Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Mustang's new European look: A big mistake?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 05:35 AM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Definitely no Mustang I would buy. Keep the hood long and the v8's big...
Old 04-18-2012, 06:07 AM
fordplay
1st Gear Member

@kotobuki actually ford has alteady shown select motortrend journalists the next mustang. Its still a concept sure but where do you thing the render came from? The memory of someone that saw it. The headlights im pretty sure will change to fit more of the new ford mold, i love my 2011 but look how the new fusion looks.!! That car look like a $120,000 aston it will fly off the floors if you can fuse the mustang muscle into an aston martin look! ! Wow think mma fighter in james bonds suit
Old 04-18-2012, 06:37 AM
YerBuddy
2nd Gear Member

Pure rumor. It's always the same thing...rumor upon rumor. Just look at the real motor-heads they are quoting: "The Wall Street Journal" and "MSNBC." Yeah, I put a lot of faith in what they write about the Mustang.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:11 AM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

Well I just sure hope that Ford doesn't totally trash a cars name like Government Motors did with the GTO. Yeah, the GTO has some power, but it looks like a fuggin Hyundai! I mean....who in the hell wanted to buy that POS!???
Old 04-18-2012, 07:21 AM
HIS S-197
1st Gear Member

I do not understand all this conjecture when the design for the 2015 Mustang was released way back in '89.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:05 AM
BlackGT45th
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by timmbo
Well I just sure hope that Ford doesn't totally trash a cars name like Government Motors did with the GTO. Yeah, the GTO has some power, but it looks like a fuggin Hyundai! I mean....who in the hell wanted to buy that POS!???
LOL I remember the first time I saw one on the road. He took off and my first thought was "when did Honda start building a V8 hatchback??"

The first pic that was shown, the photoshopped Aston Martin style pic wasn't awful. I think it would make a pretty cool sportscar but to me it just doesn't seem like a mustang.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:34 AM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

I agree the total retro deal has sorta played out.

As for the younger people, around my area most like the mustang but with the economy and lack of jobs, many just cant simply afford them. It doesnt help that they just keep sending the prices up and up. People need something affordable and practical and if you paying 30K+ for a car that isnt very practical there isnt much of a aguement for getting it.

I am 21 and I love mine and many people in my area does, I got mine as a highschool graduation present though or I would most likely just have the truck that I bought myself, the Mustang is out of my budget.

For that redesign, some will love it, some hate it, but if its anything remotely similar to the Evos design I will definitly be buying 05-13 cars because its ugly as crap. We Americans seperated form Europe because we didnt like them, why should they force it down our throats now. I think it will go over like the early SN95's I know some liked them but IMO they didnt start making a nice mustang again until the went to the EDGE bodystyle
Old 04-18-2012, 02:22 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

They need to keep the price high and the practicality low.

That IS how you make a car semi exclusive, and that IS what it should be. A Mustang is a symbol of stability if not moderate success IMO. You don't have a crappy job, 3 kids, no insurance, and an underwater mortgage if you have a Mustang.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:45 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

There are a boatload of "renditions" of what the new (2015) mustang will looks like from:

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/0...be-2015-model/

To

http://jalopnik.com/5901492/2015-for...kers-get-kinky

Nothing is offical so WTFK (Who the F knows). For all we know it could look like a ford Focus. Anyways, point is, until ford themselves "leaks" photos I'm holding opinion.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:48 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by Young_Gun
They need to keep the price high and the practicality low.

That IS how you make a car semi exclusive, and that IS what it should be. A Mustang is a symbol of stability if not moderate success IMO. You don't have a crappy job, 3 kids, no insurance, and an underwater mortgage if you have a Mustang.
No crappy job, Check. Insurance, Check. Up-to-date on my mortgage, Check. Three kids...I have three kids...I shouldn't own a mustang??

Seriously I laugh when people complain that a Mustang is not "practical" for a family with kids. Yes it is, as long as there is ONE vehicle that can tote the kids around, that's all you need. Over practicality is just as silly as not being practical enough.

Quick Reply: Ford Mustang's new European look: A big mistake?