Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People with tinted front lights and taillights...need pictures and feedback.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 08:36 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

I did mine in a light smoke I got from rvinyl I like that it tones down the red but they are still easily visible.

You can kind of see Allens tails in this pic...

I think he got his from Stangmods
Old 03-29-2012, 08:37 PM
mustang0672
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bigD1515
Thats a very light tint. Probably wouldnt even be noticeable! Those look lighter than the 2013's..
I am just looking at options to dim down the brightness of the lights a bit. Here in Texas if you do a strong tint the cops will be all over your *** in 10 seconds with tickets flying left and right. Got pulled over when i had the blackout covers on, cop made an *** out of himself so we took them off.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:38 PM
acquah20
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by bigD1515
Thats a very light tint. Probably wouldnt even be noticeable! Those look lighter than the 2013's..
Yeah the 2013's are really dark in person. I can see a lot of cops pulling people over bc they think theyre tinted when the tail lights aren't on. They do look really cool when they are on though
Old 03-30-2012, 03:10 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustang0672
Does anyone know if lightly tinting them to dim down the red a lil bit is illegal in texas?

I'm sure it is, it's illegal to put anything on your lights here in Florida.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:14 AM
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

The tint from AM and other locations like that is dark, however when you hit the brake light or even at night with running lights, it is still very obvious (Our lights on the 10+ are bright as the darn sun..)

here's a pic of AM's rear light tint, 1 light done, one not.

I'm actually doing all my lights this weekend (tint is here, and laying flat right now). Looking forward to taking some of the glare off these bright babies.

Here is a pic of someone's tinted rears hitting the brake - I dunno if this is tint or spray tint
(looks a lil darker than the AM tint application and it covers the reverse lights so thinking this
is spray tint) but as you can see the lights are still bright and obvious.

GL either way ya go, Po-Po's hair raising varies state to state on this.

Last edited by JayyVee; 03-30-2012 at 06:23 AM.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:50 AM
fordplay
1st Gear Member

I live i texas and bought the tint from AM .. its a good tint kit, and i taunt the cops with loud exhaust and engine revs. I have been followed 2 times this week with the tint you cant tell its on there untill you get close and it looks so good i give it 2 thumbs up, every mustang should have it done!! Honestly if you have a 2011 or 12 stand behind your car and have someone hit the brakes, the friggin brake lights blind you, i figured the tint was me being nice to other drivers... ha ha tint em... tint em all
Old 03-30-2012, 08:03 AM
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

That was my thinking about the lights being bright - my bud was behind me one evening and kept telling me that at lights, he was getting blinded by my rears.

Figure I'm doing anyone behind me a favor..
Old 03-30-2012, 08:23 AM
adidasUNT8
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustang0672
I am just looking at options to dim down the brightness of the lights a bit. Here in Texas if you do a strong tint the cops will be all over your *** in 10 seconds with tickets flying left and right. Got pulled over when i had the blackout covers on, cop made an *** out of himself so we took them off.
That's why you don't do the stupid covers.. they look fake as hell. I haven't been stopped once with the ones i have on them now because they have the clean stock-ish look.

before and after..

Old 03-30-2012, 08:30 AM
2007bluestang
4th Gear Member

If youre going to do it do it dark enough to make it noticeable. Most laws are that your brake lights must be visible from x feet away. I did too many coats with nite shades one time and I could still see them far enough away. In a parking lot I had a cop say something and I said if he wanted to he could step the 200(I thunk maybe more) feet back and check them.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:33 AM
replica
4th Gear Member

Tinted tails make cars look old and beat up.

Quick Reply: People with tinted front lights and taillights...need pictures and feedback.