Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Roush got some new shoes!

Old 05-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Roush05
3rd Gear Member

Default The Roush got some new shoes!

I had her detailed today as well, so I took a few pictures to see what you guys think. I didn't have a scenic place to shoot like a lot of you guys, so the best you guys get is my driveway. I put a pair of new Nitto NT555 275/40/18 in the rear. Definitely has a lot more grip than the 255 Riken Raptors that I took off lol. Any appearance mods that I have overlooked? Next up, headers?

Last edited by Roush05; 05-01-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:11 PM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Looks good man, love those wheels!

Originally Posted by Roush05
Any appearance mods that I have overlooked?
DROP ASAP!!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Shift
2nd Gear Member

Very nice! Welcome to the Nitto club!
Old 05-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Roush05
3rd Gear Member

Thanks man, but I'd trade them for some 9.5 or 10"s in a heartbeat :P Although I saw grabber blue gt's TSW Nurburgrings in matte black and they look similar to these. Makes me want to powdercoat mine(but then I think, "That's $400 that could go to engine mods!").

I am clueless on how to go about dropping it. Is there a noob guide or a basic product I should be looking at? Will that sort of suspension upgrade help with launches?

edit: ^^^^^^^ Thanks man! I gave them a couple 3/4 throttle tests and they stuck a whole lot better than my other tires. I'd be interested to see what kind of 0-60 increase they held.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:18 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

looks sweet
Old 05-01-2012, 05:36 PM
Shift
2nd Gear Member

Thanks man, but I'd trade them for some 9.5 or 10"s in a heartbeat :P Although I saw grabber blue gt's TSW Nurburgrings in matte black and they look similar to these. Makes me want to powdercoat mine(but then I think, "That's $400 that could go to engine mods!").

I am clueless on how to go about dropping it. Is there a noob guide or a basic product I should be looking at? Will that sort of suspension upgrade help with launches?

edit: ^^^^^^^ Thanks man! I gave them a couple 3/4 throttle tests and they stuck a whole lot better than my other tires. I'd be interested to see what kind of 0-60 increase they held.
Having owned NT555's for two years I can give you a little spiel.
For one they simply look BA in that their beefy and the tread is cool.
In dry performance they are awesome, they are sticky, grip well, and you can put em through a lot of s**t :P
In wet performance you can slip if you try, especially with enough power. I run TCS off, and in rain with nearly 420 RWHP my stang gets tail happy off lights at times.
In snow/ice they SUCK but hey that is not what they are for but if you find some nice lots of ice like I did last year, sliding and drifting is made easy!
Old 05-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Roush05
3rd Gear Member

Thanks man. The mod bug left me alone for a while and I thought I was cured, but now it's back and I've been bitten hard. I think that within the next month or so I can have an extra $500 or so to play with. I'm more into performance mods than anything else. I would like a cam like a ***** Thumpr, but that's around 1k and then install price on top of that. That really leaves headers as the next logical step, doesn't it? If I get a set of LTs, I'm gonna have to have my O/R H pipe cut back a bit.

Anyway, I'm looking for suggestions. A supercharger is really unrealistic right now unless I were to win the lottery. I just got approved for a scholarship that *SHOULD* leave me with $1700 a semester in spending money, but that will most likely go towards food/gas/living expenses.

EDIT: ^^^^^^^^ You keep ninja posting haha! The good news is that if you check my location, it doesn't snow ever, and there is never ice on the roads. It got below 40 a total of maybe 10 times this past winter. So I am lucky in that I should be able to run this tire all year round with no real problems. As far as the rain, if I had to guess I am probably only at 300 RWHP if that,and I avoid driving in the rain unless I'm caught in it and I have to.

And I agree with you, I love the way the sidewall looks! You said you run TCS off all the time? Why is that?

Last edited by Roush05; 05-01-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:38 PM
mayo
4th Gear Member

The basics needed for a drop done right are...

Springs
Shocks/Struts
Upgraded Strut mounts
Panhard bar...to center the rear of car over axel after drop.

That's about it man, easy to do yourself with simple hand tools...and yea it will help your handling performance all round. Head over to the handling section and do some research. If you have a question, holla!
Old 05-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Shift
2nd Gear Member

Thanks man. The mod bug left me alone for a while and I thought I was cured, but now it's back and I've been bitten hard. I think that within the next month or so I can have an extra $500 or so to play with. I'm more into performance mods than anything else. I would like a cam like a ***** Thumpr, but that's around 1k and then install price on top of that. That really leaves headers as the next logical step, doesn't it? If I get a set of LTs, I'm gonna have to have my O/R H pipe cut back a bit.

Anyway, I'm looking for suggestions. A supercharger is really unrealistic right now unless I were to win the lottery. I just got approved for a scholarship that *SHOULD* leave me with $1700 a semester in spending money, but that will most likely go towards food/gas/living expenses.
500 can be easy to blow haha. But if you dont have 3.73 gears, nice short throw, or tune + cai I'd definitely invest the 500 toward one of those.
Edit: Read you sig and you seem to have all 3 I stated down :P otherwise I'd do some suspension or a nice exhaust/xpipe setup. My xpipe was about 300, and my exhaust 800 but you dont have to do what I did. X pipe can yield a few hp and make the car louder by freeing up to 40% more airflow.

Last edited by Shift; 05-01-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Roush05
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mayo
The basics needed for a drop done right are...

Springs
Shocks/Struts
Upgraded Strut mounts
Panhard bar...to center the rear of car over axel after drop.

That's about it man, easy to do yourself with simple hand tools...and yea it will help your handling performance all round. Head over to the handling section and do some research. If you have a question, holla!
I'll most likely be PMing you soon. I will look into it now, thanks!
Originally Posted by JJP SuperStang
500 can be easy to blow haha. But if you dont have 3.73 gears, nice short throw, or tune + cai I'd definitely invest the 500 toward one of those.
Edit: Read you sig and you seem to have all 3 I stated down :P otherwise I'd do some suspension or a nice exhaust/xpipe setup. My xpipe was about 300, and my exhaust 800 but you dont have to do what I did. X pipe can yield a few hp and make the car louder by freeing up to 40% more airflow.
I have an offroad H pipe as well. And one thing I would like to ask. I THINK I have a short throw, but I'm not sure. What does it look like vs a regular shifter? noob question, sorry.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Roush got some new shoes!