3 tuner

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8&l=5ac75e4fc5
Marky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:28 PM   #6
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

Here's how it's fed with the OE heaters:
http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=40&viewfile...lled Seats.pdf
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #7
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ford Mustang V6

Sorry OP, don't mean to thread jack. I have run both harnesses under the carpet and onto the front on both driver and passenger heated seats. The passenger harness is right next to the fuse panel, but the driver harness isn't near any fuse. How would I go about wiring the driver harness?

2010 Mustang V6

Performance:
SCT SF3/X3 Tuner, BBK Cold Air Intake, Custom H-Pipe, Flowmaster American Thunder

Appearance:
5% tints on back windows, 20% tints on side windows, DG Custom Auto quarter window louvers, Mustang third brake light tint, 3DCarbon 3D500 spoiler, GT500 steering wheel, Pioneer AVIC-X930BT, Metra 99-5823CH, Shelby GT500 leather seats, SHR Chrome Fuel Door
Antonio323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:43 PM   #8
White05GT
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky82 View Post
Are you worried about both seats drawing too much power from that one fuse? I can only find 10amp add-a-fuse kits and my heated seat instructions says each seat requires 10amps.
Not worried at all, both seats also have a 10 amp inline fuse in the kit I used. Sis has had hers in over a year, mine since december. No probs at all.
White05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:43 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
08, 2007, 2012, aftermarket, buffalo, heated, heaters, install, market, mustang, ny, power, seat, seats, wire