Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dont get burned

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 12:02 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Default Dont get burned

I had been looking for GT CS wheels for a while when I came across a set on another site that is forums. Funny how the engine for the website is the same and a lot of the layout is similar...I thought it might be run by the same guys who are gracious enough to bring us the MF's...

Anyway I find this set of GT CS wheels that are exactly what Im looking for. They are in brand new condition with new tires and I know for a fact the ad said they had TPMS sensors. We worked the deal and reached an agreement so I bought them and they were shipped. I had them shipped to work and unfortunately they arrived the day I was going on vacation to the Caribbean. So they say at work unmolested because my group has a secure storage area.

I get back and the tires are there in all the shipping packages unmolested. I take them home and the next night get them on. Well, I start getting an alarm about the TPMS, but I have a sync tool. Life intervenes and it isnt until a week later that this morning I brought the tool to work and I go to sync them on my break and it wont work at all. Thinking its the tool, I goto a Discount Tire and the manager whips out this big tool and the tool says it's not getting anything for a reading on either front tire, declaring there's no TPMS sensors. He pulls the drivers wheel, breaks the bead and sure as hell, there's no TPMS sensor in there.

I get home and decide to be cool, so I call this guy in Texas and told him what has happened and he claims that they were in there. That he went and got new Foose wheels the next day after he bought his 2012 new and installed them and never synced anything and has never had any problems. I did a pretty good job restraining myself on the call because he's claiming the car never had any to begin with from the factory.

I went back to the forum to see if his post was there and lo and behold, it's been deleted. Now I either have to find new TPMS sensors or get the ones pulled from my other wheels and installed on these so at minimum I'm out $100 to have them switched over.

Just goes to show you, get everything in writing and in your hands. I gave him the chance to do me right on the sensors and he kept claiming "Im not trying to screw anyone over here" but sure as heck, he did me.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:13 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Quick update...I dug a little further and found the original posting. It says copied from the other forum's site....
"Location: Houston, TX 77379
Items being sold: Set of 2011+ GT/CS Wheels off a 2012 GT/CS. 36.6 miles on them. Wrapped in Pirelli PZero Nero tires, 19/245. Still have all factory stickers and markings on them. Gray Metallic paint and machined metal 2-tone. Center caps and tire sensors included. Absolutely perfect condition.
Price: $1600 (Negotiable) +Shipping
Pictures of item:"

TIRE SENSORS!! REALLY?!?! I really need to take a chill pill.

Fortunately I have faith in the MF's Done several transactions with folks here and have always been happy either as buyer or seller.

Last edited by wcgman; 05-01-2012 at 12:15 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:16 AM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

Oh I know, I got screwed on some light on here recently. They box was marked H13's and they were supposed to be for my headlights.

I opened them up to put them in the other day. The plastic bulb protectors say H10's and they wouldnt fit the li headlight housing or anything. So I trying to get rid of them because I have heard they fit S197 Fogs and other vehicles of course.

Its sucks I know I just hope I can get my money back out of these things because I dont have and dont plan on having fogs.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:16 AM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

That sucks, how'd you pay the guy?
Old 05-01-2012, 12:32 AM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

I paid by check, basically I am stuck unless I can sell them to someone for what they really are.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:43 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

I did Paypal but he fed me a story about doing it as a gift instead of as a transaction...that should have been my first clue. Basically I don't have a leg to stand on. I have considered bringing this up on the other forum but is 100 to 200 bucks worth ruining someone's reputation when they've got a lot of positive feedback and what if on the tiny chance that he's telling the truth...

If he is then that means there are other 2012's out there without TPMS sensors and Ford is breaking the law.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:15 AM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
I did Paypal but he fed me a story about doing it as a gift instead of as a transaction...that should have been my first clue. Basically I don't have a leg to stand on. I have considered bringing this up on the other forum but is 100 to 200 bucks worth ruining someone's reputation when they've got a lot of positive feedback and what if on the tiny chance that he's telling the truth...

If he is then that means there are other 2012's out there without TPMS sensors and Ford is breaking the law.
IMO, bring it up on the other forum.

They weren't there from the factory? I doubt it. Even if that is true, he advertised them with sensors and they weren't there. He should pay for the cost of sensors and their installation.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:34 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Art161
IMO, bring it up on the other forum.

They weren't there from the factory? I doubt it. Even if that is true, he advertised them with sensors and they weren't there. He should pay for the cost of sensors and their installation.
This made me lose a lot of sleep last night until I remembered something. I may have made the initial payment through PayPal, but I paid my PayPal with my AMEX just in case something like this happened. AMEX has always taken care of me and now, this jerk is gonna have something comin'. He WILL be paying for those sensors and their install because AMEX is now going to go after PayPal who will in turn likely go after him.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:30 AM
chain1
4th Gear Member

I wish I would have known you were looking for GT/CS wheels. You could have had mine WITH sensors for half that price. My fault for not getting them posted in the classifieds. Stupid laziness...
Old 05-01-2012, 10:16 AM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

You shouldn't have paid more than $400...for those stock wheels! I think you are owning them now!!

Quick Reply: Dont get burned