Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crutchfield on par with AM

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 11:17 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Default Crutchfield on par with AM

So, maybe a few of you remember that I was researching speakers and head units to put in the ride due to the fact that my old speakers were on their way out. Long story short, a couple of members suggested I tried out crutchfield.com as they have everything I need to get the install done myself. They did, and I couldn't have been happier with my choice; great speakers, easy installation instructions, and fast shipping.

Well, a good company is only a good company if they support their customers after the sale, right?

This week, my head unit was having some... technical difficulties. For example, I can't reset the system (I'm sure I could if I disconnected the battery... don't know why I didn't think of this earlier) and half of the buttons don't perform their intended operations.

I called crutchfield and asked if there was an easy fix to this solution and described my problem. Well, Brent heard me out as I calmly asked what could be done, confirmed my shipping address, and told me to expect a replacement next week! I was atonished that it was that easy and the service reps actually want to make things right. The reason why I compare them to americanmuscle.com? I never thought I'd come across a company that had customer service on par with AmericanMuscle.

I'm proud to have done business with them, and definitely plan on doing more business with them in the future. You just don't see good, helpful, down-to-Earth customer service anymore, and I plan on rewarding that business plan with being a return customer.

Just felt like I'd help spread the word. If you're looking for a new audio system, consider Crutchfield.

PS: I'm not getting anything for this "review", just thought this might help someone.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:25 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

I ****ing love companies like this. Crutchfield is awesome - haven't bought from them yet, but I plan to when I get a new HU. I love their website. Over the top customer service is the most important part of growing a business and these guys get it.. along with AM.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:09 AM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

+1 to crutchfield! I bought some infinity kappa speakers for my door from them and they were awesome. Packaging was superb, time from purchase to shipping was barely 1 day, great service overall.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:12 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

I will be purchasing my Stealthbox from them down the road. Heard nothing but good reviews!
Old 04-28-2012, 12:15 AM
GstangT
3rd Gear Member

Yup. I bought a lot of my audio components from crutchfield. Excellent products, great prices, and best of all, great service. Matter of fact, I have some audio components that I bought from Crutchfield that I'm selling in the classifieds section
Old 04-28-2012, 02:25 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

I've always heard good things about Crutchfield, glad you had a good experience!
Old 04-28-2012, 06:18 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I've been dealing with Crutchfield for over 30 years. Their customer service seems to get better and better and their prices have become much more competative lately.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:31 AM
McDirty
1st Gear Member

I also find it amazing that they include installation parts for most cars and step by step install instructions. Some places have no shame in jacking up the margin by more than 2000% of the cost of a dash kit or wire harness.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:53 AM
06stangia
1st Gear Member

Both companies are great.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:52 AM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Let me add another thumbs up for Crutchfield. They have great prices and fantastic customer service. Their tech guys are tops if you have any questions or problems. Like Nuke said, I've been dealing with them for many years and haven't had any problems. I like the fact that if you buy a radio from them they include free the installation kit and wiring adapters.

Quick Reply: Crutchfield on par with AM