Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

>>> STOLEN! 2006 x-Harper Woods PD Mustang GT <<<

Old 05-19-2012, 07:26 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I still can't believe someone would still a pretty much stock gt. They are a dime a dozen and nothing on them is worth that much. You never see posts on here about stolen 05+ mustangs. Weird.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:20 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Default The Mustang Has Been Found! :-D

Delaware State Police found my car Wednesday night! Of course the car is recovered AFTER I settled my claim with the insurance company 2 weeks ago. The police found it abandoned in an apartment complex less than 2 miles from my home. It's been there all this time. I had it towed to my house. The insurance company allowed me to keep one of the three keys as a memento, and sure enough the car fired right up. The car isn't torn up at all, except for some damage around the ignition that I noticed late last night.

The insurance company will not sell me the car back directly, sayng that the car MUST be auctioned off to the highest bidder. They said I am free to bid on it when they auction it off. They are picking it up this morning. I have decided to let the car go. If the car was meant to be mine then it would have been found BEFORE I settled my claim and bought another Mustang. It's time to move on. At least I recovered some of our personal items from the car that were not listed in our claim, and the insurance company will reimburse me for the cost of having it towed to my house.

On a positive note, the 2012 California Special will be delivered to me on Tuesday!
Old 05-25-2012, 09:27 AM
bigD1515
3rd Gear Member

GREAT! That's good to hear! Congrats on getting the car back (even though she's leaving *sadface*) and your NEW purchase
Old 05-25-2012, 09:37 AM
Nyhm
1st Gear Member

Glad to see they found it, at least you know it hasn't been destroyed or anything. A friend of mines car (not a mustang but still) got stolen and they set it on fire on top of a parking garage. So it could have been much worse
Old 05-25-2012, 10:14 AM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Sucks that they couldn't find your GT until now. On a brighter note, congrats on the new CS.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:51 AM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 28HopUp
The police found it abandoned in an apartment complex less than 2 miles from my home. It's been there all this time. I had it towed to my house. The insurance company allowed me to keep one of the three keys as a memento
Did they say how it was stolen? Kids with some decent knowledge bypassing the PATS and/or alarm system? Or was it just towed there?

Congrats on finding it to at the very least get your stuff out of it, and of course getting an even better new one.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:59 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

How did they get it to an apartment complex? I just don't get it. How did they get in the car? No damage to the door/lock?

I told you nobody would steal a new mustang to strip it.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:12 AM
HIS S-197
1st Gear Member

@ NYHM
Some cars are stolen to commit a more severe crime (e.g. robbery or murder).
Your friend's car might have been set ablaze to destroy evidence.

@28HOPUP
Congratulations on the ending of one chapter and the beginning of another.
This thread should be locked immediately after you post pics of the new GT/CS.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:23 PM
ninefooter
1st Gear Member

Hey at least you got a newer car and you know your old one will be enjoyed by someone else instead of it ending up.. with a much worse fate.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:28 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

There were no add'l miles added to the car that I could tell. The iginition switch was monkeyed around with, but nothing to the point that I couldn't start it with the key I kept (which is now with the car). I suspect that the thieves realized that having a stolen ex-cop car might be a liability, so they ditched it in an area without surviellance cameras.

I will post up te details about the online auction once I have them. I'd like to see the car end up in a good home.

And the transporter delivered my California Special 3 days early. Here are pictures with the new tail lights -

I installed a used pair of GT500 mufflers yesterday. I may just tint the windows and call this one DONE!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: >>> STOLEN! 2006 x-Harper Woods PD Mustang GT <<<