Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-21-2012, 11:49 AM   #1
BeitzelGT
2nd Gear Member

syrius357
Default Test drove a 2013 gt yesterday

OMG!

First time I've been in a 2011+... as soon as I pulled onto the lot, holy crap!! They had it sitting beside a 2012 gt and the 13 (to me anyways) looks 100x better!!

The inside was super nice too, compared to my gf's 2002 mustang, it's not even in the same ballpark as far as fit and finish, quality goes... I had just test drove a loaded VW GTI, and the GT was much nicer, even though the GTI was nice too... had nothing on the stang, except more interior room.

The car is simply amazing... the price they wanted, was not... It had sat. radio, no navi... leather seats, manual.. thats it.. no sunroof... nada.. and was priced at $38,499.. way too much IMO

but a while back, I had put it out of my head due to not having much room.. but me and my gf both said "F the GTI" as soon was we sat in the stang lol. My girl was like "I dont even care if it doesnt have room for when we have kids, this car is just too sexy and badass!"
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
BeitzelGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:51 PM   #2
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 GT Brembo Package

My custom ordered premium Brembo package with glass roof and backup camera was $37,000..and I got around $2,000 in rebates. So..that does sound expensive.

You made a big mistake though. Once you feel that power, it's going to eat at you until you eventually feel like you have to have it
MrSandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:01 PM   #3
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

A VW GTI......really? Say it isnt so....... LOL

Your GF has the right idea, get the stang.

06 Satin Silver GT - Auto...ROUSH M90 CAI, Afco Dual Fan HE, 4.10s,Truetrac, Detroit Rockers, Moroso, DSS DS, TCI Rachet Shifter, PA Deep Pan, Eibach Handling, FR P Springs, Strange Shocks/Struts, J&M UCA/LCA, SS Lines/ EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors w/Reds, Mickey Thompson SC5, Nitto 255/305, 2011 leather, Pypes LT's/H-Pipe, MBRP Resonators, Borla

2014 Pro Street 12.90 Class...Season Points Runner Up
808muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:03 PM   #4
BeitzelGT
2nd Gear Member

syrius357

well, we were thinking gti for long term ideas... kids and such and id have it stage 3... so over 300 to the wheels in it would be fun!

im 6'5 and the mustang had plenty of room, the back of my seat was touching the back seat though lol... which is fine cus ill do a rear seat delete.

its been eating at me way before and my gf never cared but its hit us bad now lol.

through a military program, i was quoted on a premium, glass roof, brembos for 33.5k. ill most likely go base.. though that leather is nice!!! itll be more mod money
BeitzelGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:25 PM   #5
Hotwheelracer
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Ford Mustang

Car seats fit in the back of the stang, I got a 3 and 6 year old. All four of us(wife too) have been in the car together, but honestly not too many times. That's why the wife has the Sequoia.

What happens when you let your 5 year old son pick your screen name? Hotwheelracer happens!
2008 Pony package
Hotwheelracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:40 PM   #6
McDirty
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 08 Mustang GT

You shouldn't worry to much about kids in the back yet. I have a 3 year old in a car seat in the back. We actually do take it out more as a family since it's more fuel efficient than the Mazda. Took it on a family road trip last fall from mass to Florida. When i'm being lazy or if it is raining I like that the car is small enough I can put her in and take her out of the car seat from the driver's seat without really reaching.
McDirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:40 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2013, back, car, carseat, fit, ford, forum, gt, kids, mustang, rear, s5, seat, seats