Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well, I got T-Boned yesterday : (

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 09:05 PM
supergp17

That sucks man. I'm always dodging people on the highway who aren't paying attentions. I swear, I must have been sold the klingon cloaking package because people NEVER see me.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:47 AM
eolson
3rd Gear Member

Thanks everyone, so far, so good with the adjuster, the body shop will be having the car checked for frame and chassis damage today, although so far nothing is obvious to them beyond the impact area and my wheel/tire damage. Actually it turns out that my aftermarket rims are less expensive than the Ford bullits new, so the adjuster was fine with that concept.

My ultra high performance all season goodyear F1 eagle D3 275/40/18 tire might be an issue as they don't seem to make them anymore. Does anyone have any ideas where I could look for one in over stock somewhere??? Thanks, Erik
Old 04-06-2012, 06:38 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Totally agree with everyone else but since you're telling your story on MF that means that you walked away from that one and that's the most important thing.. Hope you get everything figured out my man.. GL!
Old 04-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Mustangyoe
1st Gear Member

At least you didn't get hurt. The car will be fixed and you will get new wheels and tires
Old 04-07-2012, 04:07 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by eolson
Thanks everyone, so far, so good with the adjuster, the body shop will be having the car checked for frame and chassis damage today, although so far nothing is obvious to them beyond the impact area and my wheel/tire damage. Actually it turns out that my aftermarket rims are less expensive than the Ford bullits new, so the adjuster was fine with that concept.

My ultra high performance all season goodyear F1 eagle D3 275/40/18 tire might be an issue as they don't seem to make them anymore. Does anyone have any ideas where I could look for one in over stock somewhere??? Thanks, Erik
Have you chatted with the folks at TireRack? Sometimes they can run down a tire for you. Also when I've looked for tires in the past, Discount had been surprisingly very resourceful.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:58 PM
eolson
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the info, Erik
Old 04-07-2012, 05:50 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Man that sucks. Where are the pics?
Old 04-07-2012, 06:36 PM
eolson
3rd Gear Member

I want the car fixed and back to it's beautiful condition ASAP, so I didn't bother taking pics, so my good karma car spirit will hopefully be un effected.

For me, the negative aspects of the aftermarket( being taken or gouged, crappy parts, noisy parts, waisted money, having to do things twice) or when someone damages your car, are all things that threaten my sustained enjoyment of this expensive but fulfilling hobby. I've learned to express my frustration briefly, and then put the car out of my mind till it's made right.

When I get it back, and everything is wrapped up, I'll prefer to have no visual memory of this 2-3 week period. For me it works. Sorry about not bothering to take pics, the fact that my garage is half empty is depressing enough. I'll keep updating though.

I'm seeing brand new 2013 Mustangs though, and thats cool to see. Thanks, Erik
Old 04-07-2012, 08:22 PM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

Just make sure it's a good shop doing the work. Mine has been at the shop for 2 months now, and I JUST found out that now the rear axle is bent. We're looking at about $25K in damages so far, and there was NO damage behind the firewall two months ago.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:14 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Tis the season to get your car beat on apparently. Just like 6 months ago. It's like spring and fall are just the worst times of the year to drive a cool car.

Quick Reply: Well, I got T-Boned yesterday : (