Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on what I should do about this dealer.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

I would return the car...infact, I would have walked out of the dealership before I bought it.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:21 PM
dcarlinf1
3rd Gear Member

Nevermind

Last edited by dcarlinf1; 04-12-2012 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Nevermind
Old 04-12-2012, 03:03 PM
yohankenobi

Ford dealer here. I've never seen a pin stripe actually painted on under the clear coat. Not once. As for a dealer, I wouldn't return there ever. I never let my customers sign for a car until they see it. As my customer your my number one priority. It's your money that your entrusting me with. That's a big deal! I don't care the volume of the dealership that is just plain wrong. Good for them for helping you resolve the issue, but the run around they gave you is unacceptable.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:09 PM
My1stGT
2nd Gear Member

Was this dealer in Ohio?
Old 04-12-2012, 07:08 PM
attz0r

Update:
While the dealer was calling around looking for another car, they found that just about all of the base gt cars in race red down in florida had these odd pinstripes, all of them unique and equally stupid looking. They asked where they came from and why they were painted on and found that it's typically done by one dealer down there, they don't acctually use automotive paint, which is why it appears to be under the clear coat because it's so thin and smooth. The dealer in florida said they have a chemical that removes it, but my current dealer doesn't have it, so they are going to wet sand it lightly to remove it.

I'm hoping this works, I really like my car, and I'd rather just keep it than hassle with getting another one shipped in.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:44 PM
supergp17

Originally Posted by attz0r
Update:
While the dealer was calling around looking for another car, they found that just about all of the base gt cars in race red down in florida had these odd pinstripes, all of them unique and equally stupid looking. They asked where they came from and why they were painted on and found that it's typically done by one dealer down there, they don't acctually use automotive paint, which is why it appears to be under the clear coat because it's so thin and smooth. The dealer in florida said they have a chemical that removes it, but my current dealer doesn't have it, so they are going to wet sand it lightly to remove it.

I'm hoping this works, I really like my car, and I'd rather just keep it than hassle with getting another one shipped in.
Can you post a pic? If its not under the clearcoat, then I don't see why it can't be removed. I do a lot of vehicle graphics, and the dealerships' detailer should be able to remove it. Their response to you about it looking sunk in after removal, is bizarre.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:48 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by yohankenobi
Ford dealer here. I've never seen a pin stripe actually painted on under the clear coat. Not once.
Bingo. Still waiting on that pic...
Old 04-13-2012, 04:14 AM
attz0r

I don't have any up close pictures, I was just told that it was under the clearcoat by the body shop at the ford dealer. As stated in my last update, they called the dealer in florida that put it on the car, and found that it's not automotive paint and it's not under the clear coat. The car is currently at the dealer waiting on the detailer to remove it. They figured at the body shop that it was under the clear coat because the paint was so thin that you couldn't feel it. It should be off tomorrow.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:06 AM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

Where in Fl. did this come from? Real curious to see that stripe.....
Old 04-13-2012, 08:03 AM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

Subbed for pics of stripe

Hope it works out for you.

Quick Reply: Opinions on what I should do about this dealer.