Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coyote 5.0 insane RPM

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 04:44 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

yeah.. something wouldn't seem right to me if people are denied warranty from a piston#8 issue because of a cai+tune, yet mrblack2012gt gets a new one because someone shifted into the wrong gear. although both are a result of an action taken by the owner or driver, you wouldn't expect the cai+tune to be an issue, especially when thousands of people are doing the same thing without a problem.

also, mrblack2012gt, i expect you'll be denied warranty coverage on it once they get all the info sorted out and what is wrong with it. if not congrats on getting a freebie. if so, I hope you or your dad is prepared for a $3,000+ repair bill
Old 04-26-2012, 04:48 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mishri
yeah.. something wouldn't seem right to me if people are denied warranty from a piston#8 issue because of a cai+tune, yet mrblack2012gt gets a new one because someone shifted into the wrong gear. although both are a result of an action taken by the owner or driver, you wouldn't expect the cai+tune to be an issue, especially when thousands of people are doing the same thing without a problem.

also, mrblack2012gt, i expect you'll be denied warranty coverage on it once they get all the info sorted out and what is wrong with it. if not congrats on getting a freebie. if so, I hope you or your dad is prepared for a $3,000+ repair bill
I think the difference here is that when you add a tune/cai, you're inherently modding the car to do more than it was designed to do.

As an example, the Subie STI tunes are notoriously terrible from the factory, and aftermarket tunes have been shown to be much safer. But if your engine goes, whether or not it was the tune's fault, you're paying.

The people modding their cars like we do are still a small minority of overall Mustang owners.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:08 PM
MrBlack2012GT

Originally Posted by Chromeshadow
If you want your car to make the shifting decisions for you, get an auto. I don't want a nanny shifting for me, that is why I bought a manual.
I actually learned to drive a standard in our 2012 5.0 last month when we got it, and after a month of driving it, I drove this v6 pony they gave us while they're busy with the GT in the shop, it's an auto, and I didn't like it at all. I tried to put the invisible clutch to the floor to start it, I kept trying to clutch when slowing for a red light, things like that. I felt a total lack of control over the rpm's and gears....I originally learned to drive automatics when I first started driving but I can't stand them now. I don't blame anyone for driving an auto BUT it really bothers me to drive one after driving the manual GT for only a month.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:31 PM
MrBlack2012GT

Originally Posted by Mishri

From experience, I think Ford is the sort of company that takes everything into consideration. For example, we've bought quite a few Ford vehicles from this very dealership, never had any mechanical problems with any of them, always payed the notes on time and even payed off an explorer in one lump sum, very good credit, etc. I think they can see the big picture, that they've made ALOT of money from us as customers, which far outweighs the cost of an engine.

I'm hoping they'll assume we will remain Ford customers unless they make a stink about the warranty. After all, our Mustang has never even been to a track, never hit the speed limiter etc., We actually babied it for the first 2,000 miles, kept it under 4k rpm to let everything get seated and broken in properly. Although the kid who unloaded the car and checked everything took a video of him doing a burnout at 6k rpm in it the day before we bought it, then showed us the video after we signed the papers lol. Anyway i'm just thinking out loud here, I guess i'm kinda rambling.

Also, thanks everyone, for taking the time to stop by.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:41 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Well, good luck.

Don
Old 04-26-2012, 05:58 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

He should have started in 3rd. Who races in 4th gear?
Old 04-26-2012, 06:09 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MrBlack2012GT
Although the kid who unloaded the car and checked everything took a video of him doing a burnout at 6k rpm in it the day before we bought it, then showed us the video after we signed the papers lol. Anyway i'm just thinking out loud here, I guess i'm kinda rambling.

Lol maybe I AM an *** because if some employee showed me a video of THEM doing a burnout in MY car I'd be pretty pissed. Just seems disrespectful. But hey, when I go and test drive a car I know I'm not going to buy (wrong color, options, etc) I am respectful because I know that's someone's future car. I know stuff happens that I'll probably never know about, but seems like a real stoner moment to do that, film it, and then show the buyer what fun you had in his/her car.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:12 PM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MrBlack2012GT
Although the kid who unloaded the car and checked everything took a video of him doing a burnout at 6k rpm in it the day before we bought it, then showed us the video after we signed the papers lol. Anyway i'm just thinking out loud here, I guess i'm kinda rambling.

Also, thanks everyone, for taking the time to stop by.
I would have casually asked for a copy of it. Then gone to the manager and show him it. And say if anything messes up it is on this dumbass kid

Last edited by Lem-06; 04-26-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:10 PM
MrBlack2012GT

Originally Posted by moosestang
He should have started in 3rd. Who races in 4th gear?
He did start in 3rd. Snatched 4th, and got 3rd again instead of 5th. Keep in mind we were on our way home from Florida running on 15-20 hours without sleep
Old 04-26-2012, 07:12 PM
MrBlack2012GT

Originally Posted by BigDinTexas
Well, good luck.

Don
Thanks man. That's an awesome looking five-oh you got there too, forgot to mention that earlier! Very nice.

Quick Reply: Coyote 5.0 insane RPM