Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Advancetrac 2011 V6

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 03:26 PM
BigRedStang
1st Gear Member

Default Service Advancetrac 2011 V6

Howdy folks, quick question for you!

So, I painted my calipers about a week and a half ago now. About a week ago my Service advance trac light came on, and another control light as well. I started my car up in the morning on my way to work, drove to work, parked, turned off the car then turned it back on. The lights went off. The next morning, same thing. I got in my car, turned it on, lights came on so i restarted and they where gone. The lights have skipped 2 days and went back on again this morning but disappeared again with a restart.

I would like to get this fixed before my tuner arrives on thursday and i have no clue if this could have anything to do with painting the calipers? Could I have painted over a sensor? Where are the sensors actually located. Thanks in advance!
Old 04-30-2012, 05:23 PM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

did you not put the wheels back on the same hubs they came off of? you may need to have the tpms reset by someone at the dealership, usually for free or very cheap

although im not 100% positive the computer would mess up if you did put them on the wrong hubs or if it should detect it its self without reprogramming , or if this actually could have anything to do with your issue

Last edited by Andy13186; 04-30-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:26 PM
BigRedStang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Andy13186
did you not put the wheels back on the same hubs they came off of? you may need to have it reset by someone at the dealership, usually for free or very cheap
They where taken off one at a time, and placed back on when the painting was done. I just scheduled an apppointment for friday, we'll see what they say.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:20 PM
corruptor

Originally Posted by Andy13186
did you not put the wheels back on the same hubs they came off of? you may need to have the tpms reset by someone at the dealership, usually for free or very cheap

although im not 100% positive the computer would mess up if you did put them on the wrong hubs or if it should detect it its self without reprogramming , or if this actually could have anything to do with your issue
How does having the wheels on different hubs cause AdvanceTrac issues? Wouldn't it cause anyone who rotated their tires to have the service light come on?

OP - first check your brake fluid reserve and make sure it is not low. If it is low, you may have inadvertently loosened one of the brake lines while removing the caliper. You should also look through each caliper and tighten all the bolts you can visually see.

Have you noticed any odd braking behavior - either through the brake pedal or any added noises?
Old 04-30-2012, 06:22 PM
BigRedStang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by corruptor
How does having the wheels on different hubs cause AdvanceTrac issues? Wouldn't it cause anyone who rotated their tires to have the service light come on?

OP - first check your brake fluid reserve and make sure it is not low. If it is low, you may have inadvertently loosened one of the brake lines while removing the caliper. You should also look through each caliper and tighten all the bolts you can visually see.

Have you noticed any odd braking behavior - either through the brake pedal or any added noises?
I have not noticed any difference in breaking, i'll check the fluids.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:52 PM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

Getting paint on a sensor is my first thought. Do you feel the traction or abs kicking in while you're driving?
Old 04-30-2012, 07:24 PM
BigRedStang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mph07alloy
Getting paint on a sensor is my first thought. Do you feel the traction or abs kicking in while you're driving?
I feel no difference in driving other then normal. no change in control or breaking, nothing kicking in.

If anyone has a picture of the sensors locations, i would be incredibly grateful. I can then go check to see if something was accidently painted over.