Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on what I should do about this dealer.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 09:43 AM
GM Supercar
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by yohankenobi
Ford dealer here. I've never seen a pin stripe actually painted on under the clear coat. Not once.
I was going to say, there's no way that pinstripe is under the clearcoat. That would mean it would have been applied during the paint process. No way.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:37 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Lesson learned hopefully. Don't sign for something sight unseen! Part of the problem was that no VIN as recorded on the documents to prove which car you signed for. This left the description open to interpretation.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:10 PM
CaptainRon
2nd Gear Member

no No NO!!!!
20 years old and the dealer is screwing this kid in the worst way. DO NOT ACCEPT ANY CAR FROM THIS DEALER THAT HAS PINSTRIPES ON IT AND THEY'RE PROMISING THAT THEY CAN REMOVE IT.

have them order the car that you wanted and have the patience to wait for it. You are the customer and you do not have to accept any car as being the one your stuck with.
They will tried every trick in the book and Ive been thru that many times before. You have to learn patience and when its time to walk and go to another dealer.

You should have walked the first time they didnt have the car you wanted in stock.

Remember, all dealerships no matter where, or what state all pay the same price when they order the cars from Ford. They are in the business to make money for themselves not for Ford.

What I would do is return the car they gave you, demand a loaner and to ORDER a new car from FORD, not from anywhere in that area and be PATIENT.
Demand to speak in person to the general sales manager or even the owners if possible.

Stay away from the finance manager, do not speak to that man. His job is only to get you to pay more than is necessary and nothing more, he has no pull power in the sale.

Pay absolutely no attention to what the salesman tells you regarding the vehicle you have now, its theirs, not yours. drop it of and leave it if you have to. That sales contract was for a red GT nothing less and its a legal binding contract. They will tell you anything to get you to keep the car they gave you because in this situation theyre going to lose out on money.

you should have read this before doing anything http://www.negotiationdynamics.com/Newcar.asp

Last edited by CaptainRon; 04-13-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:05 AM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

For some reason....this story smells fishy to me....
Old 04-16-2012, 07:50 AM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

Yep....many requests for pictures and info.....nothing returned......
Old 04-16-2012, 08:42 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Personally, I wouldn't want a brand new car with 600 miles. I also wouldn't want a car with any silly pinstriping on it... IE, I wouldn't have drove that car off the lot, needing a car for work or not.

Do you want the car? Otherwise, I'd make Ford take it back even if I had to strap some TNT and drive it through their showroom.

As far as your quirks, and the Brembo being the only real alternative to what you want... There is no way to have your bank cancel your current financing when Ford takes the POS back, and then refinance for the Brembo? That way it's not $1700 upfront out of pocket, and I'd also try and talking them down off the $1700 Brembo option...

I was 20 when I purchased my 2006 in 2005. No deals then, and Dealers were even marking up the GT's because they were selling like hotcakes. I bought mine at MSRP, which sucked and I'll never do that again but like you I wanted/needed a car and got stuck in that tunnel vision. I understand what it means to buy something and then have things go wrong. Ford, in my experience is very bad at customer service. They'll sell you something but the minute something goes wrong it all falls back on you. Under warranty, sure they will fix it, might be right... might not be... but it's your time that's wasted trip after trip.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:27 AM
Lifeexplorer

I am pretty tough negotiator - not I always get what I want, nobody can but I have my bag of tricks.

I personally would not stand for this much frustration. I can't stand for people passing their problems to me. I'd flat out tell them from the start that that was not the car I ordered and they either deliver the car within X days or the deal is over.

I would gladly drive the rental V6 Mustang until they get me the one I want though. :-)

At this point, I would negotiate on the Brembo option at least getting it half off for your frustration.

My last resort would be:"Look, I have been very reasonable but you have not. So far you get me a car that I didn't order and want me to take it. When I get home today, I'll write up my experience and put a title "Dealer X Screwed Me! Do Not Buy From Dealer X!" on my article and post it all over the Internet. If anybody does a search on Ford, Mustang or car, your name will come up at the first result. I work in IT. That's called Search Engine Optimization. Piece of cake for me to do."