Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I tuned???

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 09:40 PM
defiance
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CPTCO
Are you reading my mind??? Just ordered the SF3/X3 and mirror covers and chrom seat releases (one is missing), and a cool plug for the power point that will probably add at least 5 hp! Heard someone complaining about their wife making them sell a car, just laughed and said my wife just let me buy one. Kind of lucky that this car already had around $1000 worth of mods.
You got a good start, exhaust and CAI is already done, thats a pretty penny saved right there.

Next thing you know, you will be moving your wife out in the garage and the car into the bedroom.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:43 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by F0RD4LifE
You got a good start, exhaust and CAI is already done, thats a pretty penny saved right there.

Next thing you know, you will be moving your wife out in the garage and the car into the bedroom.
Nah...that exhaust pipe is too HOT!

Forgot about the wheels and tires, that's probably the most expensive mod right there.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:49 PM
defiance
3rd Gear Member

Nah...that exhaust pipe is too HOT!

Forgot about the wheels and tires, that's probably the most expensive mod right there.
LOL, I prefer the gas tank, not so hot. Anyways...year a good set of tires and wheels is a bit more. Man you really do have a good start. Especially if you like the wheels and the sound of the exhaust.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:49 PM
Shift
2nd Gear Member

Are you reading my mind??? Just ordered the SF3/X3 and mirror covers and chrom seat releases (one is missing), and a cool plug for the power point that will probably add at least 5 hp! Heard someone complaining about their wife making them sell a car, just laughed and said my wife just let me buy one. Kind of lucky that this car already had around $1000 worth of mods.
You'll soon realize that one thousand won't seem all too much when the infamous mod bug hits. I just blew through 1,200 in the past 3 days. You'll unfortunately see how easy the thing can suck your money up just sitting there.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:57 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JJP SuperStang
You'll soon realize that one thousand won't seem all too much when the infamous mod bug hits. I just blew through 1,200 in the past 3 days. You'll unfortunately see how easy the thing can suck your money up just sitting there.
You're probably right there. Had a Jeep once upon a time, it was sort of the same way, lift here, wheels and tires there, adds up so fast. Kind of figure I'll stop for a while after the tuner. Otherwise I'll end up in a church basement saying, "Hi my name is Chris and I'm a modaholic."
Old 04-29-2012, 10:02 PM
Shift
2nd Gear Member

You're probably right there. Had a Jeep once upon a time, it was sort of the same way, lift here, wheels and tires there, adds up so fast. Kind of figure I'll stop for a while after the tuner. Otherwise I'll end up in a church basement saying, "Hi my name is Chris and I'm a modaholic."
You say you'll be done after the tuner... But you won't.... You won't be done... Never will you, I nearly guarantee it. It takes a strong individual to resist doing more after their last mod. I said I was done after cams, exhaust, and xpipe. Here I am now writing checks for 3.73 gears, belts, tensioners, pedals, struts, interior mods and engine dress up. I'll probably end up doing springs and headers soon. Oh god, when will it end!?!?
Old 04-29-2012, 10:04 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

I thought I was done........then I bought a new freakin car....but seriously, this time I'm done,lol. Nice car, I like white with blue trim, it looks to be in great shape also.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:16 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2008GT/CSBuckeye
I thought I was done........then I bought a new freakin car....but seriously, this time I'm done,lol. Nice car, I like white with blue trim, it looks to be in great shape also.
Thanks, I was originally looking for silver w/black, but then found this one. Not a scratch on her.
That Boss is sweet! Something about a car that says what it is right on the side.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:46 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JJP SuperStang
Oh god, when will it end!?!?
Maybe I need a second mortgage.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:20 PM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

nice lookin car! Nice find too esp a 05 with such low mileage.

I am curious about something though...
you bought the car "sight unseen" is one thing, but you did in fact buy the car, which would mean that money exchanged hands, which means you would have to know who you were giving the money to, or known where you were going to get the car??? Am i missing something here?
My point is, have you no way of contacting the previous owner and finding out EXACTLY what was done to it? Even buying sight unseen, there's usually a few basic questions, like mileage, does it run? what have you done to it?

personally, i think it would be well worth it to get the car reprogrammed to stock once you get the new handheld (then reflash with the new tune). I know this would mean finding the stock parts to refit, but it may be small peice of mind. From the mods you listed-and know of-i'm guessing you'd prob just need the airbox. I guess it's really up to you and what you are comfortable with...
The other problem(s) you have at the moment is, you don't even know what octane that tune is set for, so i hope you're running at least 91 or 93, nor do you know if the gears were changed, so i'd get the handheld and get all of the readings from the car BEFORE you even consider getting a tune.

Moving forward, you'll just have to realize this is your starting block and you may never be able to take the car back to OEM without having a Ford dealer reflash it. Or you can just leave it the way it is and be happy with it =)

Quick Reply: Am I tuned???