Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got involved in a fender-bender pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 10:39 AM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

In your sig you have a chin spoiler, is it the fiberglass one from american muscle? How'd that hold up to the accident?
Old 04-30-2012, 12:09 PM
tire31539
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
In your sig you have a chin spoiler, is it the fiberglass one from american muscle? How'd that hold up to the accident?
That was a Fang chin spoiler, but it was comparable to the fiberglass one from american muscle. Honestly, get the cdc one made of plastic. That fiberglass does not give at all, so it doesn't bend, it just breaks if you hit a pretty good pot hole. I had to fiberglass that thing back together so many times that I finally took it off.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:41 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tire31539
That was a Fang chin spoiler, but it was comparable to the fiberglass one from american muscle. Honestly, get the cdc one made of plastic. That fiberglass does not give at all, so it doesn't bend, it just breaks if you hit a pretty good pot hole. I had to fiberglass that thing back together so many times that I finally took it off.
Oh god... I bought the fiberglass one off AM already haha, kinda late now I guess, but any tips on keeping that thing from shattering?

My car's not lowered or anything if that matters.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:52 PM
Old Mustanger
3rd Gear Member

Hey guys, it's been a while since I posted here, but I thought I'd share some pics of a little incident I was involved in recently. My apartment complex shares a parking garage with a restaurant, and as I was on my was to work one morning a frustrated employee was taking her lunch break and decided to back out of her spot without looking behind her. When I saw her reverse lights come on I knew she didn't have room, so I came to a stop, and before I could throw it in reverse or honk the horn...bam. The best part was the fact that she came out screaming and cursing at me like it was my fault. That's ok though, because she got a ticket for failing to yield and her insurance is reimbursing be for my deductible (cops can't assign fault on private property so I had to file a claim with my own insurance). Getting it fixed tomorrow, total repair cost is close to $2800.

I snuck down a snapped a pic of the car that hit me. A f****** 99 dodge neon. The bitch stepped out and said "This is a brand new car." I just looked at her and rolled my eyes, no sense in arguing with people who clearly don't have a clue. She just needs a new taillight. My repair bill would have totaled this car. I hope that cigarette she was lighting when she was backing up was worth it.
Similar thing happened to me a couple months ago. Was in a single lane drive at the local courthouse... A Dodge Caravan rear ended me. She jumped out cussing about how I cut her off from the "other lane" (there was only one lane). Cop didn't buy it, neither did the insurance company. Did over $3k damage to the Caravan. Luckily I was driving the wife's H3 so she just bent the license plate a little. The van had a perfect indentation of my spare tire on her hood, priceless.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:41 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Thanks for the pic and the warning!
I will be sure to keep my eyes pealed and avoid driving anywhere near a "NEW" blue dodge neon with a broken passenger tail light. LOL
Good to hear you are getting it all worked out. ;-)
Old 04-30-2012, 02:02 PM
tire31539
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
Oh god... I bought the fiberglass one off AM already haha, kinda late now I guess, but any tips on keeping that thing from shattering?

My car's not lowered or anything if that matters.
Just be careful....maybe watch some youtube videos on how to fiberglass haha.

You may not have any issues, but mine was more of an ordeal that it was worth.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:11 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Originally Posted by 07BLACKGT
Should have stabbed her in the face.

go to her house and explode it.

I laughed so hard I snorted.

Anyways, OP sorry to see that. Do you have any plans for a GT or CS bumper? If you have to replace parts you might as well get something out of it.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:24 PM
hwm3
3rd Gear Member

Ouch. That sucks.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:38 PM
tire31539
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tanner05
I laughed so hard I snorted.

Anyways, OP sorry to see that. Do you have any plans for a GT or CS bumper? If you have to replace parts you might as well get something out of it.
I thought about it, but the GT bumper doesn't look right to me unless you can do the side skirts and rear bumper as well, and I just don't have the capital for all that. And I needed my car back pretty quickly, I'm graduating from college this weekend and have some out of town functions to attend to shortly thereafter.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:42 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Just be careful....maybe watch some youtube videos on how to fiberglass haha.

You may not have any issues, but mine was more of an ordeal that it was worth.
Lol thanks man, I appreciate the heads up! I might just return it and try the urethane one instead...

Quick Reply: Got involved in a fender-bender pics