Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 Shaker CD player jammed

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 05:54 PM
ironmind2012

Default 2006 Shaker CD player jammed

Hello MF. Just joined and this is first post ever. Very glad to find this place. Hope this is the right place to ask this question.
Just bought a 2006 Mustang convertible with the Shaker1000 6 CD changer. It worked fine for a couple weeks but now is jammed with 2 cds in it. It is making a loud clicking sound when I drive it. Took it to a sound shop and they told me there is no way to unjam it and need to install a whole new CD player.
Is there any way I can fix this problem short of tearing it out and putting a whole new system in?
Is this Shaker CD player junk, as some have suggested to me?
Thank you for any help you can give me.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:20 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ironmind2012
Hello MF. Just joined and this is first post ever. Very glad to find this place. Hope this is the right place to ask this question.
Just bought a 2006 Mustang convertible with the Shaker1000 6 CD changer. It worked fine for a couple weeks but now is jammed with 2 cds in it. It is making a loud clicking sound when I drive it. Took it to a sound shop and they told me there is no way to unjam it and need to install a whole new CD player.
Is there any way I can fix this problem short of tearing it out and putting a whole new system in?
Is this Shaker CD player junk, as some have suggested to me?
Thank you for any help you can give me.
Sorry to hear, I have not heard of them jamming like you are describing but I'm sure you aren't the first. Yes the Shaker is pretty much a piece of crap. My Shaker 500 would randomly skip songs, and other weird glitches. I am sure someone will chime in and help you out regarding getting it un-jammed.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Stock head unit isn't great as it is. I say you go ahead and get yourself a nice new one, with touch screen, bluetooth, and nav haha
Old 05-03-2012, 07:52 PM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

Someone posted pics of their shaker after it went out. The plastic trays that hold the cd's are literally just thicker the notebook paper and easy to snap
Consider this a time to upgrade. Gl getting your cd's out of the player
Old 05-03-2012, 09:27 PM
ironmind2012

Thanks for the feedback. The Shaker is making noise even when the car is turned off. click click click click!!!!...Like a freakin machine gun. Like it is trying to play, but cant. I wish there was a simple way to unjam it, but I guess there isnt.
So I guess it is time for an upgrade. I looked at a Kenwood with bluetooth, ipod, etc which seemed pretty good. I dont really know much about car stereos.
Thanks again!
Old 05-04-2012, 07:05 AM
mfergel
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, that was me that posted those pics. The problem is the trays that hold the cd's break and then you run into the problem you're having. You can open it up. There are two springs that you can remove, a couple of small screws at the top of some guide posts to removed and then you can slide those trays up and out to remove your cd's. You're pretty much out of luck though. I just finished replacing my stereo with a single din unit a few weeks ago. Will suffice for now. Sorry man.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:08 AM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

Do yourself a favor and replace the unit with a good aftermarket head...you wont have the problems and the sound out of the stock speakers will be much better!
Old 05-11-2012, 08:34 AM
2006mustanggtowner
1st Gear Member

yea my shaker 500 is always giveing me problems not playing cds, it does some random intializing thing. when it works its great but other then that i gotta shut my car off and wait for it to reset it hasnt done it in awhile knock on wood.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:11 AM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mfergel
You can open it up. There are two springs that you can remove, a couple of small screws at the top of some guide posts to removed and then you can slide those trays up and out to remove your cd's.
^^This.

You'll have to get a new head-unit, pull that one, and tear it apart to get your cds back. They've been making meals out of cds from the start now. The audio/visual section has a lot of walk-thru's for DIY in both respects. Crutchfield is your best bet to make it as painless as possible if you are at all uneasy.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:19 AM
SteveDwsn
1st Gear Member

Mine has issues with burned CDs. It runs perfectly with originals. I have checked and it is not a format issue. I think my gremlin lives in the radio and is a brand snob.

Quick Reply: 2006 Shaker CD player jammed