Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-01-2012, 10:01 AM   #11
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 4.0
Wade Angel MadStang40

Yep, no brainer here. Buy a 2012 5.0. You don't want buyer's remorse when it hits you that you could've had 107 more ponies (and a ton more torque) right out of the box still under warranty!

You can always put in leathers and other interior upgrades down the road, but again, you'd be hard-pressed to get as much out of the 3.7 motor in the lower rpms as the 5.0. Even then, you'd be approaching used 2012 territory!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

2007 5spd Vista Blue 4.0L

93R tune/ Steeda CAI/ true dual conversion w/ Flowmasters/ Pypes shorties/
Tokico HP series dampers/ Eibach pro springs/ 18x9 and 18x10 AM GT500 wheels/
255/40/18 and 275/40/18 Nitto NT555s

My compilation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FClEtojW-9I
Walk around and rev: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyrqvJN2T3Y
MadStang40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #12
Mrbobcat
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ford Mustang GT

I hear what you guys are saying, but I like the look of the 13's a little better though. Is it easy to upgrade the stereo? I know you can't add mycolor later, but that's probably just fluff anyway. What kind of real world mileage are you guys getting? If its at least in the mid-20's range I guess I could live with that and the 5.0 takes reg. right?
Mrbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:24 AM   #13
Deki
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ford Mustang GT

Why is this even a choice? Nothing against the V6, and for the first time ever, kudos to Ford for putting some ***** in the entry level Mustang, but go drive both and the choice will become very clear to you. It's cheaper to add leather and a new steering wheel to the base GT then it is to get the V6 to a reliable power level of the Coyote.
Deki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:03 PM   #14
Mrbobcat
2nd Gear Member

Good news and bad news guys. I finally talked to the sales guy that could get the silver 5.0. I guess he doesn't actually have it there as its further up north and his dealership is a good 90 mile trip. He thought he could get me another color too, but I guess the 2012's are getting hard to come by with only minor options with the 13's coming out. There was a black one but it had California emissions so he can't sell that in Mich. for some reason. He does have a black 13 with recaro, but I'm sure its way too much and he also has a couple 12 loaded V6's for about 3500 off. But he said he could probably get me that silver GT for just over 25k! He went down about $500 and I did'nt even see it yet. So I think I'll at least drive up and check it out since they want to appraise my car and if I like their GT I'll have to take the mods off my car and make another trip. If I can get a little something out of my car and get decent financing (fingers crossed) I may be driving a pony before you know it...
Old 04-02-2012, 01:42 PM   #15
2012Kona
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbobcat View Post
Good news and bad news guys. I finally talked to the sales guy that could get the silver 5.0. I guess he doesn't actually have it there as its further up north and his dealership is a good 90 mile trip. He thought he could get me another color too, but I guess the 2012's are getting hard to come by with only minor options with the 13's coming out. There was a black one but it had California emissions so he can't sell that in Mich. for some reason. He does have a black 13 with recaro, but I'm sure its way too much and he also has a couple 12 loaded V6's for about 3500 off. But he said he could probably get me that silver GT for just over 25k! He went down about $500 and I did'nt even see it yet. So I think I'll at least drive up and check it out since they want to appraise my car and if I like their GT I'll have to take the mods off my car and make another trip. If I can get a little something out of my car and get decent financing (fingers crossed) I may be driving a pony before you know it...
Tell them all it takes is a new steering wheel. Then all you need is 7-800 for the leather installed. These two items are on my list too. I don't really think the cloth seats are bad. I would really like one of those new steering wheels. Wouldn't mind swapping out the instrument cluster either. Has anyone ever done this?
2012Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #16
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT 2000 GT

IMO, the Mustang is about the engine, not the stereo or the mycolor or the interior.
its about the 8 cylinders of american muscle.
i would not even mention a Hyundai in the same sentence.
if a 6 and 8 were in the same price range, its a no brainer.

Whipple Crew Member
2-Stang Crew Member
my car
onederful100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:08 AM   #17
Mrbobcat
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, I think I have to go with the V8 if its doable. I found another dealer that can get a black 5.0 base with a/w mats for about $800 more over in IN. Its a little further away but he says they could even deliver it. It's probably worth it for the color I really want to pay the little bit extra although I'm sure that color is harder to keep clean. If nothing else I should be able to find out if my credit is good enough and ballpark payment.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #18
Mrbobcat
2nd Gear Member

Well guys, my hopes may have been dashed. The dealer just called and said it would most likely be in the mid-400's for a 72 month term. I was hoping for upper 300's to 400 at worst. I don't understand as a 25k car at 5.99% is only about 390 according to the auto calc. which must not be considering the doc fees, tags, taxes, ect. It looks like I won't be getting anything for my lease either as I was hoping for a couple grand equity. I guess because I was in an accident last year they are only going to give me my payoff at around 16k instead of trade-in value that is about 18k. I don't know how they for sure without even seeing it as its a clean car with low miles. I don't know maybe I was expecting too much. I knew my interest was going to be on the high side because of filing bk last year, but I have always paid my car and house payments on time. I'm at least going to let him run my credit to be sure. If it comes down to really low 400's I may consider it, if not may have to look for something cheaper I guess.

Last edited by Mrbobcat; 04-04-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:17 PM   #19
DSargent09
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: None

Your doing this all backwards man. Go to your bank or credit union, and have them run your credit first to find out where you stand. Ford will submit you app to hundreds of different loan organizations which is truly brutal to your credit even if you do not finance anything.

Here is what you need to do.
First you do not need ford to tell you what you can afford and so on. Their finance department will run your credit a million times trying to find someone willing to loan you the money. GO TO YOUR BANK OR CREDIT UNION TO SEE WHERE YOU STAND AND WHAT FINANCING THEY WILL OFFER YOU FIRST tell them you are looking at a car that cost 25k, and will probably end up being 27k w. TTL. I pay 405 a month for almost this exact financing.

Next you need to go on ford.com and search for all the 2012 base 5.0s within a 50 mile radius or so. After you find the one you want call and get them as low on the price as you can w/ the rebates that you qualify for. There are many so search for these rebates. There are even discounts for financing through a credit union. Once you have one dealerships price on THE car you want call another dealership that has a car maybe in a different color but same package and get them as low as they can go. Go back to the one you want and show them the now lower bid from the opposing dealship and they will either knock down the price or you can ask for things. Okay then you match their price AND put the security system on mine. Or some free oil changes... give me a good deal on leather seats.... blah blah blah. work them

STAY PATIENT AND DO NOT RUSH!!! I have a lot more advise that I'm leaving out in regards to buying a new car, but really am just tired of lecturing you. Long story short dont let them run your credit, and work the dealers against each other, and also make sure your getting all the discounts possiable

2013 Mustang GT 5.0, MT, 3.73
(Sold)2012 Race Red Mustang GT 5.0 MT Stripper
DSargent09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:25 PM   #20
DSargent09
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: None

Same thing goes for trading in your Leased car. Have them put their off on paper then go somewhere else and get another offer. Here is what I did for my younger brother just to give you and idea of how bad they try to low ball you assuming your going to give them your car for a new one.

Took my brothers 2008 Chevy 1500 to carmax to have it appraised they offered 17500, but the truck was worth 20500. Their offer said that they would give 17500, and another 1,000 off the taxes if he purchased another vehicle through them.... He didnt want a new vehicle because he only owed 14200 on the truck.. He wanted the equity. So we were looking at 3,300 in equity there...

I took this quote, on paper, next door to a Chevy dealer but did not show them it. Had them also appraise the truck.. They returned with a quote of 18,000... 500 better than what car max was offering minus their discount. I then pulled out my paper showing the tax discount if I bought through them, and said that that is equivilent to 18,500 and I will just take my business there. The guy said hold on one minute. Went to the back and when he returned he made us a cash offer of 18,900 for the truck.. 4,700 dollars in equity. 1,400 more than if I would have just settled for the first offer...

You may want to try and work this angle see what your bank will offer you, then find the best CASH trade in value for your car..... You may be thinking you may not get approved because your Debt to credit ratio may not be too great.

2013 Mustang GT 5.0, MT, 3.73
(Sold)2012 Race Red Mustang GT 5.0 MT Stripper
DSargent09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:25 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2005, 2012, 50, add, base, buffalo, forum, forums, gt, leather, mustang, premium, sale, silver, virginia