Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I buy a 2011 GT with voided warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 09:19 AM
dirtychamba
2nd Gear Member

Have ANY of you ever had a great buy at a good ridiculous great price?

Or is the saying "if the price is too good to be true, then it is" always count for cars ?
Old 04-28-2012, 10:56 AM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dirtychamba

Or is the saying "if the price is too good to be true, then it is" always count for cars ?
DISCLAIMER: I will apologize in advance because it is hard to convey meaning on typed forums the way it can be done face to face (with the benefit of visual and non spoken cues). This is not meant in a condescending way, but without the non spoken aspects of this question, it will probably come out that way.

How old are you? It is my experience as I have gotten older (I'm now 36 btw) that for every saying there is an exception. That said, your capitalizing of "ANY" indicates that you either don't realize that there are truly exceptions to the rules or that you are still trying to justify to yourself the deal... I'm sure that there is someone, somewhere (maybe here, maybe a different forum) that did get a tremendous deal of the century on their car. The problem is that for every single person that can chime in and say "Yup! I got a [Whatever] for [super low, unbelievable price]" that there will likely be a thousand who will say "I got screwed."

Could this mustang you were looking at be a steal of the century? Sure. But highly unlikely.

Now to better questions... How are you liking the SRT8 Charger? Got any pics? What kind of deal did you get on that one?

Don
Old 04-29-2012, 12:22 PM
dirtychamba
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BigDinTexas
DISCLAIMER: I will apologize in advance because it is hard to convey meaning on typed forums the way it can be done face to face (with the benefit of visual and non spoken cues). This is not meant in a condescending way, but without the non spoken aspects of this question, it will probably come out that way.

How old are you? It is my experience as I have gotten older (I'm now 36 btw) that for every saying there is an exception. That said, your capitalizing of "ANY" indicates that you either don't realize that there are truly exceptions to the rules or that you are still trying to justify to yourself the deal... I'm sure that there is someone, somewhere (maybe here, maybe a different forum) that did get a tremendous deal of the century on their car. The problem is that for every single person that can chime in and say "Yup! I got a [Whatever] for [super low, unbelievable price]" that there will likely be a thousand who will say "I got screwed."

Could this mustang you were looking at be a steal of the century? Sure. But highly unlikely.

Now to better questions... How are you liking the SRT8 Charger? Got any pics? What kind of deal did you get on that one?

Don
Don, i meant "ANY" in a sarcastic manner because everyone was quick to say no to this car, but with great reason.

But i would like to thank all of you again, I just turned 20 years old last week so i don't think i have a lot of experience with the exremely risky business.

Although, i have owned 5 mustangs since the age of 16 (99 V6, 01 GT, 01 GT, 05 GT, 03 COBRA) AND REALLY WANTED to stay in the mustang family so was hesitant on the srt8 but i decided to get it and maybe pick like an 01-06 GT within the year. (BTW i am not some spoiled kid whos parents buy them everything, i work 40 hours a week, plus tips so have earned all these cars myself before any judging)

I got the srt8 for 22k....50,000 miles, clean title, all options,
Full suspension done, (sway bars, springs, shocks/struts, inlinks, etc)
Predator tuned, full mopar catback, cai intake, oil catcher, cold head brackets, 22 inch oemsatin black srt wheels...that's about all that comes to mind.

I'm 100% happy with it, it looks badass, drives smooth, picks up power quick for the size. It is a little low but hey i'm used to it
Old 04-29-2012, 12:35 PM
Shift
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dirtychamba

My mustang has a story behind it with regards to good pricing. Found it at a dealer in late 2010 on their used lot. 2008 Ford Mustang GT Torch Red, painted matte stripes, blower, CAI, premium base, tuned, had about 380 rwhp, manual trans, Roush package. Sticker price was 8 thousand higher than what I had printed off an auto website. Whether the price online was a mistake idk but they were trying to sell it for the high price. Walked in showed them the sheet and they honored the car at 8 grand off. Nothing wrong with it at all. Babied by previous owner. Love it to death, and since I got it she has gotten a hurst, cams, xpipe, new exhausts, interior mods, engine bay dress up, new tune, and next getting 3.73 gears. Good little story that worked in my favor and couldn't be happier. In conclusion the price they wanted was deff not too good to be true, but that I caught them off guard with the price from the auto site.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:18 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Dealers don't sell a car for cheap, with no warranty, unless there is a problem with it.

Why didn't you just ask why the factory warranty isn't still intact?

Why are these new 5.0's cracking pistons with an intake/tune? I sure don't remember any of the 4.6 motors doing that.