Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what other parts will i need for my 06 mustang gt

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 08:19 AM
Rainson
3rd Gear Member

The FRPP manifold will add power, but very little with N/A engine... I was about to buy that, but Brenspeed didnt recommend that without FI..
Old 04-24-2012, 09:39 AM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Hotrod cams, BBK longtubes, offroad H or X pipe, no mufflers, SCT tuner with a good dyno tune, FRPP intake, throttle body spacer, 47lb fuel injectors, aluminum one piece drive shaft, cold air intake or shaker system - or ram air.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:11 AM
BlackGT45th
2nd Gear Member

Since you already have the Mac mufflers wrap it up with the whole system (Mac long tubes and matching pro chamber) best sounding exhaust hands down imo. SCT tuner (think about buying from AM or Brenspeed), don't worry about messing with the TB. I'd recommend frpp hotrod cams but I'm sure the thumpr cams are just as reliable. I doubt any fuel system changes will need to be made unless you go FI.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:33 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Don't worry about which SCT as long as you get good tunes written to support ANY of the SCT handhelds. The quality of the tune is what gives you better power and driveability. The handheld is simply a storage device with limited function-changing capabilities of its own.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:20 PM
2006mustanggtowner
1st Gear Member

thanks alot everyone yea i think ill deffinatley do a mac full system and idk well see about the intake when it comes to money i guess haha. also any reviews on the http://www.brenspeed.com/127050.html comp cam. i want to do a cam but dont wanna spend 1100 on it like the thumpr cam would cost. what comes along with putting in a cam just so i know. and yea i used to get 17 18 and i like getting 22 its nice and very suprising i only come onto it when needed
Old 04-24-2012, 06:21 PM
2006mustanggtowner
1st Gear Member

young gun what your horsepower?
Old 04-24-2012, 08:10 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2006mustanggtowner
young gun what your horsepower?
Higher than my income lol

But this summer I'm putting in well over $1500 worth of work, cams this winter, and maybe the Brenspeed 302 rotating assembly next summer.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:09 PM
2006mustanggtowner
1st Gear Member

so i think my parts list has deffinatley changed a little bit heres were i am at now i think im gunna skip the cams but heres were i am at now
-sct tuner
-longtube headers and mac pro chamber
-what size throttle body would make a diffrence is the bbk 62mm any good
-42 pound injectors( what maf sensor would i need i have a jlt intake that has a maf sensor in it already not sure if its diffrent then stock tho)

young gun did the frpp intake make a diffrence? and i think i am skipping the cam
also what would i be looking at for power
Old 04-25-2012, 11:39 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

You don't need injectors and if you buy a throttle body spacer you will have wasted X amount of money. I would stay away from the BBK throttle body as well. I have not heard a good review about it. If you're set on getting a throttle body go with Ford Racing. Yes, it's a bit more pricey but it's a much better piece. I love mine. Do yourself a favor and read through the reviews of items you are potentially looking to purchase on sites like American Muscle and Late Model Restoration. Chances are, if people have had trouble with an item, they will inform others and vice versa.

You're list looks pretty good. Just look into other options instead of the injectors and BBK. You don't need to upgrade the MAF with a JLT intake.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:46 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2006mustanggtowner
so i think my parts list has deffinatley changed a little bit heres were i am at now i think im gunna skip the cams but heres were i am at now
-sct tuner
-longtube headers and mac pro chamber
-what size throttle body would make a diffrence is the bbk 62mm any good
-42 pound injectors( what maf sensor would i need i have a jlt intake that has a maf sensor in it already not sure if its diffrent then stock tho)

young gun did the frpp intake make a diffrence? and i think i am skipping the cam
also what would i be looking at for power
I don't have one, but I've driven a car that has. No difference to me. I think the major advantage is that if you go with a centrifugal (Vortec, Procharger) supercharger, it can handle more pressure.

Quick Reply: what other parts will i need for my 06 mustang gt